• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 12: Lions vs Jags

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty

Non-football news, but Verlander signed with Mets. I was kind of hoping he'd return to the Tigers for 1-2 years.

How crazy am I for wishing that Harris would trade for Shohei Ohtani and what, in your view, would it cost the Tigers. Mize is out for at least a year and Skubal until mid 2023. I saw that Harris signed Boyd recently, but that doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling needed. Isn't Alexander out for some time also.
I’m not sure the Tigers could even make a package worth Ohtani right now. With the guys you’ve mentioned all being shelved for awhile anyway. Greene, Tork and our minor league system prolly doesn’t equal out what he brings to a roster.

I still wouldn’t rule out JV coming back before it’s over. But he’s chasing titles and hardware right now. Harder to win a CYA on a team that hasn’t been .500 in however long it’s been. And wifey likes the bright lights of the big city. I figured he was going to the Dodgers. His brother has spoken about how he thinks JV could finish it out in Detroit. And in two years it might make sense. 30-35 more wins and he prolly won’t be looking to hang it up with 300 within striking distance. He’d be 42, but you never know.

I’d like to see him retire a Tiger too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene, Tork and our minor league system prolly doesn’t equal out what he brings to a roster.

I was hoping for some kind of package of players could be put together.

Lay me to rest in perma sleep mode.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for some kind of package of players could be put together.

Lay me to rest in perma sleep mode.
We got the third pick, and Avila doesn’t get to use it on a future DH.

So that’s good.

Assuming Ohtani gets the biggest deal in American sports history next offseason. And assume he’ll stay on the West coast

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the third pick, and Avila doesn’t get to use it on a future DH.

So that’s good.

Assuming Ohtani gets the biggest deal in American sports history next offseason. And assume he’ll stay on the West coast

LOL. I'm so glad Avila is gone.

Any vibe you get regarding GM Harris?

Yeah, I read that this morning receiving the 3rd pick in a Lottery. When in the world did that system come about?

Anyway, no Ohtani for me, I guess.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm so glad Avila is gone.

Any vibe you get regarding GM Harris?

Yeah, I read that this morning receiving the 3rd pick in a Lottery. When in the world did that system come about?

Anyway, no Ohtani for me, I guess.
This was the first year.

I don’t really have any opinion of Harris yet. He’s got some young talent to work with. And isn’t crippled by numerous awful contracts. Just a couple. So I’m hopeful we’ll see success on his watch. I like Hinch a lot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hinch a lot.

Same here and yet he's hogtied to a highly suspect roster.

Miguel Cabrera should retire as he's a waste of a roster spot, in my opinion, and I don't care about his last 30+M he'll receive for adding nothing to the team. I guess you could consider the most extremely paid high-priced bench coach.

Candelario was released, so who replaces him, Tork?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here and yet he's hogtied to a highly suspect roster.

Miguel Cabrera should retire as he's a waste of a roster spot, in my opinion, and I don't care about his last 30+M he'll receive for adding nothing to the team. I guess you could consider the most extremely paid high-priced bench coach.

Candelario was released, so who replaces him, Tork?
Prolly Ryan Kreidler. He played third some this last season.

I don’t think Tork can play third at the highest level. Not even sure he’ll be able to hit at it either.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly Ryan Kreidler. He played third some this last season.

I don’t think Tork can play third at the highest level. Not even sure he’ll be able to hit at it either.

This appears to be promising.

Have you read anything regarding OF Austin Meadows possible return date.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This appears to be promising.

Have you read anything regarding OF Austin Meadows possible return date.
They avoided arbitration with him. Which makes me HOPE he’s mentally up for playing a game for millions of dollars.

But I’ve pretty much written him off tbh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never noticed the skip jump move until replay later on, but it is pretty sick. If Houston can play like this even as a situational pass rusher, he then makes one of Julian/Romeo Okwara or Charles Harris expendable.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rookie from Jackson State was a sixth-round draft pick who had a hard time figuring out what his role would be with the Lions.

At first, he was training with the linebackers. It didn’t take too long into training camp for that experiment to end, and he was quickly doing positional drills with the defensive line instead.

He was cut after a lackluster training camp and preseason but was quickly brought back to the practice squad, where he remained until Week 12 of this season.

From an outsider’s perspective, it didn’t initially look like there was much future for Houston. The Lions coaches and players said otherwise.

Taylor Decker and Penei Sewell, two of the top tackles in the league, had to face Houston in practice constantly, and he got the best of them more times than they’d probably like to admit. Decker even stated that he once asked his position coach why Houston wasn’t playing.