• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another 5 Years or More Miami

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to be clear a QB who put up 4,624 yards 29/14 QBR 60.7 Rating 101.1 is now crap?...
No. He's a good, but flawed, QB who is surrounded by elite talent. That talent played a very significant part in creating those stats. For my money Tagovailoa got more help than Prescott, Purdy, or Stafford, but I understand there could be a debate about that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Herbert vs Tua discourse makes me think people underestimate how terrible the Chargers have been around Herbert. Even the nice pieces like Allen are getting older.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is lucky to have Hill.......without,they would be under .500.
If Mahomes still had Hill,theyd still be the team to beat every year.

And Tua is 5-6 in his last 11 games including the game yesterday,beating one good team in Dallas(fluke if I remeber right) including a loss to Tennessee......
Not saying hes not but the argument about them looking to get rid of him was the old staff. Current regime loves him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Herbert vs Tua discourse makes me think people underestimate how terrible the Chargers have been around Herbert. Even the nice pieces like Allen are getting older.
Herbert also hasnt progressed much since rookie year. Same issue as college, oozes talent, hes good, but never takes that step. Imo.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

arguably worst coach in the league though

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert also hasnt progressed much since rookie year. Same issue as college, oozes talent, hes good, but never takes that step. Imo.
I was and remain a Herbert fan. But he took a step back this year and I see the same thing. Yeah he's not in a good situation but he does not seem to elevate his team and he sure doesn't win. I put them in the same category, good but not great yet.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers have a talented roster but had maybe the worst coaching in football. I am curious if they have a quick turnaround with a good coaching hire.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was and remain a Herbert fan. But he took a step back this year and I see the same thing. Yeah he's not in a good situation but he does not seem to elevate his team and he sure doesn't win. I put them in the same category, good but not great yet.

Fully in step with you. I do think Herbert is a great talent, but the Chargers could never get over the hump this year.

I don't think they are near as talented as many think. Allen and Williams are nice WRs but they aren't game-breaking talent. Herbert has to constantly throw into tight windows.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Fish fan has been rough.

Twas a breakout offensive season, but little else.

Sure, when rocking and rolling the offense can score 70. Like a Nintendo game, but simply not built to win a single playoff game.

Starts at QB. I was so angered when they drafted this clown. CFL talent at best. And TV experts making excuses.
Well good luck for the next 3-5 years. They will sign him to an extension. He might be a very good QB but he can’t be that guy that can lead a team deep in the playoffs and win a SB it seems. Gotta have a stacked defense. Hard to build a defense paying a WR $30M/year. Miami beat up on bad teams. Maybe this was just a good test for them and they figure it out but I never was a fan of Tua either

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good luck for the next 3-5 years. They will sign him to an extension. He might be a very good QB but he is that guy that can lead a team deep in the playoffs and win a SB it seems. Gotta have a stacked defense. Hard to build a defense paying a WR $30M/year. Miami beat up on bad teams. Maybe this was just a good test for them and they figure it out but I never was a fan of Tua either

Tua is better than I thought he'd be

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the step back. He teases you lol. If someone ever turns him into a killer like mahomes or brady or stroud(yeah stroud). …look out. Tool wise he has everything and MORE. And its not like he doesnt have a good brain…or that hos
Mechanics blow or he cant move in the pocket or hes not mobile.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying hes not but the argument about them looking to get rid of him was the old staff. Current regime loves him

THey probanly do love to have,cause thdy got a nice offense going.....
But Mostert had a career year this year and will not be repeated by him.....one less weapon for Tua......
But McDaniels wont come out to say it,but they know without Hill they are doomed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arguably worst coach in the league though
And a terrible organization that seemingly can never get out of it's own way to take that next step. What is it? One SB appearance in the 90's where they goat boat raced by Young and the Niners. The culture starts with ownership, imo. Maybe they can get the right hire but they haven't done that since the Reagan administration, it seems. Marty Schottenheimer, I suppose but they fired him after a 14-2 season because they failed in the play-offs.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he has an insanely high floor. Its just seems like the ceiling is a few inches above it.

Dog Baby GIF