• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac/Zap A Problem or No??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of cap but will there be any tackles?
We have a shit ton of cap space and are 32nd in cash spending.

What people fail to understand is that teams like KC don't just spend today's cap money, they spend next years, the year after and the year after.

You give out a contract that is 5 years/ $90M. It's never $18M per year. You give a big upfront bonus and push the big bucks to the final three years. That way you can trade off the big contract or rewrite it to ease the future burden by giving more cash for the rewrite and spread the bonus over the length of the contract.

Apparently, BB doesn't like to do that. Why? Could it be that he gets to keep any unused cap dollars at the end of the season? BB made over $30M last year. He doesn't do commercials or any public speaking. He's the highest paid coach in professional sports world-wide. I don't have any first hand knowledge of anything about his contract or his finances, I'm asking a question that was asked on television.

As far as cap space goes, BB has about $23M in the piggy bank. Estimates are that he will have as much as $168M come next March. I"m hoping and praying that he doesn't spend it like he did in 2020 when he literally pissed away $120M bucks on Agholor, Jonnu and a few other beauties.

I don't expect 100% agreement but the cap is not the problem. It's cash management and utilizing the cap creatively.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What people fail to understand is that teams like KC don't just spend today's cap money, they spend next years, the year after and the year after.

You give out a contract that is 5 years/ $90M. It's never $18M per year. You give a big upfront bonus and push the big bucks to the final three years. That way you can trade off the big contract or rewrite it to ease the future burden by giving more cash for the rewrite and spread the bonus over the length of the contract.

Apparently, BB doesn't like to do that. Why? Could it be that he gets to keep any unused cap dollars at the end of the season? BB made over $30M last year. He doesn't do commercials or any public speaking. He's the highest paid coach in professional sports world-wide. I don't have any first hand knowledge of anything about his contract or his finances, I'm asking a question that was asked on television.

As far as cap space goes, BB has about $23M in the piggy bank. Estimates are that he will have as much as $168M come next March. I"m hoping and praying that he doesn't spend it like he did in 2020 when he literally pissed away $120M bucks on Agholor, Jonnu and a few other beauties.

I don't expect 100% agreement but the cap is not the problem. It's cash management and utilizing the cap creatively.
23 Mill in the "Piggy Bank" is not a lot by NFL standards. Come March he will long down the players he really wants to keep then address teams needs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 Mill in the "Piggy Bank" is not a lot by NFL standards.
It is right now. $10M Bonus and a two or three year contract. Spread the Bonus and your down $3 or $4M. There are very few teams with that much money in their piggy banks today. That's cash on hand to be spent to snag a missing piece of the puzzle. Or to trade and swallow a contract.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is right now. $10M Bonus and a two or three year contract. Spread the Bonus and your down $3 or $4M. There are very few teams with that much money in their piggy banks today. That's cash on hand to be spent to snag a missing piece of the puzzle. Or to trade and swallow a contract.
And our missing piece is LT or RT where do you propose to get that, for that kind of money, and still have some to sit on for emergencies

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is outrageously ridiculously stupid. I know it's not your comment and you're repeating what you heard but are there people out there that think Kraft is a fucking idiot or something?

For all the stupid shit I've read about BB, this is single handedly the stupidest of all.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our missing piece is LT or RT where do you propose to get that, for that kind of money, and still have some to sit on for emergencies
We have 11 offensive linemen that will be fighting for five spots. Two are spoken for as of today. LT and C.
That leaves 9 guys fighting for 3 spots. My guess is that teams that need solid backups might be willing to trade a piece, maybe a TE or a RB for a good, not great OL.

If Anderson or the ex-Vike can fill the RT spot, expect to see Mafi and Sow get slid over to the PS later today.

A bunch of stuff we don't even have the slightest inkling about will probably happen between now and dinner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is outrageously ridiculously stupid. I know it's not your comment and you're repeating what you heard but are there people out there that think Kraft is a fucking idiot or something?

For all the stupid shit I've read about BB, this is single handedly the stupidest of all.
I did not see any link posted.
What makes you think somebody else said this?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 11 offensive linemen that will be fighting for five spots. Two are spoken for as of today. LT and C.
That leaves 9 guys fighting for 3 spots. My guess is that teams that need solid backups might be willing to trade a piece, maybe a TE or a RB for a good, not great OL.

If Anderson or the ex-Vike can fill the RT spot, expect to see Mafi and Sow get slid over to the PS later today.

A bunch of stuff we don't even have the slightest inkling about will probably happen between now and dinner.
I'm calling bullshit on that prediction. Let me know when this happens!
Calm the fuck down Ken! You are going to blow a gasket!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm the fuck down Ken! You are going to blow a gasket!
I don't get excited. Nothing to get excited about. Certainly not with this team.

Have a drink of water and we can discuss this like two grown adults.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see any link posted.
What makes you think somebody else said this?

From BK's post:

"I don't have any first hand knowledge of anything about his contract or his finances, I'm asking a question that was asked on television."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, BB doesn't like to do that. Why?
Well I'm old enough to remember when Bill spent his cap space so far into the future that he went 2019, 2020, and 2021 with no money to pay anyone except Cam Newton to play QB, and N'Keal Harry to play WR.

But now that he's had a year with a decent bank account you want to know why he hasn't maxed all his credit cards again???

Bill is a master of the salary cap. Better than anyone. Spend on Quality where it counts and spend on value where it counts.
Don't ever spend on flash.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm old enough to remember when Bill spent his cap space so far into the future that he went 2019, 2020, and 2021 with no money to pay anyone except Cam Newton to play QB, and N'Keal Harry to play WR.

But now that he's had a year with a decent bank account you want to know why he hasn't maxed all his credit cards again???

Bill is a master of the salary cap. Better than anyone. Spend on Quality where it counts and spend on value where it counts.
Don't ever spend on flash.
And sometime that is a depth player

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the trade deadline. One year rental. A team that is eliminated from the playoffs, dumps a good T they know won't sign with them next year. Happens every season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the trade deadline. One year rental. A team that is eliminated from the playoffs, dumps a good T they know won't sign with them next year. Happens every season.
So only teams eliminated at this time of season are Texans, Cardinals, and Indianapolis. Make an offer!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only teams eliminated at this time of season are Texans, Cardinals, and Indianapolis. Make an offer!
October 31st is the deadline. But these 4 teams still likely good candidates.