• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Gronk tried to injure an already injured man. that's is better.:crazy:
Who said he was "trying to injure" anyone. and Who said Gronk knew he was injured.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to say that hit does not warrant a suspension boggles the mind. It was a cheap, dirty play the man was down on his stomach facing away from Gronk and Gronk laid into him. Gronk got one game, Gronk deserved one game and Gronk appealing the one game is stupid. He maid his bed he should have to lay in, do the one game against Miami, STFU about it when the press asks and move on. He should be "On to Pittsburgh."
For the record.... I completely agree with all of this except the "on to Pittsburg". I think he should continue to be contrite.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should have been much more than 1 game. It was a malicious assault.

It's not like it was part of the play like when a defender hits the helmet while breaking a play up. This was well after the play was over. Gronk is a piece of shit.

Just gotta ask. Were you this outraged when Mike Evans hauled ass across the field and hit Lattimore from behind? Cause that was premeditated and an assault...Is Evans a POS in your mind too??

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you, White looked woozy before Gronk hit him. I'm not justifying the hit, just want the punishment to fit the crime. And by punishment I'm including the vilification he's getting.

Even if he was, the elbow to the head didn't help...Guy fucked up, lost his cool and paid the price. He lost money, he hurt his team, put a bounty on his head, and ruined his reputation. This is all made doubly worse cause he plays for the Patriots.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I must have been b
Just gotta ask. Were you this outraged when Mike Evans hauled ass across the field and hit Lattimore from behind? Cause that was premeditated and an assault...Is Evans a POS in your mind too??
usy and missed the highlights of that week, because I didn't remember this hit. After looking it up, yes, I would say he deserved more than 1 game for that. I think when there are hit like this and Gronks, which are not part of the play of the field anymore, the NFL should be hard on the player. I wonder what MLB would do if after a hitter strikes out, the pitcher takes a baseball and throws it at the batters head as he's walking to the dugout?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens only got a fine for this:

piazza-clemens.c.jpg

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens only got a fine for this:

piazza-clemens.c.jpg
That was 17 years ago. He probably should have gotten more, but he didn't really throw it at the player with the intention of hitting and hurting him. The piece of bat bounced a few feet from the player and didn't hit him. It was a dumb decision though.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I must have been busy and missed the highlights of that week, because I didn't remember this hit. After looking it up, yes, I would say he deserved more than 1 game for that. I think when there are hit like this and Gronks, which are not part of the play of the field anymore, the NFL should be hard on the player. I wonder what MLB would do if after a hitter strikes out, the pitcher takes a baseball and throws it at the batters head as he's walking to the dugout?

What you are looking for is the NHL. You are out for however long the player you hurt. I have always liked that idea.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I must have been b

usy and missed the highlights of that week, because I didn't remember this hit. After looking it up, yes, I would say he deserved more than 1 game for that. I think when there are hit like this and Gronks, which are not part of the play of the field anymore, the NFL should be hard on the player. I wonder what MLB would do if after a hitter strikes out, the pitcher takes a baseball and throws it at the batters head as he's walking to the dugout?

I honestly think this is why Gronk only got 1 game...Evans suspension set the bar for this type of shit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Buff comes to town, how do the Pats handle Gronk?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just let him play football.
I suspect they will go run heavy early out him in blocking schemes so he is on the field then when tempers cool target him on sideline throws.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one question that has not been asked enough.... How was holding and pi not called on that play? The only reason White was able to get to the ball was he was pulled on Gronk. It was like he was using Gronk to tow him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one question that has not been asked enough.... How was holding and pi not called on that play? The only reason White was able to get to the ball was he was pulled on Gronk. It was like he was using Gronk to tow him.

Gronk had the right to be frustrated. He did not have the right to do what he did......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk had the right to be frustrated. He did not have the right to do what he did......
Absolutely correct. But that doesn't mean the refs aren't part of what escalated into this event. Gronk had no right to do what he did, yet we all seem to understand how it escalated. The refs are complicit.

Gronk has an advantage over other players based on his combination of size, speed, strength and agility. The refs treat him like his advantage is unfair and make calls that favor his opposition by forcing him into tighter contact guidlines and allowing the opposition with more leeway to hold.

Gronk's fair advatages are being neutralized by officiating and the opposition is benefiting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely correct. But that doesn't mean the refs aren't part of what escalated into this event. Gronk had no right to do what he did, yet we all seem to understand how it escalated. The refs are complicit.

Gronk has an advantage over other players based on his combination of size, speed, strength and agility. The refs treat him like his advantage is unfair and make calls that favor his opposition by forcing him into tighter contact guidlines and allowing the opposition with more leeway to hold.

Gronk's fair advatages are being neutralized by officiating and the opposition is benefiting.

All signs are that Gronk is a good person and a good teammate. If I was mentoring him, I'd tell him what I taught my children:

If you work hard all week but you steal on Saturday, you are a thief.
If you are celibate most of the time but you go pickup strangers on Friday, you will be known as a whore
It goes on.

Davarious White said: "It is what it is. He did what he wanted to do. ... He is what he did. Dirty shot, so what does that make him? Dirty player. Simple."

How can we argue with that? Using the logic I taught my kids, I can only hope that he, like my now grown children, has learned his lesson.

It takes years to build a good reputation but one slip can destroy it in seconds......