• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Suhspension

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So matthews can tell people hes going to hurt players and doesnt get as much of a fine because he doesnt have a history? Bunch of horse shit, can you imagine the shit storm if suh told people he was going out this sunday to hurt palmer? Dont get me wrong im all for anybody knocking the fuck out of someone on the football field but our sport is turning into ballet with all of these pussy penalties.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree. I see him as at least 3-4 yards angling away from Sullivan in a full sprint. He isnt catching Levy.

3-4 yards away isn't far enough from the play to let the guy go, imo...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In game speed i don't think Suh can evaluate what Viking he is bloxking to determine if he can catch a slower LB or not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree. I see him as at least 3-4 yards angling away from Sullivan in a full sprint. He isnt catching Levy.

There's a reason you get taught to keep chasing the ball no matter how far behind it you are. If someone slowed levy down a bit he could fairly easily make a play.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason you get taught to keep chasing the ball no matter how far behind it you are. If someone slowed levy down a bit he could fairly easily make a play.

Exactly.

From the TV angle you can see that Sullivan is about 4-5 yards behind Levy with Suh closing in from his side. Suh has traffic to his left, in front of Levy, so his instincts are to make that block.

As it turns out Sullivan, an o-lineman, wouldn't have caught Levy, and the traffic was all Lions players our in front. But Suh had to make that assessment in less than a second while everyone was running at full speed. If that traffic out front had included a Vikings player who had slowed Levy up and then Sullivan was able to tackle him from behind Suh would have been blamed for not making the block.

So, yes, in hind sight he should have just let it go, but it's not like he just blacked-out and went after an opposing player's knees as Mr. Jeff "I've thrown a thousand cut blocks in my career" Saturday would have you believe...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that play happens 1000 times 0 of them should be penalties. This was a terrible rule change, and even with the rule in place I would fire the official who thinks that is a cut block.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven forbid the offensive player keeps his head on a swivel and actually pays attention, like all players are coached to do.

If you're chasing down a play you can't expect the opposing guy to play nice and give you a little patty-cake block square in the numbers. The fact that Suh's first contact came at the waist, and not at his knees, as the talking heads want everyone to think, has been totally overlooked...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Next game!" Matthews yelled and then smiled. "I'm an awesome player, not a dirty player."

I now respect Matthews more, that is a great statement

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fined Lavonte David for his late hit and still nothing on Matthews. Matthews has two fines in his career and this was absolutely blatent and so far out of bounds its laughable. This is truly an insult to the entire league and and absolutely an outrage. The unbellievable lack of consistency in the discipline this bullshit league hands out is a fucking joke. Does anyone know how to actually contact the league?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, we need to start some kind of NFL fan association.

It's bullshit that they make billions a year from us, yet we get zero input. Kind of like our government these days...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're chasing down a play you can't expect the opposing guy to play nice and give you a little patty-cake block square in the numbers. The fact that Suh's first contact came at the waist, and not at his knees, as the talking heads want everyone to think, has been totally overlooked...

New rule: Once it appears as if a player will score, the play will be blown dead and 6 points will be awarded to his team for a TD. Forget finishing the play. Forget the fact that he could fumble, fall etc...like everyone says, there was no reason for Suh to throw that block. Levy was gone, right? So for now on just award the 6 points once a guy separates himself from the closest defender by 5-10 yards and call it a day. See, I can be an NFL commissioner too.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Mathews Gets 15K...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Mathews Gets 15K...

Sounds like Rogers helped him get a discount double check. Had Suh done that the media would be calling for a life-time ban.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they would likely get it

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh definitely was targeted ...it would not have been a big deal had it not been for his history. I thought the fine was fair...he's done enough stomping and ball kicking to make the low block fine worthy. I thought he should not have been suspended because the block wouldnt have been a fine for most players. I'm am happy with it....what im PISSED about is how in the fuck is Victor Cruz's catch a TD but Calvin's isnt?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary would have simply made the INT and blocked Sullivan all by himself (above the waist) had Schwartz seen what I seen last year and during pre-season, but to no avail, Roary was on the sidelines without the possibility of even one penalty against him......

Dang it Jimmy! Get Roary in the game!!!!!

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary clearly went below the knee of Jamaal Charles