• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2013 (Updated 2/13/13 10:00pm)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, fellow Lion. And welcome to SportsHoopla. It is a little slow right now on this board, but should pick up as the season nears.

No problem. And thanks for having and welcoming me! I've been interested in Penn State recruiting since the 05' season (when Michael Robinson and company brought our football program back from the dead) I will keep you guys up to date if I hear any juicy rumors, and possible commits that may be happening.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. And thanks for having and welcoming me! I've been interested in Penn State recruiting since the 05' season (when Michael Robinson and company brought our football program back from the dead) I will keep you guys up to date if I hear any juicy rumors, and possible commits that may be happening.

Welcome to sports SportsHoopla. And nice job on this recruiting thread. I might construct a list for the South Carolina forum, maybe not so involved though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to sports SportsHoopla. And nice job on this recruiting thread. I might construct a list for the South Carolina forum, maybe not so involved though.

Thanks. This one was a bit of work to set up, but commits aren't that frequent, so the updates aren't that bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just received word from multiple of sources via twitter and his own twitter by himself, that Adam Breneman suffered a knee injury today during a game of 7 vs 7. He is going to have an MRI done on it tomorrow to see how much damage was done to the knee and see if he tore anything. I just wanted to say that I'm not looking at this as a bummer for Penn State. I feel sorry for Adam himself, especially if he has to end up missing his final year of high school football. I wouldnt want anyone to have to miss what should be the best year of their high school career. Here's hoping for the best and a speedy recovery for Adam.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just received word from multiple of sources via twitter and his own twitter by himself, that Adam Breneman suffered a knee injury today during a game of 7 vs 7. He is going to have an MRI done on it tomorrow to see how much damage was done to the knee and see if he tore anything. I just wanted to say that I'm not looking at this as a bummer for Penn State. I feel sorry for Adam himself, especially if he has to end up missing his final year of high school football. I wouldnt want anyone to have to miss what should be the best year of their high school career. Here's hoping for the best and a speedy recovery for Adam.

I've heard this as well - I really hope that's not his acl.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully its not a full ACL tear and he can play this fall. If not, he has plenty of time to heal up for his PSU career. Hoping for him he gets to enjoy hi senior season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully its not a full ACL tear and he can play this fall. If not, he has plenty of time to heal up for his PSU career. Hoping for him he gets to enjoy hi senior season.

Still isn't something you want to hear, though I'm not going to be a flamedouche like a guy on another site who is calling him 'injury-prone'. Got my fingers crossed. At any rate, we all saw the spring game, and we all know BOB coached Gronk - we're going to need TE's who can catch and run a little, too, in his system.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I miss those days. I had sideline passes for all games and got to talk to recruits pregame. I started following recruiting in the early 90's, first year I remember vividly is the class that gave us the RB trio of KiJana, Archie and Pitts. All 3 were all american HS players on one list or another. Internet has made it more of a business, players who commit early drop, players who hold out see their rankings go up to sell subscriptions. I would love to see the buzz on the net if Lavar Arrington were coming out of HS today. He is by far the best HS football player I have ever seen.

I remember seeing Mrob for first time as well. I ha da sideline pass for the 2001 Miami game and thought an LB was warming up with QB's. He was a beast from day 1.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still isn't something you want to hear, though I'm not going to be a flamedouche like a guy on another site who is calling him 'injury-prone'. Got my fingers crossed. At any rate, we all saw the spring game, and we all know BOB coached Gronk - we're going to need TE's who can catch and run a little, too, in his system.

Jessie James will play the gronk role. Breneman is pegged for the Hernandez role. James is an f-ing monster. As for Adam being injury prone, knees happen in football. Kijana blew his out in HS and did ok for PSU

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Bell is PSU's 11th commit. Mr. Bell is a 3-star LB out of Mays Landing, NJ, and stands 6'1", 224 lbs. He had > 10 offers, including ones from Northwestern and Purdue.

Bell is a very good athlete, this will open gates for LB recruiting. 4-5 top targets and 2-3 spots left. I REALLY hope Benton jumps on board next. He is an absolute monster on film.Looks like Novarro Bowmann coming out of HS. Get him and any combo of Anzalone, Deeb, Isaah, Ngakoue, Bradshaw orStevenson and I'll be ecstatic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessie James will play the gronk role. Breneman is pegged for the Hernandez role. James is an f-ing monster. As for Adam being injury prone, knees happen in football. Kijana blew his out in HS and did ok for PSU

I know James is 6'7" and came in around 240 - that's crazy height and if Fitz can fill him out, he'll be a load to bring down. Can he block?

And condolences on the Stanley finals - I was rooting for the devs after they took us (flyers) down. Kings were just insane in the playoffs.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know James is 6'7" and came in around 240 - that's crazy height and if Fitz can fill him out, he'll be a load to bring down. Can he block?

And condolences on the Stanley finals - I was rooting for the devs after they took us (flyers) down. Kings were just insane in the playoffs.

I'm sure at his size he'll be able to block. He'll be an animal under Fitz. Looked like a man among boys in BW game and he should have still been in HS. He moves very well for a guy his size.

Sucks to lose, especially when they could have easily won both games 1 & 2. Missed a wide open net late in game 1 and game 2. Honestly, I thought they'd win round one and get bounced, was a great, unexpected ride. The plus side is it should keep Parise in town. He can see they have a bright future with young talent around him and some very high end D-men due to come up soon. Money was never teh issue, he just wanted to be sure they had a chance to win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure at his size he'll be able to block. He'll be an animal under Fitz. Looked like a man among boys in BW game and he should have still been in HS. He moves very well for a guy his size.

Sucks to lose, especially when they could have easily won both games 1 & 2. Missed a wide open net late in game 1 and game 2. Honestly, I thought they'd win round one and get bounced, was a great, unexpected ride. The plus side is it should keep Parise in town. He can see they have a bright future with young talent around him and some very high end D-men due to come up soon. Money was never teh issue, he just wanted to be sure they had a chance to win.

To the bold - let's hope so. I still would like to see a healthy does of Redd in some double-TE formations. If our interior line can hold up, and our TE's can run routes, the enemy will have to be worried they'll peel off and find open space if they stack the box.

Flyers can't afford Parise anyways, so whatever as far as I'm concerned. The team you have to worry about is Detroit (where I think Suter will end up). They have 26m in cap space. You guys played a disciplined series against us that put the finger on our weaknesses - killed our smaller Dmen with the aggressive forechecking.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold - let's hope so. I still would like to see a healthy does of Redd in some double-TE formations. If our interior line can hold up, and our TE's can run routes, the enemy will have to be worried they'll peel off and find open space if they stack the box.

Flyers can't afford Parise anyways, so whatever as far as I'm concerned. The team you have to worry about is Detroit (where I think Suter will end up). They have 26m in cap space. You guys played a disciplined series against us that put the finger on our weaknesses - killed our smaller Dmen with the aggressive forechecking.

I am actually excited about the line now that we have a real OL coach and Fitz. The idea of splitting interior linemen and tackles into 2 groups with different coaches was idiotic.

Parise already gave a big F-U to the rangers and said NO WAY he'd sign there. He sounds like he's coming back, says he would lvoe to get deal done by July 1 and avoid FA. He loves DeBoer, the new style they play, teh area, the fact he's captain and the team around him. Also knows Lou will put a competative team out there. They have the cap space, that's a non issue. Marty will take a big cut to play one more and keep Zach.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually excited about the line now that we have a real OL coach and Fitz. The idea of splitting interior linemen and tackles into 2 groups with different coaches was idiotic.

Parise already gave a big F-U to the rangers and said NO WAY he'd sign there. He sounds like he's coming back, says he would lvoe to get deal done by July 1 and avoid FA. He loves DeBoer, the new style they play, teh area, the fact he's captain and the team around him. Also knows Lou will put a competative team out there. They have the cap space, that's a non issue. Marty will take a big cut to play one more and keep Zach.

I wanted the Devils to win too. I especially wanted to see Brodeur another cup, he's my favorite goalie of all time(and the best of all time as well) But I will say it was nice to see LA win too since they have never won it before.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the Devils to win too. I especially wanted to see Brodeur another cup, he's my favorite goalie of all time(and the best of all time as well) But I will say it was nice to see LA win too since they have never won it before.

If they were going to lose, LA isn't the worst case opponent to lose to. I have a lot of respect for Brown and Doughty and really like the way Kopitar plays. Quick has also been under rated for a few years. He will get the credit he is due now. If they had lost the Rags series or gotten beaten by someone I could have some venom for, it would have been worse for me.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3