• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd take this to a thread of it's own rather than seeing it continue in the "Defense" thread.

The 'Hit". No question that the hit on the Bills' White was unnecessary and cheap. Gronk apologized and said that there's no place for it and he was sorry and it wasn't just the frustration of White holding him and punching him. It's the frustration of every defender in the game holding him, pushing him and grabbing his shirt and being called for offensive pass interference for pushing a denfender's hand from his shirt.

In an interview after the game Gronk outright said that he's become extremely frustrated with officiating over the past game, season and last 7 years of games. He said that he has to push guys off on nearly every play because his arms are grabbed, and on every play, the defender is grabbing his shirt and just holding on for dear life. Then he dropped the bomb,......It's now acceptable defense for anyone to grab and hold him, wrap their arms around him as long as they don't spin him, and grab his arm trying to catch a pass.

The Bills want him suspended for the remainder of the season and I'm sure that as soon as the film clip gets shown 4000 times this week, the 31 other teams in the league will want the same thing.

Should he be suspended? Absolutely not. The hit was cheap and wrong, but Suh, Burfict and others have done much, much worse and only been fined less than $25,000. If I was Gronk and they suspended me, I'd sue the NFL for $1T and request that the judge sanction the league schedule until the case was heard and decided. No NFL games until the case is tried and decided by a jury. The way the U.S. Court system works, that kill NFL games until what? 2020....2021??

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's never any rhyme or reason in how punishments are given out. Just because others got away with more doesn't mean Gronk's punishment will be less. Roger manages discipline issues by which way the wind of public opinion is blowing so Gronk will surely be getting suspended based on all the outcry this one is generating.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd take this to a thread of it's own rather than seeing it continue in the "Defense" thread.

The 'Hit". No question that the hit on the Bills' White was unnecessary and cheap. Gronk apologized and said that there's no place for it and he was sorry and it wasn't just the frustration of White holding him and punching him. It's the frustration of every defender in the game holding him, pushing him and grabbing his shirt and being called for offensive pass interference for pushing a denfender's hand from his shirt.

In an interview after the game Gronk outright said that he's become extremely frustrated with officiating over the past game, season and last 7 years of games. He said that he has to push guys off on nearly every play because his arms are grabbed, and on every play, the defender is grabbing his shirt and just holding on for dear life. Then he dropped the bomb,......It's now acceptable defense for anyone to grab and hold him, wrap their arms around him as long as they don't spin him, and grab his arm trying to catch a pass.

The Bills want him suspended for the remainder of the season and I'm sure that as soon as the film clip gets shown 4000 times this week, the 31 other teams in the league will want the same thing.

Should he be suspended? Absolutely not. The hit was cheap and wrong, but Suh, Burfict and others have done much, much worse and only been fined less than $25,000. If I was Gronk and they suspended me, I'd sue the NFL for $1T and request that the judge sanction the league schedule until the case was heard and decided. No NFL games until the case is tried and decided by a jury. The way the U.S. Court system works, that kill NFL games until what? 2020....2021??
I stated this in the last thread... Did Gronk actually injure White? It look to me that he was woozy already. It really looked like Gronk was playing WWE with the hit....

There's still no place for that but some reaction to being grabbed and turned without a penalty is understandable. Totally tolerable, no, but understandable.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 1 game is right.

It was a dirty hit, plain and simple.
All the other dirty hits that happen are irrelevant.
Maybe this will draw attention and he will get some relief on the OPI calls, but no matter how dirty other teams are, doesn't make it right for anyone else to play dirty.

That said, I can understand his frustration and maybe white will be a bit gunshy about playing him so tight next time.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised and the league did the right thing. That shit doesn't belong in the league.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he skips the head shot and the dude is not concussed...then no suspension. He well deserves what he got. IF anything, this may bring light to how he is literally man handled every route..I'd appeal just to speak my case about it. I'm curious if the Patriots have brought light about this to the NFL. Maybe send some game tapes.

Either way, he fucked up. Now we can guarantee he wont get hurt by the CheepShot Dolphins. I was thinking maybe Gronk can take notes on how to be a dirty player and not get caught. Nancy Sue and Miko Alonso could show him a thing or too....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, the officials who missed three blatant penalties by White on that one play and had so little control of the game they had to subsequently throw four - FOUR! - unsportsmanlike conduct flags after the play, all allowed to work this weekend.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been waiting for someone to mention the Pittsburgh cheap shot on Burfict last night. Wicked helmet to chin shot and Burfict had to be carted off the field. That's Burfict and he deserves it. No flag, no penalty.

Most obvious fixed game in years. Bengals up at the half 17-3. They come out for the second half and the officiating becomes atrocious. Every time Cincinnati made a good play, there was a holding call, illegal motion, or some other BS call. The officials literally stopped everything positive that the Bengals did. The worst call of all was a holding call on Giovanni Bernard on a 3rd and 4. Dalton fired a laser that AJ Green caught for 17 yards and then the flag came flying in. They replayed it twice and the league must have told ABC to stop. It never got shown again and Collinsworth was asking where the hell is he holding? hands were wide open on the chest of the defender and he was pushing him straight back.

The NFL is becoming the WWE. The last thing that the NFL wanted was for Pittsburgh to lose a game before they play the Patriots in two weeks. The game is the biggest NFL football event this year and a loss to the Bengals would have diminished the luster. That and the Patriots would have the #1 seed going into Pittsburgh.

Watched the Gronkowski hit at least 40 times from 16 angles. Not once did any network show the bullshit Offensive PI or the defender holding and stretching his shirt and pushing Gronk before the INT. Not one commentator asked how the side judge could have missed the crap that White was being allowed.........Let's suspend Gronk. Pats will be down 4 receivers and maybe we can let the Dolphins take a few shots at Brady's knees Sunday and give the Patriots a well deserved 3rd loss.

Was it a cheap shot?? Yes, no question. It was a horrible decision by Gronk. Basically is was a payback shot for being rewarded for illegal play. Gronk got his revenge. What he really needs is a cut-throat good lawyer and to file a Discrimination Suit against the NFL. He's being discriminated against for being the best at his position and being indefensible. Don't get me started on the Brady cheap shots that aren't being called.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should have been much more than 1 game. It was a malicious assault.

It's not like it was part of the play like when a defender hits the helmet while breaking a play up. This was well after the play was over. Gronk is a piece of shit.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been waiting for someone to mention the Pittsburgh cheap shot on Burfict last night. Wicked helmet to chin shot and Burfict had to be carted off the field. That's Burfict and he deserves it. No flag, no penalty.

Most obvious fixed game in years. Bengals up at the half 17-3. They come out for the second half and the officiating becomes atrocious. Every time Cincinnati made a good play, there was a holding call, illegal motion, or some other BS call. The officials literally stopped everything positive that the Bengals did. The worst call of all was a holding call on Giovanni Bernard on a 3rd and 4. Dalton fired a laser that AJ Green caught for 17 yards and then the flag came flying in. They replayed it twice and the league must have told ABC to stop. It never got shown again and Collinsworth was asking where the hell is he holding? hands were wide open on the chest of the defender and he was pushing him straight back.

The NFL is becoming the WWE. The last thing that the NFL wanted was for Pittsburgh to lose a game before they play the Patriots in two weeks. The game is the biggest NFL football event this year and a loss to the Bengals would have diminished the luster. That and the Patriots would have the #1 seed going into Pittsburgh.

Watched the Gronkowski hit at least 40 times from 16 angles. Not once did any network show the bullshit Offensive PI or the defender holding and stretching his shirt and pushing Gronk before the INT. Not one commentator asked how the side judge could have missed the crap that White was being allowed.........Let's suspend Gronk. Pats will be down 4 receivers and maybe we can let the Dolphins take a few shots at Brady's knees Sunday and give the Patriots a well deserved 3rd loss.

Was it a cheap shot?? Yes, no question. It was a horrible decision by Gronk. Basically is was a payback shot for being rewarded for illegal play. Gronk got his revenge. What he really needs is a cut-throat good lawyer and to file a Discrimination Suit against the NFL. He's being discriminated against for being the best at his position and being indefensible. Don't get me started on the Brady cheap shots that aren't being called.
Are you ever going to quit crying?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to say that hit does not warrant a suspension boggles the mind. It was a cheap, dirty play the man was down on his stomach facing away from Gronk and Gronk laid into him. Gronk got one game, Gronk deserved one game and Gronk appealing the one game is stupid. He maid his bed he should have to lay in, do the one game against Miami, STFU about it when the press asks and move on. He should be "On to Pittsburgh."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he skips the head shot and the dude is not concussed...then no suspension. He well deserves what he got. IF anything, this may bring light to how he is literally man handled every route..I'd appeal just to speak my case about it. I'm curious if the Patriots have brought light about this to the NFL. Maybe send some game tapes.

Either way, he fucked up. Now we can guarantee he wont get hurt by the CheepShot Dolphins. I was thinking maybe Gronk can take notes on how to be a dirty player and not get caught. Nancy Sue and Miko Alonso could show him a thing or too....
I tell you, White looked woozy before Gronk hit him. I'm not justifying the hit, just want the punishment to fit the crime. And by punishment I'm including the vilification he's getting.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the complete lack of coherence in how punishments are given out, every player is insane if they don't appeal every single punishment handed down, no matter how egregious the infraction.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you, White looked woozy before Gronk hit him. I'm not justifying the hit, just want the punishment to fit the crime. And by punishment I'm including the vilification he's getting.
So you are saying Gronk tried to injure an already injured man. that's is better.:crazy:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got one game how does the punishment not fit the crime? He got off easy IMO.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted after the game that it was the wrong thing to do and he lost his cool.
I understand that it is SOP to appeal, but...
Be the bigger man and admit the mistake again, accept the punishment and get over it as fast as you can.

And be grateful it was only 1 game.
As a Patriot, Gronk could have been penalized for past team transgressions in 2007 and 2014...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to say that hit does not warrant a suspension boggles the mind. It was a cheap, dirty play the man was down on his stomach facing away from Gronk and Gronk laid into him. Gronk got one game, Gronk deserved one game and Gronk appealing the one game is stupid. He maid his bed he should have to lay in, do the one game against Miami, STFU about it when the press asks and move on. He should be "On to Pittsburgh."

Some wear their homer hat too tight. That affects blood flow to the brain. Happens to every fan base.