• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM!!! BIG wekend for the Nittany Lions. Zayd Isaah back in the fold and Jonothan Walton (LB from Alabama) committed as well. Also, coaches were in house with Boyd Thursday and he came away impressed.....more importantly, MOM was VERY impressed. If we get him on campus, look out. Guessing Hack and Breneman venture into Happy Valley for that weekend when he does, he likes Hack A LOT!!! This stuff is F-ing awesome. If the NCAA hadn't handcuffed them, we'd be playing for a National title in 2-3 years.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and, the hits keep coming. Commit #4 has dropped from the weekend. Virginia WR, Daesean Hamilton has joined the class and word is Georgia CB Singleton could follow in next day or 2 along with top JUCO QB Jake Waters who has an in home with coach O'Brien tonight and expects decision in next couple days. If we lose waters, another top JUCO QB ready to jump on board. Also, Mark Whipple, offensive coordinator for Browns, kid is set to walk on as a QB. This staff is sick. If NCAA hadn't overstepped, this would be top 5 class easy. Just think, this is the toughest year they have to recruit. Redshirts after this season will only miss 1 bowl and a bunch of bigtime kids already interested for next class.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im wondering if Penn State is also recruiting players right now, that even though they are limited with scholarships due to sanctions, they may ask them to walk on right now but then give them a scholarship once the sanctions are lifted. Not saying they would go out and do this with 10 guys every off-season, but maybe a good 1 or 2 solid prospect(s)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im wondering if Penn State is also recruiting players right now, that even though they are limited with scholarships due to sanctions, they may ask them to walk on right now but then give them a scholarship once the sanctions are lifted. Not saying they would go out and do this with 10 guys every off-season, but maybe a good 1 or 2 solid prospect(s)

I'm sure they are telling some kids they could possibly earn a ship if one opened up or sanctions were lessened.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are telling some kids they could possibly earn a ship if one opened up or sanctions were lessened.

I remember Bill O'Brien thinking and saying that the NCAA would possibly lift the sanctions when he got hired as long as the team didnt commit any violations (which they never did in the first place) anyways where have you heard that the NCAA could possibly lift the sanctions? and when would they do so if they decided to do that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Bill O'Brien thinking and saying that the NCAA would possibly lift the sanctions when he got hired as long as the team didnt commit any violations (which they never did in the first place) anyways where have you heard that the NCAA could possibly lift the sanctions? and when would they do so if they decided to do that.

When he got hired, he was told there would be no sanctions, this is why he had his automatic contract extension kick in when sanctions were handed down. From what I have heard, the staff feels they will be reduced, not sure when or what gets reduced. The Bowls are a real non issue after this class, if you redshirt in next year's class you only miss 1. The issue is getting back some of those scholarships. If we even get 10 back per year, this team will be a contender for conference and National title coming off bowl sanctions. O'Brien is killing it with limited ships, give him a full slate or even only handicap him 10 per year and we won't miss a beat. I know Erickson hinted at it as well, guessing there was some agreement to have NCAA drop hammer and review after a year or 2 and reduce at that point. The ridiculous notion that we had a problem with academic and athletic separation has been disproved for the last 50 years. I hope they knock them down some, but I'm not holding breath. If we had anyone with a damn backbone in the administration they'd have never been handed down in first place.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, are we now in the running for JUCO DT Marquel Combs? would be a good pickup, 4 star DT on scout 5 star on 247

Five-star JUCO DT Marquel Combs talks PSU offer

It's said he's verbal to Kansas State on some site, but on another it says he's still taking visits and is naming his top 4 on the Dec.14. And I believe I saw something about him being high on Larry Johnson being the coach of the DL for Penn State.

He loved Larry Johnson, deciding between PSU and Michigan State for last visit. We could still probably get Crayton from Bama if we want another DT, but this kid would fill an immediate need.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He loved Larry Johnson, deciding between PSU and Michigan State for last visit. We could still probably get Crayton from Bama if we want another DT, but this kid would fill an immediate need.

Being a JUCO would he already be entering as a Junior?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquel Combs has apparently selected Kansas. However it says he's just a soft verbal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Waters announces this morning.

Down to Kansas St or Penn St

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Waters announces this morning.

Down to Kansas St or Penn St

Yeah, sounds like his coach talked him into K State after he was a heavy PSU lean. He told our staff he was coming here the other day, said he was still coming here after K-State visited last night, then his coach came over after and suddenly K-State had made up ground, presto he went K-State. Good luck to him, he'll need it in that offense. Puzzling choice for a kid who wants to get to the league as a QB.Shocked all the analysts and Tyler Ferguson who was waiting to see what Waters did. He actually commited to HOuston this morning, when the news of Waters to K-State came out, he decomitted and will be at PSU tomorrow. Kid has all the skills and an extra year (4 to play 3 as where waters has 3 to play 2). Sounds like he'll be on board by the end of the weekend, he is #2 on some rankings, but on the24/7 composite rankings he's higher than Waters.....i think he may have more raw skill, but Waters is more polished and ready to play now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sounds like his coach talked him into K State after he was a heavy PSU lean. He told our staff he was coming here the other day, said he was still coming here after K-State visited last night, then his coach came over after and suddenly K-State had made up ground, presto he went K-State. Good luck to him, he'll need it in that offense. Puzzling choice for a kid who wants to get to the league as a QB.Shocked all the analysts and Tyler Ferguson who was waiting to see what Waters did. He actually commited to HOuston this morning, when the news of Waters to K-State came out, he decomitted and will be at PSU tomorrow. Kid has all the skills and an extra year (4 to play 3 as where waters has 3 to play 2). Sounds like he'll be on board by the end of the weekend, he is #2 on some rankings, but on the24/7 composite rankings he's higher than Waters.....i think he may have more raw skill, but Waters is more polished and ready to play now.

Nah, Emmert decided to commit a NCAA infraction and bribed Waters to go to K-State by giving him money ;)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waters is from right there in Council Bluffs so it's just a few hours drive for his folks to go to Manhatten, KS.

I'd guess that's what it came down to.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and boom, Tyler Ferguson commits to PSU, 2nd ranked JUCO on some sites, but #1 on composite 24/7 ranking which takes all sites into account. 6'5" prototype kid for BOB's offense, good arm, he also has 1 more year of eligibility than Waters. We needed an extra arm in camp and some depth for Spring practice, great get.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waters is from right there in Council Bluffs so it's just a few hours drive for his folks to go to Manhatten, KS.

I'd guess that's what it came down to.

yeah, he seemed like a good kid who had to make a very tough choice. I wish him well, he had nothing but good stuff to say about PSU, just think he made a very poor choice if he aspires to be an NFL QB. That system and coaching won't help nearly as much as O'Brien and running the Patriots offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated final list.