• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another 5 Years or More Miami

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a terrible organization that seemingly can never get out of it's own way to take that next step. What is it? One SB appearance in the 90's where they goat boat raced by Young and the Niners. The culture starts with ownership, imo. Maybe they can get the right hire but they haven't done that since the Reagan administration, it seems. Marty Schottenheimer, I suppose but they fired him after a 14-2 season because they failed in the play-offs.

perfect example of an NFL team overreacting to one game or scenario and making a bad call.

Like the Titans with Vrabel.

You trade AJ Brown and give this man Derrick Henry and at best a 20 to 25th best qb situation and expect him to win 10 plus football games.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfect example of an NFL team overreacting to one game or scenario and making a bad call.

Like the Titans with Vrabel.

You trade AJ Brown and give this man Derrick Henry and at best a 20 to 25th best qb situation and expect him to win 10 plus football games.
I think the Vrabel thing was expectations exceeding reality. Partly due to what you said and partly due to his COTY season where they kinda lucked into the #1 seed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Fish fan has been rough.

Twas a breakout offensive season, but little else.

Sure, when rocking and rolling the offense can score 70. Like a Nintendo game, but simply not built to win a single playoff game.

Starts at QB. I was so angered when they drafted this clown. CFL talent at best. And TV experts making excuses.
Bashing the Fins is my job!
They had a very poor O-line and did miraces with it.
Tua is not the problem but have fun at it!
I like Dolphins fans angry, I'll just leave it at that!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
If its not obvious to you that Herbert is a far better quarterback than Tua, then that's a "you" issue
Think Tua and Herbert are about the same. A bit over hyped with minimal accomplishments.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Herbert vs Tua discourse makes me think people underestimate how terrible the Chargers have been around Herbert. Even the nice pieces like Allen are getting older.
Herbert to Keenan Allen was basically the whole team last year. When Mike Williams was in, the Chargers did look like they had one of the top passing offenses but he only played 3 games. Likely the team will move on from one of the two (has to be Allen due to age, I'd imagine) and draft another guy (Nabers or Harrison if they're lucky) and Herbert will be fine. Quenton Johnson was awful last year, though. Austin Ekeler went from important cog to completely washed up. No QB would've come out of this year looking good especially with a bottom 5 defense with a defensive head coach and a lot of money put on the defense.

I think Herbert is quite a bit better than Tua

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert to Keenan Allen was basically the whole team last year. When Mike Williams was in, the Chargers did look like they had one of the top passing offenses but he only played 3 games. Likely the team will move on from one of the two (has to be Allen due to age, I'd imagine) and draft another guy (Nabers or Harrison if they're lucky) and Herbert will be fine. Quenton Johnson was awful last year, though. Austin Ekeler went from important cog to completely washed up. No QB would've come out of this year looking good especially with a bottom 5 defense with a defensive head coach and a lot of money put on the defense.

As do I. But agreed Allen was his constant go to. Truth to tell, if the Chargers had better coaching and some key changes in the right positions you'd clearly see Herbert is the better of the two. We'll see what they do in the off-season...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think other than scoring TDs in the RZ and the odd nice pass play out of the backfield, Ekeler has never really been a good RB that opposing defenses had to worry about so that puts a lot more on Herbert and the WRs pushing the ball down the field. I do agree that Allen maybe gets moved or something. You can't have 2 WRs taking up close to 70 mil in cap space with Herberts extension due to kick in the following year. Joey Bosa will be another player they have to make a decision on, cap wise.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As do I. But agreed Allen was his constant go to. Truth to tell, if the Chargers had better coaching and some key changes in the right positions you'd clearly see Herbert is the better of the two. We'll see what they do in the off-season...

I'd take Herbert all day over Tua

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think other than scoring TDs in the RZ and the odd nice pass play out of the backfield, Ekeler has never really been a good RB that opposing defenses had to worry about so that puts a lot more on Herbert and the WRs pushing the ball down the field. I do agree that Allen maybe gets moved or something. You can't have 2 WRs taking up close to 70 mil in cap space with Herberts extension due to kick in the following year. Joey Bosa will be another player they have to make a decision on, cap wise.

I don't feel like Bosa has been good enough to warrant the kind of money he's going to want.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like Bosa has been good enough to warrant the kind of money he's going to want.
His cap hits are $36mil and $32mil a year? Yeah, he gone.

The good thing about totally blowing a year is that the Chargers should be in a spot to draft replacements.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bashing the Fins is my job!
They had a very poor O-line and did miraces with it.
Tua is not the problem but have fun at it!
I like Dolphins fans angry, I'll just leave it at that!

Mother Fucker. I wish nothing but 8 feet of snow in Buffalo forever. :D

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill isn't getting $30M per year. He's averaging $24M per year. There's a bogus last contract year, (that he isn't going to get), that exists purely to make the average $30M.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Think Tua and Herbert are about the same. A bit over hyped with minimal accomplishments.
You're out of your mind. Herbert can consistently make every conceivable throw on the field, the same cannot be said for Tua. Herbert has been stuck with awful coaching the laat few seasons, yet you can still see that he has the tools to be a long-term franchise qb for LA. Tua has one of the so-called best offensive minds in the game working with him and he's a total front-runner.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the step back. He teases you lol. If someone ever turns him into a killer like mahomes or brady or stroud(yeah stroud). …look out. Tool wise he has everything and MORE. And its not like he doesnt have a good brain…or that hos
Mechanics blow or he cant move in the pocket or hes not mobile.
Maybe he will find it at some point in his career but at this point Herbert is just a guy. Like you said, a huge tease. Maybe he is Romo