• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick and Coaching Records

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from July. Bill's already lost 3 so he's 10 away.

Makes one wonder......................If Bill had spent $75M to keep TB12 for three more years, would he have gone by Shula?

1 Year with Cam and 2 With Mac.

No one knows with 100% certainty, but had he signed him for 3, TB might have signed for another year or two and very well could be the QB of the Patriots right now. BB would never have signed Agholor or Jonnu and Brady would have put his two cents into bumping up the OL three or four years ago. Just goes to show how severely a single decision can affect an NFL football team. AND a coach's career.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes one wonder......................If Bill had spent $75M to keep TB12 for three more years, would he have gone by Shula?

No one knows with 100% certainty, but had he signed him for 3, TB might have signed for another year or two and very well could be the QB of the Patriots right now. BB would never have signed Agholor or Jonnu and Brady would have put his two cents into bumping up the OL three or four years ago. Just goes to show how severely a single decision can affect an NFL football team. AND a coach's career.
One more time Ken. Brady discarded Patriots offer without reading.
He was determined to leave and it had nothing to do with money!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom didn't stay for the last year of a 2 year $70 mil contract and didn't even open the updated offer before he left.

There was no money. Cap space hell. He would not throw the ball to Meyers wide open in the endzone instead trying to force it to Edelman in the endzone. Please stop with Bill was to cheap to pay TB.

Brady was leaving to try for a SB with another team because Jordan had 6 championships and Manning had a SB with two teams. Not because of money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Kraft keeps Belichick, it'll be at least 3 years before he "might" overtake Shula.

No sense in beating it to death because Shula, Landry and the rest never had to deal with Cap, free agency or multi-million dollar contracts.

It was believed five years ago that BB would have passed Shula before now.,

The losses are a horse of a different color. He's steamrolling toward getting that prize in 2023.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Kraft keeps Belichick, it'll be at least 3 years before he "might" overtake Shula.

No sense in beating it to death because Shula, Landry and the rest never had to deal with Cap, free agency or multi-million dollar contracts.

The losses are a horse of a different color. He's steamrolling toward getting that prize in 2023.

We're a quality QB away from having a very good team. I'm still sticking with BB. Even if he doesn't win another game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he doesn't win another game.
That's a contradiction in terms.

If he somehow finds a Lamar Jackson or Sam Howell wouldn't he then start winning games?

Here's the question. Does Bill give Mac the reins in 2024? Does he pik up the 5th year option. IF NOT................................

Does he spend his first round pick on a college "hope so"? If he does, I hope it's Reily Leonard or Jaden Daniels. Please, no midgets.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he somehow finds a Lamar Jackson or Sam Howell wouldn't he then start winning games?

Here's the question. Does Bill give Mac the reins in 2024? Does he pik up the 5th year option. IF NOT................................

Does he spend his first round pick on a college "hope so"? If he does, I hope it's Reily Leonard or Jaden Daniels. Please, no midgets.

No it's not. I'm saying we're a quality QB away from winning some games but if for some reason we continue to lose, I'm sticking with BB.

IMO, there's no way Mac is our QB next year. The problem is Bill will squeeze some undeserved wins out of this team and we won't be picking first in the draft so the dilemma is even when we have the shittiest team in the league on paper, Bill will get some wins out of them.

It's unlikely but possible that we already have the future QB of this franchise on our practice squad right now.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bet he regrets keeping brady based on how bad the current team looks

george halas was pretty good too.landry is highly underrated based on his final years and how he went out in dallas.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somebody with an arm. Not a cannon, but that would be nice.

1) Tom Bradys, Peyton Mannings, Dan Marinos (pick a great, I'm not ranking them) don't grow on trees and there is a Rick Mirer or Zach Wilson for every HOFer.
2) I don't fault Bill for picking Mac. The option was sticking with Scam Newton for another year. But Unless there is a strange turnaround, I think the Mac we saw yesterday is "The Mac Jones".
3) Our next QB needs an arm, not a noodle arm with good accuracy 5 yards down field and good decision making in college. Josh Allen is a good example of good arm but took a couple years to figure it out. At best - BEST - Mac will develop into Chad Pennington.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet he regrets keeping brady based on how bad the current team looks

george halas was pretty good too.landry is highly underrated based on his final years and how he went out in dallas.
You have a habit of posting here without reading prior posts.
See post #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caleb Williams may go #1 overall. - not happening.
Too early to speculate really but Drake Maye sounds interesting.I'd trade up to get him (presently)

"Daniels has an intriguing skill set, but he has not developed into a consistent pocket passer. Perhaps that lack of development is what led to Daniels departing Arizona State for LSU. He has the potential to rise if he can become more well-rounded.

Leonard is green in the pcket and his light frame gives him some speed but might get him killed.
Playing against better teams will either make him or break him.
He might have a high ceiling. (we don't know yet) but he seems the least NFL ready.....

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bigger question now would be if the Krafts could trade Belichick for a grade A QB … would they?

Is the greatest head coach ever worth anything near a Montana, Brady, or Mahomes … I guess is what I’m askin’

I got my answer

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams may go #1 overall. - not happening.
Too early to speculate really but Drake Maye sounds interesting.I'd trade up to get him (presently)

"Daniels has an intriguing skill set, but he has not developed into a consistent pocket passer. Perhaps that lack of development is what led to Daniels departing Arizona State for LSU. He has the potential to rise if he can become more well-rounded.

Leonard is green in the pcket and his light frame gives him some speed but might get him killed.
Playing against better teams will either make him or break him.
He might have a high ceiling. (we don't know yet) but he seems the least NFL ready.....
I want to like Maye better than Williams...but damn...21 TDs/1 Int already this year...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple Question.......................

Do you want to see Bill Belichick stay on in the position he is as the Patriots GM/HC?

It appears that Groh has some of the selection and signing authority, so no one knows 100% if he's taking over the GM position.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pretty much said for the past couple of years that I think the NFL style of football has passed him by and that it's time to rejuvenate the Patriots or watch them stagnate in the cesspool they are today. Time to move on.

Side note. Bill has lost Dante Scarneccia, Ivan Fears and Ernie Adams.

More so, Bill has forced good GMs to leave so that he could take control. Nick Caserio(Texans), Dave Zeigler(Raiders),Monti Ossenfort(Titans(

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then keep him for one more 6-11 season so he can get Shula's record??

I don't give a fuck about Shula or his record. That's stupid.

While it is abundantly obvious that TB12 was a major part of the Patriots success, he did not do it alone. And Bill didn't just start sucking.

You can hate all you want. The guy earned my respect as a fan and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that losing the GOAT along with countless staff has brought its challenges.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple Question.......................

Do you want to see Bill Belichick stay on in the position he is as the Patriots GM/HC?

It appears that Groh has some of the selection and signing authority, so no one knows 100% if he's taking over the GM position.
HC definitely.

GM? Let me see if I have two shits...
poor no money GIF by Tubelight