• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Lions @ Cowboys

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: Rob

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC has sucked all year too. He is the other reason we cant win.

So, it's not all Goff, correct? There are other outliers that also exist.

I can do the what ifs all day long like: what if J-Will didn't fumble at the 2-yard line and how would the game have transpired had he scored, and the Lions had taken the lead with 12 minutes to go?

How about if all defensive players that had injuries prior to training camp or even during training camp were all healthy and ready to play from beginning of the regular season.

If's and's but's

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope DC might finally get his head out of his ass and become an average in-game coach.

He didn't make any extreme head coaching mistakes yesterday, but there's still 11 games to be played, so there's plenty of time left in the season for him to revert to old habits.

Outside of poor clock management and 3-4 questionable calls on 4th downs, I still believe he can turn this team around but it's not going to be this year in a way that fans want or expect.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Lions fan who had thoughts, wishes, hopes that all would be good to great this season are acting out foolishly.

Should the Lions win 4-6 games of the 11 that remain and players that are injured now get healthy and show positive ascending play, then that in and of itself is some improvement.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I love the fact that the Aaron Rodger's led Packers look lost as a team right the moment.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the same last year while playing for U of M.

It's only my opinion, so take as you like, but Hutch plays too high of a % of defensive snaps and has done so minus that 2nd half of the game versus the Commanders.
He doesn’t look out of shape. But he sure plays like it.

Easy target to run against.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I didn't realize Okudah had as many snaps in the box as noted below by POD

Meanwhile, the usage of Jeff Okudah was the most fascinating part of Sunday’s game. Here’s a breakdown of his 57 defensive snaps, per PFF:

• 39 at outside corner
  • 18 as a box safety/LB
That strategy proved to be very effective, as Okudah was a force in the run game with 15 tackles on the day.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snap counts

Depth is a huge issue. The number of snaps for the four main players on the D-Line is inexcusable. This format is completely unsustainable for the rest of the season and this game is no different than some before.

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 56 (89%) — 5 (23%)
Josh Paschal: 56 (89%) — 1 (5%)

Julian Okwara: 21 (33%) — 4 (18%)
John Cominsky: 10 (16%) — 4 (18%)
Austin Bryant: 9 (14%) — 4 (18%)

DT:

Isaiah Buggs: 53 (84%) — 1 (5%)
Alim McNeill: 52 (83%) — 1 (5%)

Benito Jones: 21 (33%) — 4 (18%)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior games snap counts. You cannot expect your starting Edge Rushers to perform adequately when playing them above 70% of snaps and the same goes for your starting DT when they play above 60%-65% of snaps. You have to keep players fresh to endure the entire season.

versus Patriots

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 57 (95%) — 7 (37%)
Austin Bryant: 47 (78%) — 7 (37%)
Demetrius Taylor: 13 (22%)
Julian Okwara: 4 (7%) — 2 (11%)

DT:

Alim McNeill: 50 (83%)
Isaiah Buggs: 50 (83%)
Michael Brockers: 11 (18%) — 7 (37%)
Benito Jones: 8 (13%) — 7 (37%)

...............................................................................................
versus Seahawks

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 57 (81%) — 9 (27%)
Charles Harris: 55 (79%) — 9 (27%)
Julian Okwara: 20 (29%) — 7 (21%)
Austin Bryant: 13 (19%) — 9 (27%)

DT:

Alim McNeill: 54 (77%)
Isaiah Buggs: 48 (69%)
Michael Brockers: 30 (43%)
Benito Jones: 18 (26%) — 9 (27%)

.................................................................................................
versus Vikings................. Hutch still recovering from thigh injury

EDGE:

Charles Harris: 66 (92%) — 6 (21%)
Aidan Hutchinson: 57 (79%) — 6 (21%)
Julian Okwara: 20 (28%)
Austin Bryant: 19 (26%) — 6 (21%)

DT:

Alim McNeill: 58 (81%)
Isaiah Buggs: 38 (53%)
Michael Brockers: 19 (26%)
Benito Jones: 13 (18%) — 6 (21%)

..................................................................................................
versus Commander's
better allotment of snaps for DT

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 60 (81%) — 2 (6%)
Charles Harris: 52 (70%) — 2 (6%)
Julian Okwara: 33 (45%) — 2 (6%)
John Cominsky: 31 (42%) — 2 (6%)

DT:

Alim McNeill: 44 (59%)
Isaiah Buggs: 40 (54%)
Michael Brockers: 25 (34%)
Benito Jones: 22 (30%)

...................................................................................................
versus Eagles

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 69 (90%) — 6 (19%)
Charles Harris: 64 (83%) — 6 (19%)
John Cominsky: 28 (36%) — 6 (19%)
Austin Bryant: 27 (35%) — 6 (19%)

DT:

Alim McNeill: 52 (68%)
Isaiah Buggs: 40 (52%)
Michael Brockers: 28 (36%)
Benito Jones: 16 (21%)

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, keep an eye out for Tennessee's QB Hendon Hooker this upcoming draft. He was a former Virginia Tech signee that transferred to Tennessee last year. He's one to watch out for to ascend.

Are you still high on Bryce Young?

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game...glad I did.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still high on Bryce Young?

Not unless @broncosmitty does me a solid.

Yes, I still believe he's QB #1 for the upcoming draft. There is no one at his position with the level of Football IQ that he possesses.
I am extremely concerned if his body can hold up under the rigors of the NFL. He's not 6'0. He might be 5' 10" 1/2 and maaaybe 195 pounds.

He has been out of sorts this year with mostly a new WR group and when Saban stated after being injured that Bryce has dealt with an AC joint sprain injury previously that concerns me. Young has consistently overthrown deep balls by 4-5 yards and some highly questionable underthrown balls that you didn't see last year.

I counted 27 drops in the first 4 games - in the receiver's hands and not an already extended receiver where the ball is almost catchable or having to scoop the ball off the turf or a ball thrown behind a receiver - in the receiver's hands whether it was a WR, TE or RB. There were 4 drops by his receivers in the Tennessee game.

Nothing rattles this kid whether it's dropped balls, shitty O-Line play or even non-called roughing the passer. His mental and emotional state are rare even for a 3–4-year NFL QB.

I simply wish to take his Football IQ, mental and emotional state of mind, decision making skills, and mostly his pinpoint accuracy - mostly last years and not this years and place all of those attributes in a QB that is 3-4 inches taller and 20-25 lbs. heavier. Tennessee's QB, Hendon Hooker, has shown some of Young's traits with the mental acuity and has the body, mobility, arm strength, but Hooker is not Bryce Young - not at this time.

Bryce Young is more advanced than any other QB in this draft.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I still believe he's QB #1 for the upcoming draft. There is no one at his position with the level of Football IQ that he possesses.
I am extremely concerned if his body can hold up under the rigors of the NFL. He's not 6'0. He might be 5' 10" 1/2 and maaaybe 195 pounds.

He has been out of sorts this year with mostly new WR group and when Saban stated after being injured that Bryce has dealt with an AC joint sprain injury previously that concerns me. Young has consistently overthrown deep balls by 4-5 yards and some highly questionable underthrown balls that you didn't see last year.

I counted 27 drops in the first 4 games - in the receiver's hands and not an already extended receiver where the ball is almost catchable or having to scoop the ball off the turf or a ball thrown behind a receiver - in the receiver's hands whether it was a WR, TE or RB. There were 4 drops by his receivers on the Tennessee game.

Nothing rattles this kid whether it's dropped balls, shitty O-Line play or even non-called roughing the passer. His mental and emotional state are rare even for a 3–4-year NFL QB.

I simply wish to take his Football IQ, mental and emotional state of mind, decision making skills and mostly his pinpoint accuracy - mostly last years and not this years and place all of those attributes in a QB that is 3-4 inches taller and 20-25 lbs. heavier.

You want me to feed him bacon and HGH every morning?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been out of sorts this year with mostly a new WR group and when Saban stated after being injured that Bryce has dealt with an AC joint sprain injury previously that concerns me. Young has consistently overthrown deep balls by 4-5 yards and some highly questionable underthrown balls that you didn't see last year.

I counted 27 drops in the first 4 games - in the receiver's hands and not an already extended receiver where the ball is almost catchable or having to scoop the ball off the turf or a ball thrown behind a receiver - in the receiver's hands whether it was a WR, TE or RB. There were 4 drops by his receivers in the Tennessee game.

I simply wish to take his Football IQ, mental and emotional state of mind, decision making skills, and mostly his pinpoint accuracy - mostly last years and not this years and place all of those attributes in a QB that is 3-4 inches taller and 20-25 lbs. heavier.

This is kind of my take. If Young is bigger he is viewed as a generational talent. Stroud has the size and is about 90% of what Young is. Levis is boom or bust with maybe the highest ceiling.

I think Stroud is the safest bet, and you are not sacrificing all that much on potential either. He would be my #1.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is Tribusky, he has some wow moments, but they will never be frequent enough to matter.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud has the size and is about 90% of what Young is.

Obviously, I'm being subjective here with my thoughts, but Stroud is nowhere near 90% of anything that Bryce Young offers on the field from a mental standpoint.

Stroud is taller with a bigger frame body and quite possibly has more velocity on a thrown ball, but he can easily get rattled and he shows it facially along with other body language. Young doesn't ever do that. Bryce's pre-snap and post-snap reads are much more advanced than any CFB QB I can recall. He'll take a sack, if needed, versus hanging a throw somewhere that's worse than a 50/50 ball or he'll try to advance the ball downfield with his legs. He doesn't have the mobility that Kyler Murray has nor the speed. Young is more in line with Hurts in that he's a glider when running but without the build or power that Hurts possesses.

There's a play against Mississippi State this past weekend where Bryce buys time with his legs, out of the pocket, and motions to the WR in the end zone to advance to the receivers left side, and Bryce throws a dime to him while still on the run going to his right. It was awesome to watch. There are very few CFB QB's who make that throw. He had another throw similar, but not as long as the one above, where he was moving out of the pocket to his left and throwing a deep out 25 yards downfield that was $$$.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is Tribusky, he has some wow moments, but they will never be frequent enough to matter.

Anthony Richardson only has 9-10 total CFB starts, and he has nothing between his ears to become a viable option - outside of a miracle transformation down the stretch. He has the physical traits you'd want but good decision making surely isn't there. He needs another year, if not two years, to develop and even then, I wouldn't draft him.

I also wouldn't draft Will Levis or KJ Jefferson. They also have the physical attributes, but neither is ready for the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stroud is the safest bet, and you are not sacrificing all that much on potential either. He would be my #1.

This statement I can mostly agree with.

I do believe Hendon Hooker has and shows more Football IQ and field awareness than Stroud does, but that's subjective on my part.