• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Lions @ Cowboys

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 FG made so far. Temper your enthusiasm. There's plenty of games left for Badgley to fuck up in.
Not the point. The point was we kept the wrong kicker and got stuck with a reject. The guy we let go has been at least average so far.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I'm being subjective here with my thoughts, but Stroud is nowhere near 90% of anything that Bryce Young offers on the field from a mental standpoint.

Stroud is taller with a bigger frame body and quite possibly has more velocity on a thrown ball, but he can easily get rattled and he shows it facially along with other body language. Young doesn't ever do that. Bryce's pre-snap and post-snap reads are much more advanced than any CFB QB I can recall. He'll take a sack, if needed, versus hanging a throw somewhere that's worse than a 50/50 ball or he'll try to advance the ball downfield with his legs. He doesn't have the mobility that Kyler Murray has nor the speed. Young is more in line with Hurts in that he's a glider when running but without the build or power that Hurts possesses.

There's a play against Mississippi State this past weekend where Bryce buys time with his legs, out of the pocket, and motions to the WR in the end zone to advance to the receivers left side, and Bryce throws a dime to him while still on the run going to his right. It was awesome to watch. There are very few CFB QB's who make that throw. He had another throw similar, but not as long as the one above, where he was moving out of the pocket to his left and throwing a deep out 25 yards downfield that was $$$.
I don't think 90% is too far off, but I am open to it being lower. I will say our current leadership gives zero shits about injury concerns, so if Lions get a shot at 1 I would probably expect Young. Which I would be absolutely fine with.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's not all Goff, correct? There are other outliers that also exist.

I can do the what ifs all day long like: what if J-Will didn't fumble at the 2-yard line and how would the game have transpired had he scored, and the Lions had taken the lead with 12 minutes to go?

How about if all defensive players that had injuries prior to training camp or even during training camp were all healthy and ready to play from beginning of the regular season.

If's and's but's
Goff has many good attributes. If he learns to step up in the pocket then he will be serviceable. He is too slow to run sideways. Give him 3 simple instructions. Step back on 1001 and 1002. Step forward into pocket on 1003 and 1004. Run on 1005 if noone is open.

The turnovers are a big concern. Give him more structure and less freedom and he wont get himself in so much trouble.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point. The point was we kept the wrong kicker and got stuck with a reject. The guy we let go has been at least average so far.

Yet, Patterson could become a complete disaster. The season is still young, and I'll remind you if he does implode.

I understand where you're coming from.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff has many good attributes. If he learns to step up in the pocket then he will be serviceable. He is too slow to run sideways. Give him 3 simple instructions. Step back on 1001 and 1002. Step forward into pocket on 1003 and 1004. Run on 1005 if noone is open.

The turnovers are a big concern. Give him more structure and less freedom and he wont get himself in so much trouble.

Precise statement.

The true @Old Lion has arrived.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 90% is too far off, but I am open to it being lower. I will say our current leadership gives zero shits about injury concerns, so if Lions get a shot at 1 I would probably expect Young. Which I would be absolutely fine with.

I wouldn't draft Bryce Young.

That shoulder injury gives me pause to draft him.

Reactions: Rob

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't draft Bryce Young.

That shoulder injury gives me pause to draft him.
I am not impressed with the QB class so far. Not enough to use a number 1 pick. We will see how they develop the rest of the year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed with the QB class so far. Not enough to use a number 1 pick. We will see how they develop the rest of the year.

I highly doubt the Lions will be picking No.1 overall. Once these injured players get healthy and have a few games under their belt, the Lions will win a number of games to quash that thought of No.1 overall pick.

There exists lots of possibilities.

Hendon Hooker will be turning 25 by the time the draft comes around and so many will pooh pooh that idea. i honestly don't care because if you're lucky to get 10-12 years out of a QB who has the physical and mental build to hold up in the NFL, then so be it.

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina, is worthy of consideration somewhere around the 3rd round. BH went to see one of his games this season - 2022

Cameron Rising might be worthy of a look come late day 2 to early day 3 - @Mebert yutz - my problem with Rising is that he makes a handful of boneheaded decisions nearly every game, but he is mobile, can extend plays and become somewhat innovative when a play breaks down. It's usually the latter that gets him into trouble.

Sam Hartman, Wake Forest, is similar to Sam Howell in the last draft.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the Lions will be picking No.1 overall. Once these injured players get healthy and have a few games under their belt, the Lions will win a number of games to quash that thought of No.1 overall pick.

There exists lots of possibilities.

Hendon Hooker will be turning 25 by the time the draft comes around and so many will pooh pooh that idea. i honestly don't care because if you're lucky to get 10-12 years out of a QB who has the physical and mental build to hold up in the NFL, then so be it.

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina, is worthy of consideration somewhere around the 3rd round. BH went to see one of his games this season - 2022

Cameron Rising might be worthy of a look come late day 2 to early day 3 - @Mebert yutz - my problem with Rising is that he makes a handful of boneheaded decisions nearly every game, but he is mobile, can extend plays and become somewhat innovative when a play breaks down. It's usually the latter that gets him into trouble.

Sam Hartman, Wake Forest, is similar to Sam Howell in the last draft.

Rising has extreme confidence no matter how much he shouldn't. It leads to both magic and disaster.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely pro-Hooker!

But I would take the elite pass rusher with the first choice of round 1. The Lions identity should be their defense. The offense works when they are allowed to be balanced.

The pick from the Rams should be the QB if a guy like Hendon Hooker is still there. Hooker is strong armed, accurate, mobile, and a winner.

The Lions can't hitch their wagon to Goff. His lack of arm strength and sloth-like mobility really hampers the offense when things aren't clicking. Too many turnovers and zero dynamic plays.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas. Just watching the game again.... (Don't judge me)

What did the distant ref say to the goal judge to change his mind on the Brock Wright almost TD? The goal judge was in the act of raising his arms and the other ref nearly tackled him to stop him.

WTF was that? No way should a guy 10 yards behind the play have a valid opinion...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas. Just watching the game again.... (Don't judge me)

What did the distant ref say to the goal judge to change his mind on the Brock Wright almost TD? The goal judge was in the act of raising his arms and the other ref nearly tackled him to stop him.

WTF was that? No way should a guy 10 yards behind the play have a valid opinion...
I believe he said "don't forget about the bribe!"

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he said "don't forget about the bribe!"
Yep. Whatever it was Detroit could have used the extra review time to get the next play called and executed.

Instead we rushed to the line and the result was not good.

I bet most good teams get the TD call on the field and live with the review decision. We got F'ed by #24 Down Judge David Oliver...

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_042635571.jpg
    PXL_20221025_042635571.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20221025_042636199.jpg
    PXL_20221025_042636199.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely pro-Hooker!

But I would take the elite pass rusher with the first choice of round 1. The Lions identity should be their defense. The offense works when they are allowed to be balanced.

The pick from the Rams should be the QB if a guy like Hendon Hooker is still there. Hooker is strong armed, accurate, mobile, and a winner.

The Lions can't hitch their wagon to Goff. His lack of arm strength and sloth-like mobility really hampers the offense when things aren't clicking. Too many turnovers and zero dynamic plays.
You had me at pro-Hooker:thumb:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?
Okudah and Deshon Elliot were every bit as good as Hutch.

Okudah and Elliot don’t make those plays without Hutch wreaking havoc in front of them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wan’dale Robinson now the no.1 WR for the 6-1 Giants.

I recall somebody calling that one and someone else whiffing bad.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okudah and Elliot don’t make those plays without Hutch wreaking havoc in front of them.

Continue living in that fantasy world of yours if it makes you feel better

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wan’dale Robinson now the no.1 WR for the 6-1 Giants.

I recall somebody calling that one and someone else whiffing bad.

Really, he's their now No.1 WR with 10 catches in 3 games played for a total of 92 yards and 1 TD.

I'd rather have our 2021 4th round pick than wasting a 2nd round pick on Wan'Dale.

You surely have the ability to spin whatever narrative you hope others will believe. You should become a politician.

Nice attempt by you.