• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2018 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he went up for a rebound at end of game and came down on another player's ankle. He'll be fine. I saw a pic of him on crutches and immediate thought was please don't be a knee injury. Pretty sure that will be his lat HS Bball game. He will be off to the Army all star game then start classes in Happy Valley

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Mustipher has a dominating day one at Under Armor practices and is named Alpha Dog. Justin Shorter also standing out

Phancman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure you guys are seeing the Isheem Young news. Any chance he can come back with this class if cleared?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's literally on camera stuffing gun into his clothes, then emerges with a hoodie stuffed full of cash after robbery, now some other guy appears to be taking the fall....seems way too convenient. I mean, why does this guy suddenly make a confession and shoulder all blame NOW, almost a month later. Heard he supposedly confessed when they initially brought him in as well. Unless everything is dropped, can't see anyway we circle back to him

I am in wait and see mode. I hope for the kid's sake, if he is indeed innocent it gets cleared up very quickly so he can get his scholarship whether here or somewhere else.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons play at Army AA practice is blowing up twitter. He crushed Jurkovic full speed and overwhelming sentiment is that he has been a real problem for offense today....guess his ankle is good to go

At UA game, Slade is giving people fits, Shorter is said to be a man among boys, Mustipher still having great sessions and Oweh looking good.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I have liked every class Franklin has brought in and think they were filled with very good players, but THIS class has some real difference makers in it. The kind of players that get you to that next level. Parsons, Shorter, Slade and Mustipher are dominating against the nation's best at the UA and Army practices. Keep on winning and we keep getting a higher percentage of these players. Think all 4 of those guys play and play a prominent role next year.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I have liked every class Franklin has brought in and think they were filled with very good players, but THIS class has some real difference makers in it. The kind of players that get you to that next level. Parsons, Shorter, Slade and Mustipher are dominating against the nation's best at the UA and Army practices. Keep on winning and we keep getting a higher percentage of these players. Think all 4 of those guys play and play a prominent role next year.

Just imagine if Fields stayed with us. Yes yes I know I am never fully satisfied :D However this has been a amazing class and hoping tomorrow will lead to even more.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oweh committs to us

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Oweh commits, and appaently did sign in early period, just kept choice secret

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocked if we don't get Enis, good shpe for Walker, but still has OSU official....although has said he wants to take another uofficial to PSU after.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now have 22 signed in the class. How many more can they take? Is SAB for sure not going to be in this class or is there still a chance? Also saw a CB for Young back to PSU, will they take him again if his situation gets resolved? Outside of those two it looks like the other top targets are Enis, Walker, and Friday.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be stunned if Young is in this class for anyone. SAB still has a lot of work to do. Correct on the last 3 unless someone new pops on radar

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final countdown for Walker and others. Thoughts on who we will land at the deadline?

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final countdown for Walker and others. Thoughts on who we will land at the deadline?

Seems like Walker is 50/50 between OSU and PSU, JF had the final in home with him though so that's good. Enis seemed like a slam dunk but after Gattis left some other crystal ball picks started showing up for him. PSU still has the CB lead though. The only other big target I can think of was Friday and he committed to OSU a few weeks ago so that's probably done. If they miss on any of these remaining guys I'd suspect that they have some plan B guys that become takes and are a part of the class, but I personally have no idea who those guys are, maybe LBU has some insight on that.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Walker is 50/50 between OSU and PSU, JF had the final in home with him though so that's good. Enis seemed like a slam dunk but after Gattis left some other crystal ball picks started showing up for him. PSU still has the CB lead though. The only other big target I can think of was Friday and he committed to OSU a few weeks ago so that's probably done. If they miss on any of these remaining guys I'd suspect that they have some plan B guys that become takes and are a part of the class, but I personally have no idea who those guys are, maybe LBU has some insight on that.

OSU was upset they didn’t get the last shot at Walker but I don’t think with his recruitment it really matters to much. He has been to both schools a lot and let’s hope Franklin and staff can work their magic. Enis i feel will stay in the West coast for college but I hope I’m wrong. Just getting 1 of these 2 would make this a amazing class. Taking only 24 instead of 25 schollys will be fine with me. Amazing job of the staff and having the new early signing period I think really helped us this year. We probably could have lost 1-3 players after we lost a couple of great coaches. Sucks to lose great assistants but good to know other teams are thinking highly of them. I just hate when they leave PSU and it’s a lateral move and not a move where they become a HC. Wish all of them the very best.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was upset they didn’t get the last shot at Walker but I don’t think with his recruitment it really matters to much. He has been to both schools a lot and let’s hope Franklin and staff can work their magic. Enis i feel will stay in the West coast for college but I hope I’m wrong. Just getting 1 of these 2 would make this a amazing class. Taking only 24 instead of 25 schollys will be fine with me. Amazing job of the staff and having the new early signing period I think really helped us this year. We probably could have lost 1-3 players after we lost a couple of great coaches. Sucks to lose great assistants but good to know other teams are thinking highly of them. I just hate when they leave PSU and it’s a lateral move and not a move where they become a HC. Wish all of them the very best.

You never want coaching turnover but if it were to happen this is probably the best possible year it could have happened. Everyone in the class minus SAB was locked in after the early signing period so there wasn't really much that the losses of the coaches could have done. Who knows what would have happened if the early period wasn't implemented this year. All the coaches that left PSU this off season were promoted. Moorhead to HC, Huff got the Co-OC title with Moorhead at MSU which I'm sure included a pay raise, same with Gattis at Alabama.

I think LBU would have a more definitive answer about our chances with those guys but I think there is still a legit chance that PSU gets both.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never want coaching turnover but if it were to happen this is probably the best possible year it could have happened. Everyone in the class minus SAB was locked in after the early signing period so there wasn't really much that the losses of the coaches could have done. Who knows what would have happened if the early period wasn't implemented this year. All the coaches that left PSU this off season were promoted. Moorhead to HC, Huff got the Co-OC title with Moorhead at MSU which I'm sure included a pay raise, same with Gattis at Alabama.

I think LBU would have a more definitive answer about our chances with those guys but I think there is still a legit chance that PSU gets both.

All the crystal balls are flipping to PSU for Walker. The OSU and VT insiders say they'd be suprised if he didn't sign with PSU. Anything can happen before Wednesday, but as of now, we lead for Walker. Enis is all about his mom wanting him to stay closer to her. Apparently her and Curtis didn't have the most amacable split and its not the fact she doesn't want him going so far to school as it is she wants him closer to her than dad.