• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, LBU, who do you think we have the best shot at for a RB?

If you had asked a month ago, I'd say David Williams,just a matter of time. Derrick Green is now a very real possibility. I think WIlliams may feel some pressure to commit this weekend. 2 very different backs, I'd be happy with either. Williams a little faster with better pass catching skills, Green more traditional PSU back. He had a great visit and really bonded with Hack at the Rivals 7on7 when their team won the event. After what the staff pulled with Dorian Johnson, I won't rule anyone out they are after and has reciprocated interest. London is all over Green. After those 2, I have no idea who I'd say.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to chime in with my opinion by stating I think we have the best shot at David Williams from Philadelphia

He seemed ready to commit a while ago, but dragging his feet may cost him. I know Fuller is in his ear and the other commits have been all over him for a few months. He is supposed to be there with a bunch of the commits like Breneman and Hack this weekend again. Maybe he finally pulls the trigger.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of the 3; scout, rivals, and 247, put them in order from worst to best(3 being the lowest(worst) and 1 highest(best) I want to know which one to follow closely because since the fall of 2005 Ive followed both rivals and scout (which in reality they are good, but their rankings(as with any other site) are completely different from one another.

Hi, PSFS95, I'd go:
1. 247
2. Rivals
3. Scout

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to chime in with my opinion by stating I think we have the best shot at David Williams from Philadelphia

He's looking at a bunch of different schools. There have been a lot of early commits this year in every conference, but I think he's just one of these kids that likes to take his time to process his decision. That being said, I'd sure like to have him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of the 3; scout, rivals, and 247, put them in order from worst to best(3 being the lowest(worst) and 1 highest(best) I want to know which one to follow closely because since the fall of 2005 Ive followed both rivals and scout (which in reality they are good, but their rankings(as with any other site) are completely different from one another.

Depends what you are looking for. Recruiting info, 247 has blown by the others, especially with addition of Cory James, who was the best PSU recruiting guy on scout. They have been ahead of everyone and offer a great early and end of week feature....cory's notebook monday's and the S-Zone Fridays. They are offering a free trial now...I think scout is as well.

Scout seems to be rolling towards more pretty young chicks reporting instead of getting the best news and recruitiing info. The PSU site still offers some nice stuff on the team, but I like recruiting info, so when my scout membership is up, I am only paying for 247.

BWI sucks. Its like they wait till 247 or scout reports something then run with their own story. Grosz is the worst by far. Their free board is entertaining for non football talk anyhow.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looking at a bunch of different schools. There have been a lot of early commits this year in every conference, but I think he's just one of these kids that likes to take his time to process his decision. That being said, I'd sure like to have him.

He's still a heavy PSU lean, but I think he wants to see the offense in action before he commits. Hoping the addition of Johnson along with the outstanding reviews of Mahon at camps will help make his decision. a couple of road graders and a true frosh LT on this year's team should make him happy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LBU, do you think the Devils will be able to keep Zach Parise? If not where do you see him going? Im hoping he ends up choosing the Penguins!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LBU, do you think the Devils will be able to keep Zach Parise? If not where do you see him going? Im hoping he ends up choosing the Penguins!!

I've heard that Penguins rumor, and I don't approve.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they have a very good shot at keeping him. If he leaves, its Minnesota, its his home and they are prepared to throw a ridiculous offer his way. I think he likes where he is, is the captain of a very good team with a bright future and he really likes playing for DeBoer. i think the Pens may whiff on both him and Suter.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLB Zach Bradshaw from Maryland is lucky #13. Love this kid as an OLB prospect. Very athletic with a good frame that will fill out under fitz.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The services list him as a WR, I'm guessing he plays two ways. Is he projected at LB? Whichever, thanks for reporting.

Bradshaw is 6'3", 205 pounds, from Damascus, MD. He had offers from > 10 schools, including Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue, and closer to him, Virginia and Va Tech.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The services list him as a WR, I'm guessing he plays two ways. Is he projected at LB? Whichever, thanks for reporting.

Bradshaw is 6'3", 205 pounds, from Damascus, MD. He had offers from > 10 schools, including Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue, and closer to him, Virginia and Va Tech.

He's been recruited as an OLB. Direct quote from his dad. They came for a second visit the day after he got back from a mission in Honduras to meet with Vanderlinden, who was not there on his initial visit. They love his ability to play in space and cover WR/TE in their new defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, PSFS95. Damn, pretty good wideout. Has a good athletic skill-set at that level. Good instincts, he's a ball player. I think the speed is there (for a LB), but of course he will have to get bigger. He will with Fitz. Welcome Zach!

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted todays updated list on my FB page

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, PSFS95. Damn, pretty good wideout. Has a good athletic skill-set at that level. Good instincts, he's a ball player. I think the speed is there (for a LB), but of course he will have to get bigger. He will with Fitz. Welcome Zach!

Reminds me A LOT of Sean Lee, who I saw play quite a bit in HS. Many of their great LB's lately have come in around 205-210....Lee, Connor, Poz, Hodges were all similiar size. With Fitz and this kid's frame, I have no doubt this hewill be 220-230 of muscle and keep his speed.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#14 in the books, Zayd Isaah, OLB. Another very athletic LB, definite pattern at that spo