• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Vs Zap: The Controversy Has Begun

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey Zappe is the first rookie QB to win his first two starts AND a QB rating of 100+ since, holy shit, Sonny Jurgeson in 1957.

Zappe is scheduled to start next Monday night against the Bears and Mac has started to growl.

Mac Jones started asking ""WHY"" to team mates and coaches since training camp.

Why:

Aren't the Patriots using the Josh McDaniels' offense?
Are the coaches not more offensive?
Is a Special Teams coach handling QBs?

Mike Florio wrote about the coaching controversy and Mac's distaste for it.
Mac said to someone yesterday that he's "ready to go" and apparently didn't realize that there were members of the media within earshot.

BB made Mac take the trip to Cleveland and basically told him to watch Zappe and learn from his mistakes.

Here's the interesting part. BB knew that the patriots were NOT going to run the ball down the Browns' throats. Ther Browns were expecting a heavy dose of Stevenson and Strong and planned their game to stop the run. Stevenson had a 51 yard run and Thorton had a 19 yard run for a TD. If you take those two runs away, the Patriots had 29 yards rushing yesterday. Zappe had 300+ throwing the ball.

One nail has been pounded halfway into the casket. Joe Judge has been a Bailey Zappe advocate since week one of training camp.

The media is falling in love with Zappe's ability to avoid sacks and "Climb the Pocket".

One media guy said,"When Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over, Belichick broke the cardinal rule that players don't lose their job because of injury. Will he break it again??

Let the controversy begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey Zappe is the first rookie QB to win his first two starts AND a QB rating of 100+ since, holy shit, Sonny Jurgeson in 1957.

Zappe is scheduled to start next Monday night against the Bears and Mac has started to growl.

Mac Jones started asking ""WHY"" to team mates and coaches since training camp.

Why:

Aren't the Patriots using the Josh McDaniels' offense?
Are the coaches not more offensive?
Is a Special Teams coach handling QBs?

Mike Florio wrote about the coaching controversy and Mac's distaste for it.
Mac said to someone yesterday that he's "ready to go" and apparently didn't realize that there were members of the media within earshot.

BB made Mac take the trip to Cleveland and basically told him to watch Zappe and learn from his mistakes.

Here's the interesting part. BB knew that the patriots were NOT going to run the ball down the Browns' throats. Ther Browns were expecting a heavy dose of Stevenson and Strong and planned their game to stop the run. Stevenson had a 51 yard run and Thorton had a 19 yard run for a TD. If you take those two runs away, the Patriots had 29 yards rushing yesterday. Zappe had 300+ throwing the ball.

One nail has been pounded halfway into the casket. Joe Judge has been a Bailey Zappe advocate since week one of training camp.

The media is falling in love with Zappe's ability to avoid sacks and "Climb the Pocket".

One media guy said,"When Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over, Belichick broke the cardinal rule that players don't lose their job because of injury. Will he break it again??

Let the controversy begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Joe Judge was a Zappe advocate since week one of training camp then Joe Judge is a moron.

I agree there is a media created controversy, but again last week they played the worse defense tin the league. I also find it highly unlikely BB told Jones " Watch Zappe and learn from your mistakes" at least where anyone could here, pretty sure that is pure speculation.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody see the footage of Mac and Bailey entering the stadium yesterday? Mac was walking well ahead of Bailey and by himself. It sure seemed like they’re not friends.

I’m sure Mac is the better QB but I’m hoping to see Zappe next Monday night.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joe Judge was a Zappe advocate since week one of training camp then Joe Judge is a moron.
That's the kind of statement that generally sets you off. That's your opinion and you state it as a fact.

If you believe that, then Joe Judge believes that you are a moron for disagreeing with his professional opinion..

You may thin k that Judge is an ass, but he rebuilt the NY Giants in two years to the point where the Mara's could fire him and let the new coach reap the benefits. Just like Miami, Tampa bay etc.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kind of statement that generally sets you off. That's your opinion and you state it as a fact.

If you believe that, then Joe Judge believes that you are a moron for disagreeing with his professional opinion..

You may thin k that Judge is an ass, but he rebuilt the NY Giants in two years to the point where the Mara's could fire him and let the new coach reap the benefits. Just like Miami, Tampa bay etc.
What am I presenting as fact exactly? You are the one that posted a lot of speculative conjecture without a single link.

Yeah I think it's a fact. A rookie week one on trng camp and WOW he is now the go to QB? Yeah I am confident saying that is moronic.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure Mac is the better QB but I’m hoping to see Zappe next Monday night.
Sad Britney Spears GIF

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree there is a media created controversy, but again last week they played the worse defense tin the league. I also find it highly unlikely BB told Jones " Watch Zappe and learn from your mistakes" at least where anyone could here, pretty sure that is pure speculation.
Why would Joe Judge be a Moron for being a Zappe advocate? See something, say something.

It is public knowledge and has been for decades, Bill chastised TB 12 for any and all mistakes he made during any team meeting.
He holds everyone to equal accountability.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Joe Judge be a Moron for being a Zappe advocate? See something, say something.

It is public knowledge and has been for decades, Bill chastised TB 12 for any and all mistakes he made during any team meeting.
He holds everyone to equal accountability.
Not a Zappa advocate but an advocate week one of training camp. No way in week 1 which pretty much consists of little to nothing and the rookie QB getting no real time could make someone feel all warm and fuzzy. I guess the possible exception of say " I liked that pic in round three?"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we had a controversy until I read this thread.
I question if controversy is the correct term. Maybe QB battle or competition.

Everyone on this board should remember when your starting QB gets hurt it's next man up, Sometime that guy turns out to be or be a Tom Brady

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to add I love spinach based salads.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've moved past the "Hoyer is definitely the better option than Zappe " debate already??

That was short lived..... lol
It was not debate, at the time he was the best option. Option 3 got his chance has been doing well albeit against shitty defenses