• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davarious White said: "It is what it is. He did what he wanted to do. ... He is what he did. Dirty shot, so what does that make him? Dirty player. Simple."

Look in the mirror White and repeat.......

You are what you are. Held him twice, pushed him on his back. What does that make you? A shitty defensive back. Simple.

Both players committed fouls against the rules of the NFL. Why were three out of four not called?

If I was Gronk's agent, I would hire a top notch attorney and file a $100B lawsuit against the NFL Officials Union and the NFL Officials for discrimination and bias. All he has to do is make copies of every time Gronk has been held and the offense not called. Then show about ten clips of the penalties called against defensive players covering Julio Jones. I've seen flags thrown for just brushing the guy. NFL can't do anything about it and my guess is that someone in stripes will blow the whistle and tell all.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look in the mirror White and repeat.......

You are what you are. Held him twice, pushed him on his back. What does that make you? A shitty defensive back. Simple.

Both players committed fouls against the rules of the NFL. Why were three out of four not called?

If I was Gronk's agent, I would hire a top notch attorney and file a $100B lawsuit against the NFL Officials Union and the NFL Officials for discrimination and bias. All he has to do is make copies of every time Gronk has been held and the offense not called. Then show about ten clips of the penalties called against defensive players covering Julio Jones. I've seen flags thrown for just brushing the guy. NFL can't do anything about it and my guess is that someone in stripes will blow the whistle and tell all.

:shortbus:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...so this has been bugging Gronk for 7 yrs...so the Refs throw the flag and nothing happens. If it didn't happen this time, it would have happened at some point.

Thing is, Gronk gets held every play and still dominates the other guys. Why can't he just laugh it off and be like "you can't cover me cheating"....He needs to learn that he will not get the benefit of any calls...

Maybe if Brady threw it to someone else, this wouldn't have happened...LOL

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKay to hell with the thought the Refs escalated the event, or the jibberish that because he was held that somehow makes it a little less egregious. What Gronk did was a childish, immature, action and those he is prone too. It was an ugly incident that the league handled correctly.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that's plain and simple is that what Gronk did was fucking ridiculous.

You may correctly mitigate it to any degree you care to and in the end it was simply a ridiculous thing for him to do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once have I condoned Gronks's action. I agree with the penalty he got.

The problem is that the LEAGUE has rules. Either the officials have to enforce those rules by calling penalties or the league has to get rid of on field officiating.

Guy drives his car though a stop sign without stopping. No problem, everyone slides through stop signs, don't stop completely before taking a right on red. Tomorrow the guy does it and hits a pedestrian crossing the street and kills her. Now everyone's up in arms because he didn't come to a complete stop at that stop sign but now they want his ass in a jar. Same with the NFL, how bad does an infraction have to be before it it gets called? If they were all called, no one would commit them.

Selective law enforcement doesn't work.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is not a dirty player but he lost his cool on that play.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once have I condoned Gronks's action. I agree with the penalty he got.

The problem is that the LEAGUE has rules. Either the officials have to enforce those rules by calling penalties or the league has to get rid of on field officiating.

Guy drives his car though a stop sign without stopping. No problem, everyone slides through stop signs, don't stop completely before taking a right on red. Tomorrow the guy does it and hits a pedestrian crossing the street and kills her. Now everyone's up in arms because he didn't come to a complete stop at that stop sign but now they want his ass in a jar. Same with the NFL, how bad does an infraction have to be before it it gets called? If they were all called, no one would commit them.

If they were all called, no one would commit them.

Interesting point. Although in this case, I don't think Gronk was expecting to get away with that one.

I'm more embarrassed for the guy than anything else.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKay to hell with the thought the Refs escalated the event, or the jibberish that because he was held that somehow makes it a little less egregious. What Gronk did was a childish, immature, action and those he is prone too. It was an ugly incident that the league handled correctly.
Two different topics...

Gronk should never retaliate, especially using tactics that could cause serious injury.

Refs should call games consistently and fairly within a standard degree of accuracy (they are human) for all teams and all players.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different topics...

Gronk should never retaliate, especially using tactics that could cause serious injury.

Refs should call games consistently and fairly within a standard degree of accuracy (they are human) for all teams and all players.
Two different subjects that were mentioned in a meager attempt to lessen the vicious cowardly attack by Gronk, or is it just mere coincidence they ended up in the same thread?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different subjects that were mentioned in a meager attempt to lessen the vicious cowardly attack by Gronk, or is it just mere coincidence they ended up in the same thread?

Vicious.................yes. Lost his temper and nailed White.

Cowardly...........No.
1. Cowardly, timid, timorous refer to a lack of courage or self-confidence. Cowardly means weakly or basely fearful in the presence of danger: The cowardly wretch deserted his comrades in battle.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vicious.................yes. Lost his temper and nailed White.

Cowardly...........No.
1. Cowardly, timid, timorous refer to a lack of courage or self-confidence. Cowardly means weakly or basely fearful in the presence of danger: The cowardly wretch deserted his comrades in battle.
Cowardly absolutely, when you attack another man from behind when he is down that is the act of a coward or at the very least a singular cowardly act.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you can interpret the intent of my post?

How many fucking times does someone need to write his actions were not justified.

His actions do bring to light another issue. His unjustifiable actions bring light on that play that an interception happened because a player used illegal tactics and the refs did not call them. And on this play a simple "they missed it" isn't good enough since the tactics where repeated numerous times across the field both before and during the pass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you can interpret the intent of my post?

How many fucking times does someone need to write his actions were not justified.

His actions do bring to light another issue. His unjustifiable actions bring light on that play that an interception happened because a player used illegal tactics and the refs did not call them. And on this play a simple "they missed it" isn't good enough since the tactics where repeated numerous times across the field both before and during the pass.
Once without any other commentary, period.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowardly absolutely, when you attack another man from behind when he is down that is the act of a coward or at the very least a singular cowardly act.
It's cowardly only if you think he's afraid to attack him to his face. Gronk has proved he's not afraid to confront someone to their face.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cowardly only if you think he's afraid to attack him to his face. Gronk has proved he's not afraid to confront someone to their face.
Wrong that was the epitome of a cowardly act, if one man attacks another from behind when he is down that is a cowardly act, matters not what he may do ten minutes later.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to you deciding how everyone needs to communicate?
No not at all there is no need to try and justify the act with gibberish the incidents are two different occurrences. But it's obvious now where you stand on this matter so I can't see any reason to go any further with this.