• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per PC Harvin will practice this week with the intention of playing

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Thats different then what he's said before.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a huge advantage with harvin playing because there is literally no game film on him with the seahawks so teams will for sure not know how to prepare for him when they play us and considering that we get an extra week to heal up and practice is another added bonus

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll was asked several questions about it but the best was the first. He had just said Harvin would practice this week when they hit the field and they would see what happens. A reporter asked him what has changed? and in a very carroll-like response he said He is going to practice this week, that's what's changed.

He denied that they have been holding him back for this and chalked it up to coincidence that it is now that he can return to practice, but I don't think anyone really buys that.

He continued to say all they are doing is putting him out in practice and they will evaluate him after. He did say he has been working hard in physical therapy and has been running and looks good doing it. He was also asked several questions about the challenges of adding him into an offense this late in the season and the changes that brings and he said they have no intentions of changing who they are or how they approach their offense. They simply want to see how much of what he does best they can add while still doing what they do.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/Percy_Harvin/statuses/417807394916159488

Looks like the Harvin saga continues. Man, I hope this dude plays and lives up the hype. How incredible would it be to win 13 games without him and then unleash secret weapon PH?

https://twitter.com/Percy_Harvin/statuses/417807394916159488

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having harvin back and a healthy Kearse would bode well for us. The attention Harvin would get should allow Baldwin and Tate to actually get open now and then as well. All will benefit from his mere presence on the field.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, from a gamesmanship perspective, if I were going to play Harvin then I wouldn't say anything about it and make it seem as unlikely as possible that he would play and hope your opponent didn't properly game-plan for him. If I had no intention of playing Harvin, then I would let everyone know that he is almost ready to play and hope that my opponent wastes countless hours preparing for schemes that they will never see. I hope I'm wrong but this makes me doubt he plays

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, from a gamesmanship perspective, if I were going to play Harvin then I wouldn't say anything about it and make it seem as unlikely as possible that he would play and hope your opponent didn't properly game-plan for him. If I had no intention of playing Harvin, then I would let everyone know that he is almost ready to play and hope that my opponent wastes countless hours preparing for schemes that they will never see. I hope I'm wrong but this makes me doubt he plays

I believe there are rules about that. You have to declare your injury and participation lists. They simply can't catch people off guard. Now of course they are not saying he is playing anyway. They are only saying he will practice this coming week and see how it goes. That's about as casual as they are allowed to be about it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are rules about that. You have to declare your injury and participation lists. They simply can't catch people off guard. Now of course they are not saying he is playing anyway. They are only saying he will practice this coming week and see how it goes. That's about as casual as they are allowed to be about it.

Right, but we can always downplay the odds of Harvin playing and list him as doubtful on all of our injury reports. Billicheck is notorious for pulling stunts like that

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh please dont let this be another tease. Either way it will at least give whoever we are playing next week something to think about.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they are intending it as a bluff simply because Harvin would tie up a valuable roster spot. If he had no chance of playing the team would IR him and try to add someone they think could add value to the team. They would want to do that as soon as possible in order to allow the new player time to practice.

I think this is legit and Harvin is going to at least make the effort to play.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be playing. let's hope for a good week of practices for these guys.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they are intending it as a bluff simply because Harvin would tie up a valuable roster spot. If he had no chance of playing the team would IR him and try to add someone they think could add value to the team. They would want to do that as soon as possible in order to allow the new player time to practice.

I think this is legit and Harvin is going to at least make the effort to play.

The question is, is the person replacing Harvin going to be more valuable than teams having to gameplan for the mere potential of having to play Harvin. I would think not

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire thing with Harvin just seems too sketchy. He looked full speed against the Vikings, then he doesn't practice for the rest of the season, then he suddenly can play again?

I know I'm being "that guy" but the fact that he had a minor ankle injury against the Seahawks while he was with the Vikings then never played again sort of makes me wonder.

Happy to have him back, he is a great asset but this entire thing makes me scratch my head.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where there is confusing on his status SF234. He is trying to come back from a hip surgery that normally takes a full year to recover from and has been trying like hell to get back sooner. They have been saying for weeks it isn't about his ability to practice or even play in a game, it's how he does the next day that has made them keep him on ice so to speak.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where there is confusing on his status SF234. He is trying to come back from a hip surgery that normally takes a full year to recover from and has been trying like hell to get back sooner. They have been saying for weeks it isn't about his ability to practice or even play in a game, it's how he does the next day that has made them keep him on ice so to speak.

I agree here. Percy could play its his recovery time that had been an issue. I truly believe once they clinched a play off spot, somewhere around that Viking game, there was a decision to sit Percy until the play offs. I fully expect him to play and cause lots of problems for the opposing defenses.