• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word from 46.2 is that Marcus Newby shall be Huskers.. have y'all heard anything?

Probably, his final 2 were PSU and Nebraska and we just filled up at OLB with Issah unless someone like Anzalone or Trey Johnson wants to jump on boards, no room at the inn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'preesh, LBU. Been keeping my eye on this guy - and he has big upside, imo.

3-star Zayd Issah is the Nittany Lions 14th commitment. He's 6'3", 200, and projects at LB. Mr. Issah is from Harrisburg, and had > 10 offers.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anzalone to announce at the opening this coming weekend. He just visited PSU with his family and hung with Breneman and HAckenberg. Families went to dinner together as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Anzalone to announce at the opening this coming weekend. He just visited PSU with his family and hung with Breneman and HAckenberg. Families went to dinner together as well.

Odds for PSU?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds for PSU?

33.3% with ND and Florida having the same. I think a lot for PSU depends on whether he got accepted into the special MBA business program. They were trying to get him an answer over the weekend. Very smart kid, as worried about the academic benefits as football opportunities.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33.3% with ND and Florida having the same. I think a lot for PSU depends on whether he got accepted into the special MBA business program. They were trying to get him an answer over the weekend. Very smart kid, as worried about the academic benefits as football opportunities.

Yes, I've read about this contingency. Hope they can get him in - I know that's a really competitive program. I was disappointed to see Buddy Brown commit to Temple. Thought we'd bring him in.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've read about this contingency. Hope they can get him in - I know that's a really competitive program. I was disappointed to see Buddy Brown commit to Temple. Thought we'd bring him in.

Buddy Brown was plan B or C type kid. A tweener who they didn't feel could cover and play in space. He never got an offer from this staff or he'd have jumped in a second. The kids we've gotten are far more athletic and every guy left on our LB board is as well. I think they felt Brown had plateaued and may even outgrow LB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Newby has committed to Nebraska, and comes off the board.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another move that should surprise nobody, Alex Anzalone to Notre Dame. Maybe he'll stay committed more than a few weeks this time

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another move that should surprise nobody, Alex Anzalone to Notre Dame. Maybe he'll stay committed more than a few weeks this time

Thanks, LBU. Anzalone is off the board - frankly, I'm not very upset, as it seems like the kid brings the drama.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, LBU. Anzalone is off the board - frankly, I'm not very upset, as it seems like the kid brings the drama.

I would have liked him more from an image/perception point of keeping a highly rated kid in PA than I would an actual talent and potential standpoint. Kid is a great athlete, but seems more like a workout warrior, especially on defense. His tape is far more impressive on offense. I personally like Benton better at LB, but it appears the staff is split on him. Trey Johnson just confirmed he will visit PSU and he has a good relationship with Roof. He'd be an amazing get if we can sway him. DB recruiting needs to pick up. Would love to land Barnwel and 2 more.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT from CA, committed to USC Wednesday, but is still supposedly taking visits. Supposed to be in Happy Valley for OSU game. Not sure if you want to leave him on board or not, but figured it was relevant info anyhow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT from CA, committed to USC Wednesday, but is still supposedly taking visits. Supposed to be in Happy Valley for OSU game. Not sure if you want to leave him on board or not, but figured it was relevant info anyhow.

Off the board, bro. Can't wait till kickoff.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the board, bro. Can't wait till kickoff.

Me either, and I'm sure the team feels the same. They all seem focused and buying into O'brien's "Ignore the noise" mantra. Glad to see 18 year old kids understand the Sandusky thing was about people in power committing a crime, not an NCAA issue. All have stayed unwavering in their committments. Love all these idiots in the media crying LOIC and NCAA punishment, yet there is no NCAA rule violated in any way. At least the band aid is off, the olympics will draw attention away and NFL will be starting soon. Can't wait to be in the stands to watch the dawning of the Bill O'Brien era, I think we are in very good hands.

Recruiting will probably be slow for a while barring a David WIlliams commit or WAlton from Bama. Seems they like him more than benton, which i am not pleased with. Other than that, mostly looking to sway some higher end DB's and they aren't committing anytime soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, and I'm sure the team feels the same. They all seem focused and buying into O'brien's "Ignore the noise" mantra. Glad to see 18 year old kids understand the Sandusky thing was about people in power committing a crime, not an NCAA issue. All have stayed unwavering in their committments. Love all these idiots in the media crying LOIC and NCAA punishment, yet there is no NCAA rule violated in any way. At least the band aid is off, the olympics will draw attention away and NFL will be starting soon. Can't wait to be in the stands to watch the dawning of the Bill O'Brien era, I think we are in very good hands.

Recruiting will probably be slow for a while barring a David WIlliams commit or WAlton from Bama. Seems they like him more than benton, which i am not pleased with. Other than that, mostly looking to sway some higher end DB's and they aren't committing anytime soon.

One thing is for sure - if you're an elite CB looking for early playing time for the next couple of years, PSU is a good destination. We're thin back there.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure - if you're an elite CB looking for early playing time for the next couple of years, PSU is a good destination. We're thin back there.

yeah, but I'm sure most want to see us actually play man to man aggressive style before jumping on board. Our previous system was bad for elite CB's to imporve and develop their talents for the NFL....all soft zone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Webb has decommitted from PSU, and committed to UNC.