• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy with the win or more concerned

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope...I consider you a Romo guy with an extremely jaded opinion on QB play in Dallas.

let's see....a 2nd year guy who was a 4th round NFL draft pick is 22-10 as an NFL starter, and played a hell-eva playoff game last year with a suspect defense.

BUT you're right...NFL QB has a lot more going on than the wide out position.
yep...he's part of the team.

you Dez guys sure seem set on pulling down Dak, but no question, Dak's play was extremely lacking compared to his first season

I like any QB for the boys. I am critcal of Dez as well, maybe not as much as the Dez haters, but he has to play better for sure. I also would not have a problem getting a number 1 reciever and moving Dez. Whatever makes this team better. I am all for it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Now if you recall, many of us said teams will adjust to Dak, now Dak needs to adjust to sefenses. Next season will give us more as to who/what Dak is.
I agree. Next year will tell us if Dak is the long term answere at QB. Boy do I hope so, this mediocre season was unexpected.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has a whole lot to do with it if folks read your posts last season. You hated seeing Dak have the success for 2/3's of the season and only came around to this team attitude when the guy won 13 games

I wouldn't say hated. I could see it coming after week 4, when no one else did. I started looking at that schedule and thinking we can go on a serious run here and if we win 6 or 7 straight it is going to be hard to take him out. Well he didn't come out and my guy is calling games in the booth now. So looking back, yes I wished we would have lost 1 or 2 in that stretch. My guy may still be playing today.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like any QB for the boys. I am critcal of Dez as well, maybe not as much as the Dez haters, but he has to play better for sure. I also would not have a problem getting a number 1 reciever and moving Dez. Whatever makes this team better. I am all for it.
Good post....by no means do I want to kick Dez to the curb.

I think we were a 9-7 team because of many factors, with the QB play being on the list. I don't think the QB play was the top 2 or 3 reasons. I think it's still a lacking defense, bad leadership with regards to evaluation of themselves and lack of speed and playmakers at wide receiver

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say hated. I could see it coming after week 4, when no one else did. I started looking at that schedule and thinking we can go on a serious run here and if we win 6 or 7 straight it is going to be hard to take him out. Well he didn't come out and my guy is calling games in the booth now. So looking back, yes I wished we would have lost 1 or 2 in that stretch. My guy may still be playing today.
lol....you just confirmed what I said earlier. Your judgment on Dallas QB play is jaded.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....you just confirmed what I said earlier. Your judgment on Dallas QB play is jaded.

And I said it doesn't take just a jaded opinion to see it. He had one good game in the last 8 and that was heavily attributed to the Yards after Catch by our WRs and backs. He had 8 games this season where he didn't throw for 200 yrds. 5 that he didn't have a TD in. That's not very good considering the NFL is so pass happy. You can blame it on Dez , Linehan, whoever. How did Beasley do this yr??

My feelings about Romo have nothing to do with that assessment. He isn't on the team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said it doesn't take just a jaded opinion to see it. He had one good game in the last 8 and that was heavily attributed to the Yards after Catch by our WRs and backs. He had 8 games this season where he didn't throw for 200 yrds. 5 that he didn't have a TD in. That's not very good considering the NFL is so pass happy. You can blame it on Dez , Linehan, whoever. How did Beasley do this yr??

My feelings about Romo have nothing to do with that assessment. He isn't on the team.
no way man....I've been reading your opinions to long to fall for all that...but if it makes you feel better, have at it

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we were a 9-7 team because of many factors, with the QB play being on the list. I don't think the QB play was the top 2 or 3 reasons. I think it's still a lacking defense, bad leadership with regards to evaluation of themselves and lack of speed and playmakers at wide receiver
I think franchise Lawrence. I am still not sold on defense. We need a safety to go along with Woods move Jones to corner, let Orlando go, Speedy WR is needed. I dont like our OC. He has to go. Give Rod another year. Next year is no excuses for this team to be better. Playoff or gut whole coaching staff. I am not a fan of Ginger, but he has one more year. What i like about these players. They seem to work hard to get better, i know Dak will. That Oline has to come back much better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think franchise Lawrence. I am still not sold on defense. We need a safety to go along with Woods move Jones to corner, let Orlando go, Speedy WR is needed. I dont like our OC. He has to go. Give Rod another year. Next year is no excuses for this team to be better. Playoff or gut whole coaching staff. I am not a fan of Ginger, but he has one more year. What i like about these players. They seem to work hard to get better, i know Dak will. That Oline has to come back much better.
I agree with everything you posted here. I wish Rod would just be the dline coach and we got two new coordinators but I'll be happy if we just kick Scott to the curb, but I also don't want to see Garrett call plays neither. Should be another interesting off season.

we need to kill it again at the draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct manster....but I remain pretty happy with Dak. There is much room for improvement and we can bet our ass he'll put in the time. He showed the issue that dogged him on draft day...accuracy, which showed itself when he was under durance this year

BUT....22-10 is just that for a QB only interested in winning and not so much the stat line.

All and All....I remain pretty happy with Dak to date. I don't see the issue more Dak than Dez unless we're talking about one guy playing the hardest position in all of team sports
I'm happy with Dak too. He exceeded expectations, if he falls somewhere in between 2016 and 2017 he'll be more than fine. If he's 2017 Dak he might be a problem, if he's 2016 Dak look out NFL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

& lets not forget coaching.
We get out coached often & suck at making adjustments.

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say find a #1 WR or that Dak is not the guy but in reality it is a little harder than that. I know everyone remembers QB life before Romo and giving up our 2009 draft for Roy Williams or dealing with T.O. to get that #1 WR. I get frustrated at Dez just like most of you (shut up and play ball) but when you compare him to other #1's in the league there is not a lot of difference. I think Dak had a little bit of a sophomore slump and he will work more on his accuracy. But if you want the glaring hole IMO it was when we had an offensive lineman go out especially Big #77. We need depth on the OL. If Tyron goes out it cant be a free for all on Dak. I thought the changes we made on defense obviously made us better the last 4 or 5 games. I give them little bit of a pass on the game today. Hard to get up for a meaningless game when you blew your shot at a spot the week before.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philly just might be the worst #1 seed in the history of NFL playoffs.

Naw... that goes to either the 2016 Cowboys or 2007 Cowboys. One seeds that couldnt muster a simple playoff win... with completely healthy teams.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say find a #1 WR or that Dak is not the guy but in reality it is a little harder than that. I know everyone remembers QB life before Romo and giving up our 2009 draft for Roy Williams or dealing with T.O. to get that #1 WR. I get frustrated at Dez just like most of you (shut up and play ball) but when you compare him to other #1's in the league there is not a lot of difference. I think Dak had a little bit of a sophomore slump and he will work more on his accuracy. But if you want the glaring hole IMO it was when we had an offensive lineman go out especially Big #77. We need depth on the OL. If Tyron goes out it cant be a free for all on Dak. I thought the changes we made on defense obviously made us better the last 4 or 5 games. I give them little bit of a pass on the game today. Hard to get up for a meaningless game when you blew your shot at a spot the week before.

One who has been lost, now is found.

Welcome back Nuts. Hope you post more.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch. So question. Was both offenses that bad, or does credit go to the defenses?