• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per PC Harvin will practice this week with the intention of playing

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are pretty spot on with your predictions! I would have said similar snaps and no kickoff unless for a necessary spark! I really hope you are correct and that Harvin does play and he plays right around that many snaps. I hope even more that he has a BIG impact in the game if he does play. I would still like to know what the hell changed so dramatically when he said Monday morning on 710sports with Brock and Danny that he hinted that he would go on IR sometime in the week and then in his press conference in the afternoon he says he will be practicing on Thursday. I love Carroll and I know all other coaches do this, but I can't stand it when we are in the dark and all of the sudden shit changes and does a 180. I know it strategy and not giving information away....blah blah blah....To me, I feel like this was Carroll and co's plan all along.

On a different note, don't jump the gun to quick! It is only 41 to 31 Chiefs now and plenty of time left with the momentum in favor of the Colts. Speaking of the Colts, I am still pissed off more about losing to them than any other of our other losses this season. Our defense shit the fucking bed that game and had they been playing the way the did the second half we could have beat that damn team! I just hate that team because of Luck and how I feel he gets way more praise than Russell does. I don't care that we had the better team. Our offensive line is pretty bad and Luck could not do as well as Russell can in our offense because Russell can scramble better (Luck is a pretty decent runner though....I will give him that). It is a matter of opinion, but Luck is a pocket passer and our pocket collapses too fast and easily that I think Luck would not be doing as well as he has if he played for us vs. playing for the Colts. I could only dream of us having an Oline like we did in 05 for Russell. I would love to see what he could do with a decent offensive line. I am done with my rant.....lol!!!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya watching the colts game has been fun, only a three point lead now. But to me TY gates has been huge. So far. I have been disappointed by the colts fans though. It just dose not sound loud only heard the crowd like once or twice its been sad.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike KC and their fans (especially because I went to high school with a KC fan who has talked so much shit about his Chiefs being so good.....I do not wish that kind of meltdown upon really anyone except the 49ers!!! LOL!!!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've read is that the joint is fine and it's just a stiffness thing, so I don't think we have to worry about next season. I'm thinking this might be a one time shot for the postseason sort of thing though. If Philly wins this game then I think the first rounder is probably going to be the tougher game vs. the NFC Champ game if we make it so I say play him. That's unless Philly wins though, because at this point NO's just a bad football team on the road.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts...

1) #11 is a game changer - we NEED that right now on offense
2) I believe that Harvin told the team that he needs to play in the post season. He WANTS a Superbowl ring and right now is a good chance to get it. Best team Seattle has fielded in its history.
3) I'm sure he's in pain. He'll play through it; hopefully it doesn't slow him down.
4) If he doesn't play, then it's just one more thing the defense will have to adjust too.
5) I'd trade Harvin's entire career including his entire contract for a single Superbowl win. I'm willing to bet Harvin values a possible ring this year over his performance next year (especially given his guaranteed money)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to doubt a 2014 season return as long as he doesn't re-injure the hip itself between now and then. Soreness or discomfort, if he's still experiencing it after this game (assuming he plays), should be easier to treat during the off-season when there isn't the urgency to get back onto the field for a game like there has been since he first started rehabbing after his surgery.

It sucks that he's played just one game for us and that his ability to play another this season seems perpetually in doubt, but let's not prematurely end his 2014 season based on soreness that tends to happen when one has surgery, goes through rehab and tries to do something they're used to doing before they're physically ready to do it.

Having had several surgeries myself, including one on my hip, but not having the urgency of trying to play in the NFL less than a year later pushing my recovery afterwards, I can tell you that soreness tends to come with the territory and it can stick around a while, especially if you push too hard to get back to normal, which for Harvin means prepping to throw his body around and take hits from large people going really fast.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts...

2) I believe that Harvin told the team that he needs to play in the post season. He WANTS a Superbowl ring and right now is a good chance to get it. Best team Seattle has fielded in its history.

Disagree with this. Seattle 05 had the #1 Offense and #10 Defense. This year we have the #1 Defense and #17 Offense. Don't get me wrong defenses win championships (so the old saying goes) but Seattle amidst some bad calls choked SBOWL 40 away. They played horrible and made a ton of errors (HORRIBLE punting, two missed field goals, drops, some gap control issues, etc).

This years team is amazing and has more STAYING power than the 05 Hawks, but having as decent of a defense as we did while having an MVP on offense and the best Offensive line in the last 25+ years of football is hard to argue with.

It's a pretty big toss up.... but I didn't feel anywhere near as nervous with the 05 Hawks in the playoffs as this group. I still think Seattle wins, but like I said I'm a tad nervous. 05 Seahawks I was like, "Call me when the SuperBowl starts." Alexander and that run game was just guaranteed. For pass rushers, it was like trying to go through a brick wall on the left side.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts...

1) #11 is a game changer - we NEED that right now on offense
3) I'm sure he's in pain. He'll play through it; hopefully it doesn't slow him down.
4) If he doesn't play, then it's just one more thing the defense will have to adjust too.
5) I'd trade Harvin's entire career including his entire contract for a single Superbowl win. I'm willing to bet Harvin values a possible ring this year over his performance next year (especially given his guaranteed money)

Absolutely I would as well 100 times out of 100. This is the year. We have homefield advantage and the NFC West is only going to get better. We also are going to have cap issues starting this offseason. The time is now so if he can play he needs to play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all I've got to say is ...the Seahawks are going to win the Superbowl with or without out Harvin, just my opinion. Sure Harvin will help, but the Seahawks have this...one way or another.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting we give him the complete RGIII treatment but it's do or die time. If he can walk he can play. If he draws one double team that cuts Tate loose for a deep completion let's have it. I don't care if he touches the ball, if we put him in a split back set with lynch and the D bites on his side and we send RW out on a read option run the other way for a crucial first down, he was worth it.

If he's too fucked up to play next year, cut him loose.