• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my mid-season report card on Penn State Nam's Noodle: My Penn State Mid-Season Report Card

2 minor disagreements. I wouldn't give McGloin an A+ based on his performance against Ohio. He left at least 28 points on the field with poor throws or very bad reads missing wide open guys who would have walked in to end zone. I'd give him a B+ or A-. He is improving each week though and is night and day compared to last year with some better QB coaching. Makes me very excited about how good Hackenberg will be in this system under O'Brien.

Also disagree quite a bit about Redd being biggest loss. Our running game is rolling, but losing Fera has directly cost us at least 1 win. He is leaps and bounds better than both our punter and FG kicker. Fera was a HUGE blow. Redd was good, but if I could get any kid back on the team its Fera without question

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 minor disagreements. I wouldn't give McGloin an A+ based on his performance against Ohio. He left at least 28 points on the field with poor throws or very bad reads missing wide open guys who would have walked in to end zone. I'd give him a B+ or A-. He is improving each week though and is night and day compared to last year with some better QB coaching. Makes me very excited about how good Hackenberg will be in this system under O'Brien.

Also disagree quite a bit about Redd being biggest loss. Our running game is rolling, but losing Fera has directly cost us at least 1 win. He is leaps and bounds better than both our punter and FG kicker. Fera was a HUGE blow. Redd was good, but if I could get any kid back on the team its Fera without question

We've left a lot of points out there because we can't kick FGs. It's still hard to digest that UVA loss. We see a lot of bogging down on the opponent's side of the field, as well. MM has been a little shakier the last couple of weeks, but the comeback last week had to give him some more confidence.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've left a lot of points out there because we can't kick FGs. It's still hard to digest that UVA loss. We see a lot of bogging down on the opponent's side of the field, as well. MM has been a little shakier the last couple of weeks, but the comeback last week had to give him some more confidence.

yeah, the kicker has cost us points, but McGloin literally missed 4-5 wide open guys with overthrows or just completely not seeing them wide open and throwing underneath that would have given us an easy 28-35 more points in the first half of the Ohio game. I';m not sure how it translated to TV, but I was in the endzone and could see everything unfolding and he just flat out missed guys.....can't give him an A+ after that performance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the kicker has cost us points, but McGloin literally missed 4-5 wide open guys with overthrows or just completely not seeing them wide open and throwing underneath that would have given us an easy 28-35 more points in the first half of the Ohio game. I';m not sure how it translated to TV, but I was in the endzone and could see everything unfolding and he just flat out missed guys.....can't give him an A+ after that performance.

Whats worse is that Virginia has gone on to lose six straight after defeating Penn State!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie Anderson Jr. switched from MD to PSU to follow in his dad's footsteps. Also have a commit for next year's class, Mark Allen, RB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie Anderson Jr. switched from MD to PSU to follow in his dad's footsteps. Also have a commit for next year's class, Mark Allen, RB

Got it - Anderson is a 3-star RB from Fredrick, MD. Also fielded offer from Illinois, Temple, and Rutgers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think our chances are at upsetting Nebraska this weekend? And if Penn State does win, do they deserve to be in the top 25?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think our chances are at upsetting Nebraska this weekend? And if Penn State does win, do they deserve to be in the top 25?

Good and yes.

Also, looks like 4 star 2014 DB Omar Truitt (son of former NFL'er Orlanda Truitt) is ready to pull the trigger as soon as an offer is extended

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, recruiting news getting positive. Let's just say a certain 4 star WR/DB and one of top players in state of PA, who had dropped us after sanctions, got in touch with the staff this week, has a coach visiting today and watching his game tonight and has been in touch with Hack. This kid would be a great get and i a very dynamic player. Also, he's not the only kid reconsidering and contacting the staff.....former commits or players with high interest. BOB may close strong after all.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL/DL (projected as DT at PSU) 3 star Parker Cothren has switched from Purdue to Penn State after visiting last weekend. Things also looking very good with top JUCO QB Jake Waters. his team plays for the JUCO National title in a week or 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, recruiting news getting positive. Let's just say a certain 4 star WR/DB and one of top players in state of PA, who had dropped us after sanctions, got in touch with the staff this week, has a coach visiting today and watching his game tonight and has been in touch with Hack. This kid would be a great get and i a very dynamic player. Also, he's not the only kid reconsidering and contacting the staff.....former commits or players with high interest. BOB may close strong after all.

It wouldn't happen to be Tyler Boyd would it?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... why no name? jinxing purposes??

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't happen to be Tyler Boyd would it?

Yes, but he got hurt in his WPIAL final, plus the roads here were shit Saturday morning, so they are trying to set up a Dec 7 visit, which is when our entire class will be there. I think Pitt has offered half his HS team in an effort to land him. He has a good relationship with Hack and the 2 of them dominated an elite skills camp playing on the same 7 on 7 team this summer.

Apparently a couple other guys we were on before the sanctions have been in contact, I do not have their names.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL/DL (projected as DT at PSU) 3 star Parker Cothren has switched from Purdue to Penn State after visiting last weekend. Things also looking very good with top JUCO QB Jake Waters. his team plays for the JUCO National title in a week or 2.

Heard an interview with his HC on the radio yesterday. Says he's down to Penn St and K State.

Scout.com: Jake Waters Profile

Believe it or not IWCC only added football to their athletics in 2009. Pretty impressive to be playing for the National title in 4 seasons.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interview with his HC on the radio yesterday. Says he's down to Penn St and K State.

Scout.com: Jake Waters Profile

Believe it or not IWCC only added football to their athletics in 2009. Pretty impressive to be playing for the National title in 4 seasons.

Yeah, he visited a couple weeks ago and came away very impressed with the offense. I think the fact O'Brien can groom him for the NFL and a very clear shot at playing right away play into our favor. He said he doesn't care about bowl games, wants to put himself in best position to start and hone his skills for the league. Our only returning scholarship QB is a freshman who played about 15-20 total plays (if that). We have Hackenberg coming in after spring practice, but they really want to redshirt him. Would love to land Waters, if not, another JC QB from cali seems ready to pounce on the offer.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are a lock for either the #1 or #2 JUCO QB. Waters visits K-State this weekend, but O'Brien is in home MOnday. All sources seem to think he's a heavy PSU lean. If he does not commit, the #2 kid, out of Cali, is set to visit next week (he also has a visit to Houston scheduled in case Waters commits before next weekend.) Sounds like if we offer, he snaps it up in a heartbeat, but I think we end up with the #1 guy in Waters and arguably the #1 HS QB in Hackenberg (his senior film is SICK!!!). Not bad for being sanctioned. Also hearing the staff is operating under belief that the sanctions will be lessened, possibly after or during next season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Urban Meyer was able to flip recruit Conley from UM to the Buckeyes. Our secondary is going to be lethal for the upcoming years. Next year will be 13-0.