• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Vs Zap: The Controversy Has Begun

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told ya.

Not saying he's a problem, but the coaches felt he was getting out of line with his constant questioning of "why" on just about everything including changing the offense from Josh McDaniels' playbook.

It's just a little bit of "I an All-Pro in my rookie year." I"I'm the starting QB and no one else is here to take my job." Not being nasty, but havinga sense of a bit more self worth and being a young kid having success on a big stage." Nothing that can't be corrected if he's got an open mind and a willingness to meet the staff halfway.

Media guys in Boston do get quite a bit of access to players and staff and they love to run with a story and embellish it just a bit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told ya.

Not saying he's a problem, but the coaches felt he was getting out of line with his constant questioning of "why" on just about everything including changing the offense from Josh McDaniels' playbook.

It's just a little bit of "I an All-Pro in my rookie year." I"I'm the starting QB and no one else is here to take my job." Not being nasty, but havinga sense of a bit more self worth and being a young kid having success on a big stage." Nothing that can't be corrected if he's got an open mind and a willingness to meet the staff halfway.

Media guys in Boston do get quite a bit of access to players and staff and they love to run with a story and embellish it just a bit.
I'm calling bullshit on this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Patriots schedule.

This week will be the Bears on Monday night.

Followed by the Jets in NY next Sunday after a short week.

Then the Colts come to Foxboro for Sunday Nov. 6

Then the Patriots will have their BYE and two weeks off.

IF, big IF, Bill is thinking about keeping Mac on the sidelines until after the BYE, wouldn't starting him against the jets at home in Foxboro on Nov, 20 be a good idea if his ankle isn't 100%. IF, another big IF, Zappe beats the Bears, Jets and Colts do you think that Bill would give Mac the reins?,

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Patriots schedule.

This week will be the Bears on Monday night.

Followed by the Jets in NY next Sunday after a short week.

Then the Colts come to Foxboro for Sunday Nov. 6

Then the Patriots will have their BYE and two weeks off.

IF, big IF, Bill is thinking about keeping Mac on the sidelines until after the BYE, wouldn't starting him against the jets at home in Foxboro on Nov, 20 be a good idea if his ankle isn't 100%. IF, another big IF, Zappe beats the Bears, Jets and Colts do you think that Bill would give Mac the reins?,
Just conjecture but I don't think BB continues with Zappe while his #1 QB is ready to play.
The vanilla offense of Zappe has been wonderful but he is not #1 QB ready for the rest of the season.
He still has a lot to learn. Remeber, I was really high on the Zappe pick and love him even more now!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me understand Macs frustration if there is any at all. We had an offensive system in place that worked. Our O- Coord get hired away, we replace him with a Ravioli TASTER seems to me he should be upset.
Fair enough. It's only a matter of time before Mac gets hurt again anyways.

I wonder what this does with Hoyer?
What makes you say that?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me understand Macs frustration if there is any at all. We had an offensive system in place that worked. Our O- Coord get hired away, we replace him with a Ravioli TASTER seems to me he should be upset.

What makes you say that?

Just going with my gut but Mac's style has been begging for an injury in my opinion. His pocket awareness seems slow-ish to me. Wasn't he banged up pretty good last year as well?

I could be totally wrong on this but some QB's get hurt way more often than others and it seems like it would be related to their styles of play and awareness.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic reports "there is no quarterback controversy" in New England and that Mac Jones (ankle) will start when healthy.​

Multiple reporters for The Athletic said on Thursday that league officials with knowledge of the situation believe Jones will return as the Patriots starter once healthy. ESPN's Mike Reiss reported earlier that Jones expects to be available for the team's Monday night matchup against the Bears, but that he still needs to be cleared in practice. Despite the recent success of rookie quarterback Bailey Zappe (596-4-0), Jones returning as the team's starter was always the logical move. The former first-round pick struggled through his first three games (786-2-5) before suffering a high-ankle sprain in Week 3 against the Ravens, but a slow start shouldn't be enough to unseat him as the starter.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going with my gut but Mac's style has been begging for an injury in my opinion. His pocket awareness seems slow-ish to me. Wasn't he banged up pretty good last year as well?

I could be totally wrong on this but some QB's get hurt way more often than others and it seems like it would be related to their styles of play and awareness.
I have two words for you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have two words for you.

And I got three back at ya.
Isaiah Wynn

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you and Mac should go hug each other somewhere.
Isaiah Wynn

Bailey Fucking Zappe

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you and Mac should go hug each other somewhere.
Gay Kiss GIF