• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman‏@BFeldmanCBS

RT @EyeOnRecruiting: Notre Dame flips Penn State commit Will Fuller: Notre Dame flips former Penn State commit Will Fuller - CBSSports 3rd recruit to decommit from Nittany Lions.

That was an offer he always wanted, the situation made it an easier call. He's the 2nd decommit after sanctions though.. I love how they spin that on cbs. Webb decommitted prior, his family is moving south and he wanted to play with his buddy drennon

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an offer he always wanted, the situation made it an easier call. He's the 2nd decommit after sanctions though.. I love how they spin that on cbs. Webb decommitted prior, his family is moving south and he wanted to play with his buddy drennon

Yea the media is terrible at spinning things. Pretty typical.

Zach Bradshaw has decommitted.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian Johnson has de-committed. He reached out to VT about two weeks ago but we (on the VT board) were not going to say anything until it became official.

Props to EvanGWatkins over at the VT page for the scoop.

Pitt appears to be his likely destination.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken Johnson and Bradshaw off of the board.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Smith, CB from DC area committed today. Had some decent offers, was looking at Tennessee, Colorado, Hawaii

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy Brown back in contact as well. If he gets that offer, we'll get him to replace Bradshaw.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a blog giving my predictions on how Penn State will fare this year. let me know what you think Nam's Noodle: My Predictions for Penn State Football 2012

I think Navy is closer, Northwestern much closer (they give us trouble even when we are substantially better,) NO WAY we lose to Purdue at all, let alone by 2 TD. We handle them even when they are clearly better. I think Nebraska and Iowa are both very close games, may win one. Ohio State is a coin toss to me.

Viriginia could be tricky as well. Its hard to say, but I think this team will surprise. Oline will be much improved. Larry Johnson already remarking how much better and stronger they are compared to years past, we lost Redd, but have a very good set of RB's, defense should be nasty and more aggressive and I think McGloin has a very good year under BOB. Paul Jones will also see some time. I think 8-4 at worst, 10-2 at best. Either way, I can't wait to be the loudest I have ever been in that stadium when these kids take the field September 1.

Next year could be tougher with some of our defensive losses. I really think next season will be the bottom point. Recruiting will pick back up after that and young kids will see a chance to play in an aggressive, pro style system.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a blog giving my predictions on how Penn State will fare this year. let me know what you think Nam's Noodle: My Predictions for Penn State Football 2012

I disagree with much of that. I think the Ohio game will be much lower scoring as our offense tries to get in the groove with the new system. I don't see us putting up 44 on Navy or them only scoring 6, I'd think 21-17 is closer to accurate with who has which score being up in the air. Temple has almost beaten us several times in the past few years, perhaps that was our defensive scheme and predictable offense, perhaps not. I see it pretty much the same way that I see the Navy game as being a tossup.

I agree with your Northwestern prediction as I think our offense will have found its groove by then and that the close games over the years were primarily due to our very predictable coaching. We will put up alot more points on Iowa than we have historically because Ferrentz won't be pulling out the Idiot's Guide to Coaching College Football in 1960 to figure out our play calling. I think it'll be close but we'll lose. Flip the Ohio State score. Purdue I think will be a blowout assuming we are healthy. Nebraska, Illinois, and Wisconsin look about right.

I'd say 6-6 realistically with 8-4 being very possible. Remember, we are lacking depth at alot of key positions and are learning an entirely new offensive scheme.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, 46, got it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is slippin. We've picked up a couple commits since last post. Gaines, S/CB from Georgia and Tanner Hartman today, OT formerly committed to Maryland.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is slippin. We've picked up a couple commits since last post. Gaines, S/CB from Georgia and Tanner Hartman today, OT formerly committed to Maryland.

Yeah, I've been busy, but I'll try to update the big board later. I did update the list of recruits on the first page.

Tanner Hartman is a 2-star lineman (247 has him as SDE, btw) from Lynchburg, VA. Kasey Gaines is a 3-star safety from Loganville, GA. Look like good pickups to me:

Christian Hackenburg, QB
Brendan Mahon, OL
Andrew Nelson, OL
Tanner Hartman, OL
Adam Brenenman, TE
Neiko Robinson, DB
Jordan Smith, DB
Kasey Gaines, DB
Brandon Bell, LB
Curtis Cothran, DL
Garret Sickels, DL

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been busy, but I'll try to update the big board later. I did update the list of recruits on the first page.

Tanner Hartman is a 2-star lineman (247 has him as SDE, btw) from Lynchburg, VA. Kasey Gaines is a 3-star safety from Loganville, GA. Look like good pickups to me:

Christian Hackenburg, QB
Brendan Mahon, OL
Andrew Nelson, OL
Tanner Hartman, OL
Adam Brenenman, TE
Neiko Robinson, DB
Jordan Smith, DB
Kasey Gaines, DB
Brandon Bell, LB
Curtis Cothran, DL
Garret Sickels, DL

Yeah, he's listed as both, but his coach says he has not played defense until this year. He did work out at their camp as a DE, but he talks about playing OL under Mac in his interview. He's also listed a 3 star on either scout or 24/7. Hoping they can get a few more early enrollees that count against last years total and not our 15 for this season. Going to need a JC QB now that PJ has left the program too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone! No I didn't forget about you guys! I have just been busy with school work and making some life changes. So it looks as if I gave Penn State a better record at the mid point of the season(predicted 6-0) but I have to say, I am liking the confidence in the team even after starting 0-2. This team seems to show a lot of character and if they continue to play like this, they may be, just may be, be able to win 10 games (my final W-L originally for us was 8-4) so I might not be off by much when the season is all said and done.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone! No I didn't forget about you guys! I have just been busy with school work and making some life changes. So it looks as if I gave Penn State a better record at the mid point of the season(predicted 6-0) but I have to say, I am liking the confidence in the team even after starting 0-2. This team seems to show a lot of character and if they continue to play like this, they may be, just may be, be able to win 10 games (my final W-L originally for us was 8-4) so I might not be off by much when the season is all said and done.

Should be 6-0, bad bounce in Ohio game and kicker completely shitting the bed in Virginia cost them 2 games. This team is coming together and improving every week. McGloin looks like a QB, which is a minor miracle and the defense has taken to Roof's system. Zwiniak emerging has been huge and both lines are much better than they were in September. 8-4 should not be a problem, hell, they could win out the way the Big 10 looks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be 6-0, bad bounce in Ohio game and kicker completely shitting the bed in Virginia cost them 2 games. This team is coming together and improving every week. McGloin looks like a QB, which is a minor miracle and the defense has taken to Roof's system. Zwiniak emerging has been huge and both lines are much better than they were in September. 8-4 should not be a problem, hell, they could win out the way the Big 10 looks.

No doubt we had those games won. But it is what it is. Penn State has said their goal is to win their division. Oh how sweet it will be if we can taste the salty tears of the psu bashers, and making Emmert look like a fool!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like PSU has offered and apparently leads for top JUCO QB Jake Waters. Would be huge to land him if for nothing more than depth and the ability to redshirt Hackenberg.