• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future MI HC headed for a showdown w Pats org?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are admitting that you need to cherry pick items in order to maintain your idiotic argument, got it.

Idiotic is trying to rationalize the fact that the Bills, Jets and Dolphins, beside the couple of outlier seasons, are awful football teams for the better part of the last 15 seasons

Thats simply not the case with the Giants, Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic is trying to rationalize the fact that the Bills, Jets and Dolphins, beside the couple of outlier seasons, are awful football teams for the better part of the last 15 seasons

Did anyone say the AFC East was better than the NFC East?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't play them 16 times a year, that's the real reason your argument is a fail, along with the fact that the AFCE hasn't been the worst division the last two decades, and is very similar overall to the NFCE.

Your argument = FAIL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play them 16 times a year, that's the real reason your argument is a fail, along with the fact that the AFCE hasn't been the worst division the last two decades, and is very similar overall to the NFCE.

Your argument = FAIL.

NFC East has 11 or 12 non division winner postseason appearances in the last 15 years

AFC East has 6

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way for a split second. When he was down on the ground, and Belichick was trying to get to him, plus breaking down on the podium. It was the first time I thought he might just get up tomorrow and say "that was my last game, I've given it everything".

exactly. I mean what else does he have to prove. I hope he doesn't hold on too long like Peyton did

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dominance for the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era of New England Patriots thrust the AFC East past the AFC North by a narrow margin. Also keep in mind the figures considered didn’t include the Patriots’ 2001 (January 2002) Super Bowl, which occurred just prior to realignment. The Patriots didn’t do it alone, though.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills didn’t help much as the Bills are still mired in the longest postseason drought in the entire league, having failed to reach the dance since 1999. But the New York Jets have won at least one playoff game under three separate coaches (Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan) and twice made wild card runs to the AFC Championship game thanks to a strong defense and just enough offense with a young Mark Sanchez.

Still, the story here is the Patriots’ dominance. They have won the division 12 times out of 14 since the realignment, the exceptions coming in 2002 (Jets) and 2008 (Dolphins, when Brady tore his ACL in Week 1 but managed 11-5 with Matt Cassel). Five conference championships, three Super Bowl titles and a ton of regular-season wins (and counting), combined with some Jets successes, provided the decisive blow to the AFC North.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dominance for the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era of New England Patriots thrust the AFC East past the AFC North by a narrow margin. Also keep in mind the figures considered didn’t include the Patriots’ 2001 (January 2002) Super Bowl, which occurred just prior to realignment. The Patriots didn’t do it alone, though.

The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills didn’t help much as the Bills are still mired in the longest postseason drought in the entire league, having failed to reach the dance since 1999. But the New York Jets have won at least one playoff game under three separate coaches (Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan) and twice made wild card runs to the AFC Championship game thanks to a strong defense and just enough offense with a young Mark Sanchez.

Still, the story here is the Patriots’ dominance. They have won the division 12 times out of 14 since the realignment, the exceptions coming in 2002 (Jets) and 2008 (Dolphins, when Brady tore his ACL in Week 1 but managed 11-5 with Matt Cassel). Five conference championships, three Super Bowl titles and a ton of regular-season wins (and counting), combined with some Jets successes, provided the decisive blow to the AFC North.

Still cherry picking huh? I notice you didn't highlight a certain portion. You know the part about the Jets making the AFCCG twice in that time, including beating the Patriots in the post season to get there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cherry picking huh? I notice you didn't highlight a certain portion. You know the part about the Jets making the AFCCG twice in that time, including beating the Patriots in the post season to get there.

I already mentioned the outlier seasons

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already admitted you argument is weak sauce. Got it.

I look forward to you defending the 5-11 Bills,the 2-14 Jets and the 8-8 Fins

After this season

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to you defending the 5-11 Bills,the 2-14 Jets and the 8-8 Fins

After this season

For what reason, I don't pull for them?

You have yet to explain away the Patriots record outside the division, you know the portion that makes up 62.5% of their season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I said guessing like everyone else.
sure it a guess at this point and it's funny your panties are wadded with the opinion. Nobody cheats father time and I'm of opinion the hits won't be as easily overcome going forward

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average wins for the 2nd-4th place teams over the last 15 years:

AFC East: 7.2
AFC North: 7.0
AFC West: 6.8
AFC South: 6.6