• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Are Attempting to Retain Fangio

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At some point"???? LMAO. It's over dude. He's 60!

I don't buy it

My god. This isn't me trying to convince you. This is me telling you, for a fact.

He's NEVER INTERVIEWED... Do you think a VERY qualified guy to be a Head Coach, MIGHT have interviewed ONCE for a job, if he wanted to be a head coach? Do you think he MIGHT have done that before approaching SENIOR CITIZENSHIP? I mean, Jesus Christ man. Get a clue. Just once, Beengay. Head out of your ass, please.

You really have a way with saying some astonishing shit.

It's a borderline mentally retarded point, regardless. "We shouldn't bring him back, because he might leave us after 5 years in the 2020 off-season." The hell?

Why do you make me berate you like this? Stop... please. I don't like this, but you're such a fuck sometimes.
None of what you said convinces me that fangio has no desire to be a HC. You’re the only source I have heard saying anything of the sort.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god. This isn't me trying to convince you. This is me telling you, for a fact.

He's NEVER INTERVIEWED... Do you think a VERY qualified guy to be a Head Coach, MIGHT have interviewed ONCE for a job, if he wanted to be a head coach? Do you think he MIGHT have done that before approaching SENIOR CITIZENSHIP? I mean, Jesus Christ man. Get a clue. Just once, Beengay. Head out of your ass, please.

Well he did interview for the 49ers head coaching position in 2014. May want to lay off that caps lock next time.

And cue the psychopathic response in 3 2 1...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Bears DC Vic Fangio is the Packers' "top choice" for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

New Bears coach Matt Nagy wants to keep Fangio on staff, but that could be difficult after Chicago passed over the coordinator to hire Nagy. Despite issues on the other side of the ball, the Bears' defense has overachieved under Fangio the last three seasons. He would be a good hire for the Packers.
Related: Packers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is a stud DC, I'm sure there are many teams that would love to have him. A DC that gets more out of less is a perfect fit for GB. I believe he is staying here. The DC Nagy was going to bring is interviewing in GB today............ There is a reason for that, as he would not be interviewing in GB if he was coming to Chi with Nagy.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We don't know what Fangio "WANTS"- He could want to be a head coach...but we don't know.
2. W DO KNOW... that NOBODY has hired him as a HC....and NOT many are even asking to interview him for HC over the years.

The trend is, and I believe will continue to be to hire young. AND most teams are wanting media savy coaches who can be engaging without revealing anything. Vic simply doesn't follow that pattern. NOT young, and tells the truth too much.

I believe that he knows by now that his spot is as a badass DC in the NFL. If he could use this small window of leverage to add a shiny "Asst. HC" title and a bigger paycheck...he'd be stupid not to. Fangio has had multiple top ranked defenses, been to a SB, rebuilt a team from a 4-3 to his 3-4 and got that unit from bottom 5 in the league to top 10 in just 3 years. IF he was going to be a serious HC candidate for anyone it would have already happened by now.
Fangio stays- is named Asst. HC and given a big raise. Done.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN reporting that the Packers are hiring Mike Pettine as DC... That's got to be a good sign!

And even if we do lose Fangio, at least he won't be in Green Bay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears likely to bring back Fangio now. :hope:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common sense, dip shit.
It’s not common sense. It’s you trying to confirm something you seem to think is true but is clearly unverified. Fangio may not want to be a HC, but none of what you said has convinced me that’s true. I still think he wants to be a HC at some point down the road.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not common sense. It’s you trying to confirm something you seem to think is true but is clearly unverified. Fangio may not want to be a HC, but none of what you said has convinced me that’s true. I still think he wants to be a HC at some point down the road.

- THERE IS "NO DOWN THE ROAD". HE IS 60

- HE HAS THE CREDENTIALS OF A HIGHLY COVETED HC CANDIDATE. HE IS OVERQUALIFIED TO STILL BE A DC.

- HE HAS HAD CREDENTIALS TO GET HC'ING INTERVIEWS SINCE SAN FRAN

- IN YOUR 50's, THE WINDOW OF TIME TO BECOME A HC IS CLOSING RAPIDLY

- YET, HE HAS NEVER EVEN INTERVIEWED FOR A HC'ING JOB

Why would this be? Hmm... why has arguably the most accomplished DC of the last decade, NEVER interviewed for a HC'ing job? Outside of this job, which he clearly was never going to get.

Does 2 + 2 still = 4? You doddering dope...

none of what you said has convinced me that’s true.

That's because your stupidity is a burden, on everyone around you.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- THERE IS "NO DOWN THE ROAD". HE IS 60

- HE HAS THE CREDENTIALS OF A HIGHLY COVETED HC CANDIDATE. HE IS OVERQUALIFIED TO STILL BE A DC.

- HE HAS HAD CREDENTIALS TO GET HC'ING INTERVIEWS SINCE SAN FRAN

- IN YOUR 50's, THE WINDOW OF TIME TO BECOME A HC IS CLOSING RAPIDLY

- YET, HE HAS NEVER EVEN INTERVIEWED FOR A HC'ING JOB

Why would this be? Hmm... why has arguably the most accomplished DC of the last decade, NEVER interviewed for a HC'ing job? Outside of this job, which he clearly was never going to get.

Does 2 + 2 still = 4? You doddering dope...

none of what you said has convinced me that’s true.

That's because your stupidity is a burden, on everyone around you.
There’s a difference between logic and facts. That’s very sound logic, but really no facts. It’s why you’re always wrong on here. You try to paint a colored picture of a black and white photo. It’s reasonable to think that from reading this post, but it could all be a load of bull shit too. You’re only facts are he’s 60 and he’s never interviewed for HC before. That seems logical, but his career in San Fran wasn’t exactly smooth. At the height of his defenses capabilities a bunch of his best players just up and quit. He was a good HC candidate for a bit, but his future in San Fran went from really bright to absolute shit over night and that easily dropped his HC points. There’s also other shit going on in his life that we don’t know. Trying to say someone won’t want something in a year is impossible, even if you know the person. When the extent of what you know about Fangio is what you hear about him and see on Sunday's then I will definitely put 0 weight in your opinion on the matter.. You don’t know shit richi. You can curse me all you want, but you make connections that just aren’t there. And you do it regularly. Until you can find out when and where you do it, you will continue to be douche bag who’s wrong all the time.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re only facts are he’s 60 and he’s never interviewed for HC before.

Funny thing is you are conceding a falsehood. He did interview for a head coaching job before. In 2014, San Fran interviewed him and passed him over, he got pissed, wanted out of San Fran, and that's why he went to Chicago.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is you are conceding a falsehood. He did interview for a head coaching job before. In 2014, San Fran interviewed him and passed him over, he got pissed, wanted out of San Fran, and that's why he went to Chicago.
A quick google search has confirmed this. Well, that’s what happens when you take facts from richi at face value. I did not know that and was too lazy to research it. I kind of hate responding to people on here for reasons like this. Anyone can type anything on here in a matter of seconds, but it takes a lot more time to actually fact check what they said, then check your facts, then reply. Replying to some people is just a waste of time when this is the case. Thanks for your input.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole richi strikes again.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole richi strikes again.
Dude, your act is played out. You’d think after 10+ years of trolling a message board you’d realize what such a worthless, stupid life you are living and either kill yourself or find a fucking hobby. I’m glad you haven’t killed yourself, but you really need to find a hobby. You Pile on when it’s proven someone is wrong and disappear when you are wrong. It’s no wonder you troll these bears message boards as avidly as you do.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, your act is played out. You’d think after 10+ years of trolling a message board you’d realize what such a worthless, stupid life you are living and either kill yourself or find a fucking hobby. I’m glad you haven’t killed yourself, but you really need to find a hobby. You Pile on when it’s proven someone is wrong and disappear when you are wrong. It’s no wonder you troll these bears message boards as avidly as you do.

When was i wrong? I thought you were going to ignore me? Looks like you were wrong. And you're wrong about my worthless life.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was i wrong? I thought you were going to ignore me? Looks like you were wrong. And you're wrong about my worthless life.
0 substance. You’re no better than richi. I don’t even care enough to research your claim.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 substance. You’re no better than richi. I don’t even care enough to research your claim.

Oh boo effing hoo. Zero substance to the question, i thought you were going to ignore me? Nice pivot dummy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boo effing hoo. Zero substance to the question, i thought you were going to ignore me? Nice pivot dummy.
There’s a link that says show ignored content at the bottom of the page. I click that and see that absolutely stupid shit that you post.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Fangio wants to wait to see if Shumer gets a job and goes with his buddy. I think we move on already. What did we really get from Fangio, a year of terrible defense because we had 4-3 talent and were adding and shedding weight with players changing positions.

He got two names at ILB in Freeman and Trevathan and they always got the edge. Christian Jones was all over the field and just gets to play when the vets go down. Did we really get a good thing with Fangio? From Day 1 I posted that if he is this great of a DC, why doesn't he create a hybrid defense to put guys in position to perform instead of having a hand down DE stand up. Why were they running stunts where those same hand down pass rushers were out in coverage? He forced the players to fit the system, not put players in position to excell.

We are fucked if we get a 4-3 guy again, but someone should be able to do some hybrid like the great bear defense of the past. You only have one stud middle linebacker, then guess what? Goldman and Hicks in the middle would be dominant. Let the rest work itself out.