• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per PC Harvin will practice this week with the intention of playing

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they are intending it as a bluff simply because Harvin would tie up a valuable roster spot. If he had no chance of playing the team would IR him and try to add someone they think could add value to the team. They would want to do that as soon as possible in order to allow the new player time to practice.

I think this is legit and Harvin is going to at least make the effort to play.

Exactly since he is not on IR they must be planning on him playing.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news if practices go well for him and he's feeling no pain. We'll wait and see though. He definitely proved the passing game opens up substantially with him on the field and would be a huge injection of life in to the offense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he may be one and done, but if he has to sarifice his season to help us get to the NFCC game isnt it worth it?

if they save it for the NFCC or the SB and we lose in round one then we will never know if he would have helped us win.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just having him out there will create match-up issues even if he just goes 80 percent … Safeties will focus on him and cheat over the middle opening up outside receivers… The THREAT of Percy is good enough even if he doesn't go crazy … Maybe he needs to just get out there and not go full tilt and work his hip in to game shape slowly…

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, Percy last played in week 11 and if I'm not mistaken, he didn't go back to practicing regularly until after the week 17 game against the Rams. It looks like he's had about 6 weeks of rest in addition to the rest he had prior to week 11. Injuries are unpredictable of course, but it seems like Harvin's chances of being close to 100% are pretty good.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Percy last played in week 11 and if I'm not mistaken, he didn't go back to practicing regularly until after the week 17 game against the Rams. It looks like he's had about 6 weeks of rest in addition to the rest he had prior to week 11. Injuries are unpredictable of course, but it seems like Harvin's chances of being close to 100% are pretty good.
The problem is if he is 100% now and plays next weekend, will he have to be out til 2016 because of it? 6 weeks is a long time to recover from a light load game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he may be one and done, but if he has to sarifice his season to help us get to the NFCC game isnt it worth it?

if they save it for the NFCC or the SB and we lose in round one then we will never know if he would have helped us win.

Exactly! Any snaps that Harvin takes is a threat for a scoring chance. Also makes the opposing teams defense play more honest.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is if he is 100% now and plays next weekend, will he have to be out til 2016 because of it? 6 weeks is a long time to recover from a light load game.

I wouldn't call diving for a catch, making a good run back and multiple blocking situations a light load for someone in their first game back. The hip is one of the most important areas in the core for athletic performance. Shifting weight, cutting, swiveling, etc. All the other hip muscles are also affected by each other due to the agility and mobility of that part of the body.

I think he felt good and wanted to give it a 100% effort, but it was too early. Most people had another month or so on their timetable for him.

I also think it is just coincidence that they think he can give it another shot now. If they were just holding him out, I imagine he would have played the SF, AZ or StL games since they were all important.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time someone updates this thread I have a small panic attack when I check to see what's been posted. I'm paranoid I'm gonna see bad news.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call diving for a catch, making a good run back and multiple blocking situations a light load for someone in their first game back. The hip is one of the most important areas in the core for athletic performance. Shifting weight, cutting, swiveling, etc. All the other hip muscles are also affected by each other due to the agility and mobility of that part of the body.

I think he felt good and wanted to give it a 100% effort, but it was too early. Most people had another month or so on their timetable for him.

I also think it is just coincidence that they think he can give it another shot now. If they were just holding him out, I imagine he would have played the SF, AZ or StL games since they were all important.

That's exactly what I was thinking. There's a big difference between feeling 100% in practice and being 100% ready to play in a game, however limited your participation in that game might be. There's a lot you do in a game that you don't necessarily do in practice.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that they kept him limited today but said that the key to what he's able to do tomorrow will depends on how his hip respond today. The Hawks didn't really specify how much Harvin was limited today but it look like they're being very cautious with him.

If his hip responds well and he practices some more tomorrow. I think he'll be able to play. If it act up with any type of discomfort, I think he's out.

Right now, I think it's 50/50 he plays.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks don't have to submit their usual injury reports this week since they have a first-round bye in the playoffs, but wide receiver Percy Harvin did practice on Thursday, as expected.

It was the first time Harvin has been back on the field since he made his season debut against his former Minnesota Vikings teammates on Nov. 17.

Harvin had hip surgery on Aug. 1 to repair a torn labrum. He aggravated the hip in the Minnesota game and has not played since, but hopes to go on Jan. 11 in Seattle's playoff game.

"Percy's done a tremendous job of keeping his head up and focusing on what he can control," Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said. "We want him at 100 percent. If he is, man, he's something else.

"He can make a lot of plays for us and do a lot of special things. He's like a racehorse out there when you see him run. He's done everything he can do to keep his legs ready to go and his lungs ready to go."

Wilson said the Seahawks used most of Thursday's practice to go first-team offense against first-team defense.

"That was one of the best practices we've had," Wilson said. "It was almost like a game. Even [free safety] Earl Thomas was talking trash out there. It was fun to go against those guys."

Wilson said Harvin's presence at practice was noticed.

"It just adds another element to our game," Wilson said. "He's one of the most dynamic players in the National Football League. To get him out there, you can feel his effect and sense his ability. He has a great knack for the game and he's very physical. I'm really happy for him and I hope he can play."

2013 NFL playoffs -- Percy Harvin of Seattle Seahawks returns to practice - ESPN

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was almost like a game. Even [free safety] Earl Thomas was talking trash out there. It was fun to go against those guys."

Ha, that's awesome. It would be cool to see that live.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect less from an All-Pro.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
140103harvin600.jpg

Another day, another development in Percy Harvin’s possible return to action for the Seahawks.

The versatile receiver/returner/runner practiced Friday for the second consecutive day during the Seahawks’ playoff bye week, and did a lot more than he had Thursday. It was a positive step for the team, and especially Harvin, as far as his availability for next Saturday’s divisional playoff game at CenturyLink Field.

“He really did fine,” coach Pete Carroll said of Harvin, who had hip surgery Aug. 1 and has played in only one game this season. “He looked (good), and I think he felt pretty good about it.”

Harvin took part in just about every phase of Friday’s sun-drenched practice that was held along the shore of Lake Washington at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. He looked fluid and explosive while catching one pass in the first full-team session and then got behind the defense to catch a long pass from quarterback Russell Wilson in a 7-on-7 drill.

Harvin’s status remains day-to-day and, as always, will be impacted by how practicing one day leaves his hip feeling the next day

Focus on: Percy Harvin

Personally, I'm very encouraged to hear this news. Still, it will depend on how his hip continues to respond as they ramp up what he does in practice...but so far so good. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point but I'm not gonna lie...I have this feeling of excitement inside. I think Percy is gonna play and I think he's gonna make a big difference.

He won't get 16 catches for 226 yards like Sammy Watkins did in the bowl game, but if he can get us ONE kick return into the opposing team's territory or catch just ONE screen and take it 30-40 yards...that's making a difference for us. Even if he doesn't catch a lot of balls, if for just one play his presence on the field can distract the safety just enough for a Golden Tate or Doug Baldwin to slant to the middle for a crucial first down or touchdown...then that's also him making a big difference for us.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus on: Percy Harvin

Personally, I'm very encouraged to hear this news. Still, it will depend on how his hip continues to respond as they ramp up what he does in practice...but so far so good. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point but I'm not gonna lie...I have this feeling of excitement inside. I think Percy is gonna play and I think he's gonna make a big difference.

He won't get 16 catches for 226 yards like Sammy Watkins did in the bowl game, but if he can get us ONE kick return into the opposing team's territory or catch just ONE screen and take it 30-40 yards...that's making a difference for us. Even if he doesn't catch a lot of balls, if for just one play his presence on the field can distract the safety just enough for a Golden Tate or Doug Baldwin to slant to the middle for a crucial first down or touchdown...then that's also him making a big difference for us.

I agree. Plus if Harvin can finally start playing now and the injury is really healed he'll have the freshest set of legs in the playoffs.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone concerned by him playing that this could have an impact on his availability for 2014 season? Don't get me wrong, I really want him to play, but his "soreness" is extremely bizarre to me and has kept him out since the Vikings game. I guess I just do not want to see him get so beat up out there that the "soreness" would affect his readiness to play in 2014. But, I think we could use him. I think our offense has been out of whack. I honestly think our offense has been out of sync all season personally, but probably even more so in the last 6 games. I also feel as though Bevell's play calling has not been nearly as dynamic or unique as it was last year. I just feel that it has not been nearly as consistent as last years play calling was, but just a matter of my opinion. All in all, I want to see Percy play and make an impact, but I afraid of what the long term ramifications could be if he does play. Not going to lie, I know Sydney Rice before tearing his ACL was not having a good season, but I really wanted to see offensive plays with Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and either Kearse or Miller in routes and seeing how defenses were going to stop that.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone concerned by him playing that this could have an impact on his availability for 2014 season? Don't get me wrong, I really want him to play, but his "soreness" is extremely bizarre to me and has kept him out since the Vikings game. I guess I just do not want to see him get so beat up out there that the "soreness" would affect his readiness to play in 2014. But, I think we could use him. I think our offense has been out of whack. I honestly think our offense has been out of sync all season personally, but probably even more so in the last 6 games. I also feel as though Bevell's play calling has not been nearly as dynamic or unique as it was last year. I just feel that it has not been nearly as consistent as last years play calling was, but just a matter of my opinion. All in all, I want to see Percy play and make an impact, but I afraid of what the long term ramifications could be if he does play. Not going to lie, I know Sydney Rice before tearing his ACL was not having a good season, but I really wanted to see offensive plays with Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, and either Kearse or Miller in routes and seeing how defenses were going to stop that.

For me I'd take a Superbowl victory with Harvin out there making one or two plays that push us over the top but result in him being injured for 2014. In fact if his play helped inspire or jump start the offense/team to winning by taking heat off other guys but he didn't put up the numbers (catches/touchdown, ect) I'd still take it. I'd even call the trade a huge success if that's all he did for the team mainly because I feel that's why he was brought in. Not to destroy the other team but to give us a little more help which pushes us into a victory. My main fear is that he comes back and Wilson/PC try too hard to get Harvin involved. Thus Wilson forces throws or takes cares away from lynch. Or worse Harvin being back throws off the rythem of the other WR making the whole offense seem like there still playing like its the preseason once the game starts Sat.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I would not bad mad if Harvin played and was not ready for 2014 season if it guaranteed we would win the Super Bowl. Realistically though, we have no idea if Harvin playing would help or hurt this team (I am not implying it would hurt the team because we have already seen him help vs. the Vikings. I believe he could really help the offense.) That being said though, remember Gallaway came back for us back in the day and we tanked the season after that. Not the same team, I agree, I am just saying. So, what percentage of you guys believes Harvin will play on the 11th? If the statement is true, how many snaps do you think he will play in and will he kickoffs? I just am curious and am trying to spark conversation. He played 16 snaps I believe last time and had that 1 big kickoff return for 60 yards or something?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I would not bad mad if Harvin played and was not ready for 2014 season if it guaranteed we would win the Super Bowl. Realistically though, we have no idea if Harvin playing would help or hurt this team (I am not implying it would hurt the team because we have already seen him help vs. the Vikings. I believe he could really help the offense.) That being said though, remember Gallaway came back for us back in the day and we tanked the season after that. Not the same team, I agree, I am just saying. So, what percentage of you guys believes Harvin will play on the 11th? If the statement is true, how many snaps do you think he will play in and will he kickoffs? I just am curious and am trying to spark conversation. He played 16 snaps I believe last time and had that 1 big kickoff return for 60 yards or something?

Bold part was before my time so I will take your word. I do believe he will play and I think it will be around 20 to 25 snaps on offense. I don't believe he will do kickoffs unless the team needs a pick-me-up. From everything I'm reading about him it sounds like he's good to go. The fact he wasn't put on IR and the fact he and PC somewhat side stepping the question (Harvin has not talked to the media after practice) makes me feel he is or will be going full steam ahead. (side note wow KC is destorying the colts, never thought Smith was that great but man has he improved over the years)