• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Suhspension

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Roto:

Ndamukong Suh has been fined $100,000 for his low block of Vikings C John Sullivan in Sunday’s win.

Suh’s lucky he avoided the second suspension of his career...

I hope this is finally it for him. I didn't think his block was so bad but the league clearly has him on a short leash. I heard he stood up in a meeting today and apologized to Levy, to the team etc...that's a good sign. I think he got hit 100k for his rep here but it is what it is.

Beat the Cards. Just do it cleanly.

GO LIONS!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is straight up NFL horseshit. That is an outrageous fine and completely unwarrented only one game into the season. That pretty much guarantees you that if he so much as gets a roughing the passer penalty this season he'll be suspended. Absolute horseshit. A play that wasn't even a penalty last year gets a $100k fine in week one? Fuck you Roger and Ray Anderson you're both a couple of worthless shit bags. I hope both your wives give you herpes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A play that wasn't even a penalty last year gets a $100k fine in week one?

Makes you wonder how much the NFL has decided to retroactively fine itself for allowing such a dirty play to be legal for so many years? Or not.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder how much the NFL has decided to retroactively fine itself for
allowing such a dirty play to be legal for so many years? Or not.

Yep. Total facking hypocrites who promoted the hard hits, and now punishes players for same.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over-the-top pissed after watching NFL live just now and all they talked about is what a dirty player Suh is.

What about Clay Matthews launching at Kaepernik's head when he was at least 5 feet out of bounds? What about the guard from San Fran going low on Kevin William's knee about 25 yards away from the play and knocking him out for week one?

Are they dirty players too? Watch the replay- Suh dove in front of the guy (not "at the back of his knee" as Michael David Smith keeps repeatedly reporting), made initial contact at his belt, and then slid down in front of him.

Now all these talking heads are talking about o-linemen starting to target Suh and end his career? What fucking bullshit!

I lost a lot of respect for Jeff Saturday after watching that one. He's a guy I had liked till just now, but when he says that Suh is "absolutely a dirty player who "clearly" tries to intentionally end other player's careers" I can't support a guy like that any longer. You have to wonder how many of these guys even bothered to watch the play in question before making up their minds?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking record fine for a low block... re-god-damned-dickulous!

The money is no worry for Suh- if I were him I'd send them a check for double that amount just to be a dick.

What bothers me is, like Meow said, now he's one roughing the passer away from a suspension. Total horseshit!

It also bothers me that on NFL live when they were reviewing Suh's "dirty" plays they included the "punch" (their words) to the back of Cutler's head that he was fined for. Even though every replay angle in the world shows that he gave him a forearm to the back, which is 100% legal.

What it boils down to is that Suh plays a tough-nosed, old school brand of football that Adolf Goodel is trying his best to erase from the NFL.

I soooo wish there was still a competitive league to force the NFL to check itself on their stupid rules and agenda. It's a billion $$ plus industry though, so they pretty much do what they want.

I still feel that we need to start an NFL fan's association to get a say in things, since it's our billions of dollars that makes the league tick. We could start by taking back kickoffs...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to hire Bill Lambeer, Dennis Rodman, Meta World-Peace(aka Ron Artest) and Bill Romanowski as defensive assistants and show the league just how dirty a team can be! lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of dirty- I had this thought while at the game Sunday:

Since the kickoffs are going out of the endzone anyhow, and a 15 yarder is irrelevant in the situation, what's to stop a team from putting a scrub out on the field when the other team is kicking a FG or PAT and having him just fucking rock the kicker? He'd get tossed and likely suspended, but if you take a team's kicker out in the 1st quarter they're pretty much fucked.

I'm not condoning that, or hoping that we ever would because I'd be disgusted with my team at that point, but I'm just saying that I'm surprised that win-at-all-costs types like Belichick haven't tried that yet...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but it was deserved. He has had a history of this type of shit. I saw the block and it made me cringe. He could've put an end to the Sullivans career. He's going to play his way right out of the league if he doesn't get it together.

Ever heard of Chuck Cecil? When the league started cracking down on the bone crushing hits...yeah, he couldn't stop so eventually he couldn't find another job.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine is over the type, unfortunatly for Suh is is veiwed as a repeat offender. The league has put him on the James Harrison list. What is a real shame is a few of his plays are clean plays that the league made the wrong choice on. The Cutler hit was clean, I am not 100% that the Schaub kick was intential either.

He needs 2 clean years of football and then he will be treated like the rest of the league again.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the NFL if this kind of play is even a flag, let alone a fine.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other options were at their disposal? Do you really think that was a clean hit?
May other options. It wasn't a dirty hit. He never intentionally went after his knees. He went for his hip/lower stomach area. And it definitely wasn't from behind.

Was it a penalty? Absolutely according to the rules this year, b/c last year it was legal. But it was far froma dirty play. Bone-headed...yes. Dirty....no. Dirty is what Deangelo Hall did to DJax last night. Or what Clay did to Kaep.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it should have been flagged, and a fine is warranted, but not the biggest fine ever, as is the case. A suspension would have been totally uncalled for.

Quick question for the San-Fran hater: how many personal fouls did Suh draw last year? Since he's sooo dirty, it must have been a ton, right?

This is simply a case of his reputation preceding him, and a soft-ass commissioner deciding that Suh is going to be his poster boy for cracking down on violent plays. Goodel is a bitch who only operates in the language of $$. Big scores and offensive players put asses in seats; casual fans (i.e. 75% of the NFL's fanbase) doesn't get into good defense, so the league's directive is to make the game high-scoring and injury free.

20 years ago Suh would have been a celebrated player...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all this talk about Suh "ending someone's career" is just plain stupid.

This is 2013, not 1995. Name the last player to have his career ended by an acute knee/leg injury. Right off the top of your head I'm betting you can't name one in the last ten years. It just doesn't happen any more.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has me irate. I don't even believe a fine is warranted. I have friends that are Vikings fans that Scoff at the idea that their was any intent to injure. I heard one talking head say he thought it deserved 4 games, tha fuck? That Schaubb "kick to the junk" should have been rewarded if you really believe he could pull off some ninja shit like that. Was the play a penalty? Yes. Was this dirty? Not even close...