• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy with the win or more concerned

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw... that goes to either the 2016 Cowboys or 2007 Cowboys. One seeds that couldnt muster a simple playoff win... with completely healthy teams.
we'll see....Dallas played both of those games close and lost at the end

how was the 16 team healthy when their QB got hurt in the preseason and the started a 4th round rookie at QB

you should squat to pee on the main board and not worry so much what is posted on the Dallas board

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch. So question. Was both offenses that bad, or does credit go to the defenses?
Thats a million dollar question lol, but I think it was more poor offenses. Both were dreadful.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see....Dallas played both of those games close and lost at the end

how was the 16 team healthy when their QB got hurt in the preseason and the started a 4th round rookie at QB

you should squat to pee on the main board and not worry so much what is posted on the Dallas board

I should squat to pee on the main board? That makes no sense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch. So question. Was both offenses that bad, or does credit go to the defenses?

According to JG, the cold windy weather had something to do with it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct manster....but I remain pretty happy with Dak. There is much room for improvement and we can bet our ass he'll put in the time. He showed the issue that dogged him on draft day...accuracy, which showed itself when he was under durance this year

BUT....22-10 is just that for a QB only interested in winning and not so much the stat line.

All and All....I remain pretty happy with Dak to date. I don't see the issue more Dak than Dez unless we're talking about one guy playing the hardest position in all of team sports
I wonder how many fans in Cleveland would give their left nut to have Dak at QB. I wonder what the Cowboys record would be if they had made the deal for Lynch and then had to roll with him after Romo got hurt...again. Some folks can't grasp the fact that Romo was DONE...all the teams that have QB needs and no one was beating down Romo's door...because he was done. If Dak were compared to other 2nd year QB's instead of 14 year vet's, he'd start looking a lot better to some folks. Your 2nd year 4th rounder isn't supposed to carry the team...guys that are $16.5 million cap hits should carry the team...and 838 receiving yards isn't carrying shit

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many fans in Cleveland would give their left nut to have Dak at QB. I wonder what the Cowboys record would be if they had made the deal for Lynch and then had to roll with him after Romo got hurt...again. Some folks can't grasp the fact that Romo was DONE...all the teams that have QB needs and no one was beating down Romo's door...because he was done. If Dak were compared to other 2nd year QB's instead of 14 year vet's, he'd start looking a lot better to some folks. Your 2nd year 4th rounder isn't supposed to carry the team...guys that are $16.5 million cap hits should carry the team...and 838 receiving yards isn't carrying shit
Very True...there remains an asterisk when a certain fan here discusses the Dallas QB position on this board.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hilarious.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive side, because of the Comp picks the Cowboys received, they now have a 1st,m 2nd, 3rd, 3 4th's, 2 5th's, a 6th and a 7th. On the negative side, Wil McClay may not be here to help make those picks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah I'm happy with the win. We beat Philly in Philly. Kept them from having their best record ever. Went 9-7 instead of 8-8. Went out on a win when they easily could have folded in a "meaningless" game to some. Played with two backup OL. I don't care who they ran out there our defense played pretty well and Benwikere was in there half the game as we were also down 2 starting corners and one of our best DL. We didn't exactly have a full team either. Plus, do you know how friggin cold it was in the North East this weekend??? How many times has this team played well with other QBs over the last 10 years in this type of weather? A win is a win and this team was a win against Atl from the playoffs. Also, probably a Zeke suspension or healthy T Smith from the playoffs. And it's not like we have a game next week to worry about if things are clicking or not and if you watched around the league very fews teams look great and play without warts. So again, Hell yeah I'm happy with the win. I can't believe this is a question unless it was rhetorical.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive side, because of the Comp picks the Cowboys received, they now have a 1st,m 2nd, 3rd, 3 4th's, 2 5th's, a 6th and a 7th. On the negative side, Wil McClay may not be here to help make those picks
Fuck, now I'm not happy. Are you assuming or are there rumors out there about him leaving? Jerry needs to do the right thing and make this guy GM. Let Steven keep doing the contract numbers if he wants but this guy is the unsung hero behind this team IMO

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 4th's sounds like good trade bait if the opportunity arises.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, now I'm not happy. Are you assuming or are there rumors out there about him leaving? Jerry needs to do the right thing and make this guy GM. Let Steven keep doing the contract numbers if he wants but this guy is the unsung hero behind this team IMO
I read a couple of articles last month about McClay being the top G.M. target in the League, and while he passed on those to stay in Dallas before, they thought he was gone this year. A lot of it stemmed from the Taco Charlton pick, as Jason Garrett made a big play for Charlton, who was not the guy McClay wanted at all. I hope it's not true

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah I'm happy with the win. We beat Philly in Philly. Kept them from having their best record ever. Went 9-7 instead of 8-8. Went out on a win when they easily could have folded in a "meaningless" game to some. Played with two backup OL. I don't care who they ran out there our defense played pretty well and Benwikere was in there half the game as we were also down 2 starting corners and one of our best DL. We didn't exactly have a full team either. Plus, do you know how friggin cold it was in the North East this weekend??? How many times has this team played well with other QBs over the last 10 years in this type of weather? A win is a win and this team was a win against Atl from the playoffs. Also, probably a Zeke suspension or healthy T Smith from the playoffs. And it's not like we have a game next week to worry about if things are clicking or not and if you watched around the league very fews teams look great and play without warts. So again, Hell yeah I'm happy with the win. I can't believe this is a question unless it was rhetorical.

I thought Benwikere played really well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 4th's sounds like good trade bait if the opportunity arises.
I never like thinking about those things until you are on the clock. You need to see what the draft brings to you. But, in the big picture I tend to agree, or perhaps back fill for a 2nd or 3rd you gave up to get a guy you think will be a superstar. I think the roster is deep enough now that we should start looking for stars. This is a much different roster than a few years ago. if we keep our own and add a couple of top contributors through the draft and our young players step up and maybe sign some minor pieces like a backup OL (or two) or extra LB in FA I think we can really move forward.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a couple of articles last month about McClay being the top G.M. target in the League, and while he passed on those to stay in Dallas before, they thought he was gone this year. A lot of it stemmed from the Taco Charlton pick, as Jason Garrett made a big play for Charlton, who was not the guy McClay wanted at all. I hope it's not true
I think We forced that pick. I'm not writing off Taco and thought he showed some nice potential even though he was a little disappointing this year. but you could see (and read after) how the other DEs going left us with our pants down a little. I am happy with Awuzie and how the draft ultimately went for us and our board saved us and still delivered a great draft, but our top player on the board and only first round grade left was King. But we forced the position instead. That was a panic move IMO. You either move up to grab the guy you want or you take the best player on your board. Great teams don't settle for a player at a position of need. And yes, our cap problems and restructures (and still paying Romo) are what created that hole and I'm sure that wasn't McClay. But, I need to give credit to whomever had any say in the last few drafts and this includes Garrett and yes (gulp) Jerry for listening more and doing less. I love our last few drafts and hope they keep the group together for this next draft. I will be very upset if McClay goes

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post

here's what I got with a much shorter version

"Because we are a lot further away than we thought. Our offense is very average"

:lol:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post

here's what I got with a much shorter version

"Because we are a lot further away than we thought. Our offense is very average"

:lol:

Yes I think our offense is lacking.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like thinking about those things until you are on the clock. You need to see what the draft brings to you. But, in the big picture I tend to agree, or perhaps back fill for a 2nd or 3rd you gave up to get a guy you think will be a superstar. I think the roster is deep enough now that we should start looking for stars. This is a much different roster than a few years ago. if we keep our own and add a couple of top contributors through the draft and our young players step up and maybe sign some minor pieces like a backup OL (or two) or extra LB in FA I think we can really move forward.

You never know how the draft plays out, true words.