• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy with the win or more concerned

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw a stat that the 2017 Cowboys record:
With Sean Lee playing: 8-2 *(excluding the Atl game he barely played in)
With T Smith playing: 8-4 *(excluding the Sea game he barely played in)

* some of these obviously overlap

Of the games they both played in and played more than a little of the game I think we only lost one game (Denver). Problem with this is that both are injury concerns going forward too...

Those guys are no doubt two beasts and probably 2 of the top 5 players we need to be the best we can be. Another player though I'm worried about is Irving. Not near the importance of the other 2 mentioned, but starting to recally become a force. 7 sacks in 8 games, 6 batted balls. I saw where he said he still can't put words together in a sentence. That sounds pretty bad.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think people are saying he is the worst WR in football....... Just that he isnt a #1 WR in football, but being paid like one. hell if I cared enough to put some thought into it, I am sure there are some #2's on teams better than our #1.

Sanu

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Randall Cobb, JuJu Smith Schuster

By the Eye test they look better, but would they look as good it not on the field with two of the best WRs and Rodgers.
I remember when Harper looked great, left to be a #1 and he didnt look so great any more.

IMO Dez hasn't played all that well and if the team moves on without him I'm good, but the bad O was nore than just Dez.
The OL didn't play well, Dak didn't play well and Beasley didn't play well.
I think TW, TEs, and the run game even without Elliott were the only parts that held up their end of the deal.
It Dak bounces back, we'll be fine. If not Jerry and his staff will have to finally go into a full rebuild.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the Eye test they look better, but would they look as good it not on the field with two of the best WRs and Rodgers.
I remember when Harper looked great, left to be a #1 and he didnt look so great any more.

IMO Dez hasn't played all that well and if the team moves on without him I'm good, but the bad O was nore than just Dez.
I think TW, TEs, and the run game even without Elliott were the only parts that held up their end of the deal.
It Dak bounces back, we'll be fine. If not Jerry and his staff will have to finally go into a full rebuild.
Very good point on the other WRs playing beside great #1's, though I think that's a bigger indictment on Dez. Put it this way, in an offense with Zeke Elliott and a QB that can run, is there ever a scenario where Cole Beasley would be double teamed if Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant or OBJ were the Cowboys #1? The fact that Beasley is doubled more than Dez says it all to me

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point on the other WRs playing beside great #1's, though I think that's a bigger indictment on Dez. Put it this way, in an offense with Zeke Elliott and a QB that can run, is there ever a scenario where Cole Beasley would be double teamed if Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant or OBJ were the Cowboys #1? The fact that Beasley is doubled more than Dez says it all to me
Agree about Dez, and is the reason I'm good if they bite the Dead Money Bullet and move on without him. If I were to guess, I'd say its putup time or this is Dez's last season in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu is not better than Dez. Sanu is not even close to Dez:2cents:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well Cobb had to play as the #1 & while didnt do what I would have expected out of him. Did much better than Dez has recently.
As far as all the rest. The reason Beasley hasnt done as well is he is being doubled, which would leave all these guys mentioned one on one who all have been better than Dez (one on one) So if that forced teams to double them & then beasley could do his thing again with Moving chains. Win/Win in my book. Either way a better scenario for us than what we are dealing with right now.
As far as Harper. We all knew he wasnt a #1, but our problem is our #2 doesnt get respected by Defenses either. We have A #1 who isnt playing like one. We have a #2 who really isnt a #2. he could be a #4 who is in there for Screen passes (for his blocking) This hurts the receiving as a whole. In fact if we are a good #2 who could stretch (loosen up) defenses maybe not as much spotlight would be on Dez.

Something has to change. Only I dont see the Receiving corp changing much next year (maybe the back end)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Cobb had to play as the #1 & while didnt do what I would have expected out of him. Did much better than Dez has recently.
As far as all the rest. The reason Beasley hasnt done as well is he is being doubled, which would leave all these guys mentioned one on one who all have been better than Dez (one on one) So if that forced teams to double them & then beasley could do his thing again with Moving chains. Win/Win in my book. Either way a better scenario for us than what we are dealing with right now.
As far as Harper. We all knew he wasnt a #1, but our problem is our #2 doesnt get respected by Defenses either. We have A #1 who isnt playing like one. We have a #2 who really isnt a #2. he could be a #4 who is in there for Screen passes (for his blocking) This hurts the receiving as a whole. In fact if we are a good #2 who could stretch (loosen up) defenses maybe not as much spotlight would be on Dez.

Something has to change. Only I dont see the Receiving corp changing much next year (maybe the back end)
I agree with this. My quick fix is a true deep threat. I can't think of the last deep threat WR we had. Weve had possession WRs and a few fast guys who couldn't catch a cold.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TW was just a little faster hed be perfect. No one has the safeties worried.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. My quick fix is a true deep threat. I can't think of the last deep threat WR we had. Weve had possession WRs and a few fast guys who couldn't catch a cold.
I would say the Rocket. Could have said Austin if he would have stopped blowing hammy's LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Rocket. Could have said Austin if he would have stopped blowing hammy's LOL
Before Irvin got injured, I really thought the Cowboys were on their way to another Super Bowl after they got Rocket. The deep ball to beat the Skins, starting 3-0, he opened up everything. Seeing that also made me more depressed about not taking Randy Moss, it's not that Greg Ellis wasn't a good player and guy, but good grief, a young Moss would have made that offense illegal

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Irvin got injured, I really thought the Cowboys were on their way to another Super Bowl after they got Rocket. The deep ball to beat the Skins, starting 3-0, he opened up everything. Seeing that also made me more depressed about not taking Randy Moss, it's not that Greg Ellis wasn't a good player and guy, but good grief, a young Moss would have made that offense illegal

Aikman threw 5 TDs in that opener. That pass to Rocket was awesome in OT.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great throw. Aikman tended to put too much air on derp throws, but he just chucked that one as far as he could and let rocket go get it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a great throw. Aikman tended to put too much air on derp throws, but he just chucked that one as far as he could and let rocket go get it
You guys crack me up with the way you can remember things. I'm trying to remember what happened week 17 of this year!!!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up with the way you can remember things. I'm trying to remember what happened week 17 of this year!!!
Me too. I'll have to take their words for it, because i sure dont remember any of it.

Hell, even stuff I recall I need to Google to refresh my memory.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall don't remember the play action bomb to Rocket the first possession of OT in that season opener.??? It was about 80 yards. I do remember games for some reason.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite game ever - 92 NFC Championship

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall don't remember the play action bomb to Rocket the first possession of OT in that season opener.??? It was about 80 yards. I do remember games for some reason.
How many toothpicks?
RainMan_4.5.jpg