• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be a good fit for Fields?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Atlanta stumbling down the stretch, they may just draft one instead. Currently have the #10 pick, could potentially get Daniels (or be in reasonable range to trade up for him).

As far as Moore's stats, that isn't all on Fields. He's missed 4 games.

there is a pretty substantial difference in the 4.5 games Fields missed and Moores production when he's in

9 games minus Minny 861 7 tds
4 games plus minny 261 0 tds

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Atlanta stumbling down the stretch, they may just draft one instead. Currently have the #10 pick, could potentially get Daniels (or be in reasonable range to trade up for him).

As far as Moore's stats, that isn't all on Fields. He's missed 4 games.
True.
Not sure what I was looking at anyway? Moore does have over 1100 yards. :L

Most fans want to see a coaching change. Eberflus has set too many negative records as head coach. Records involving losses, margins of loss, blown leads (even with a positive turnover ratio). For a team with a 100-year history, the level of ineptness is epically embarrassing for the fanbase.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
Not sure what I was looking at anyway? Moore does have over 1100 yards. :L

Most fans want to see a coaching change. Eberflus has set too many negative records as head coach. Records involving losses, margins of loss, blown leads (even with a positive turnover ratio). For a team with a 100-year history, the level of ineptness is epically embarrassing for the fanbase.

If they're going to move on from Fields, it makes it easier to change the coach. Changing coaches yet again for Fields is a bad idea, but so is moving forward with a bad incumbent.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question: Atlanta. Think Fields is from there also.

Before Sunday, heard a comparison that Fields has as many scrimmage yards, TD and INT in his last 32 games as Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz have in their last 32 games. Would you want Mayfield or Wentz?

And for everyone clamoring for more weapons for Fields, please note DJ Moore had 3 consecutive 1100+ seasons (nearly 1200 yards in 16 games) with Mayfield, Darnold and Bridgwater throwing to him respectively. Moore still needs about 350 yards with Fields in the next 3 games (1 extra game) to reach that target.

Could it be coaching? Absolutely. But unless another coaching staff works with Fields, it's moot.
DJ Moore is having a career year in terms of yards, yards per game, catch %, yards per target, and TDs. Logically he's making Fields look better than he really is.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to move on from Fields, it makes it easier to change the coach. Changing coaches yet again for Fields is a bad idea, but so is moving forward with a bad incumbent.
If they keep Fields, I'll support him. I think most fans will. But if they decided to replace Eberflus, not sure another rookie head coach is the answer either. Too many scenarios. Gives me headache.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent going to keep Fields. The only way they keep Fields is if Carolina goes on a winning streak down the stretch here and plays them out of position.

I cant believe that is even still a debate.

You are Ryan Poles the Bears GM.

Here are your choices:
- If you draft a QB to replace him, you almost assuredly get a pass on 2024 in terms of record because you are playing a rookie QB. Only a Carolina like year would get you fired. Even as little as 5 or 6 wins and you likely keep your job for 2025. You are going to have to make the playoffs in 2025 but that is fine as you are confident in what you are building.

- You keep Fields and if you miss the playoffs next season, you almost assuredly get canned and never get a GM job again in your life (GM's dont get 2nd chances like coaches do).

Like I said.....I cant believe this is even still a debate. He isnt going to put his job in jeopardy a year earlier for a QB that he never drafted. He will get "his guy" and start the rookie QB contract all over again and know that he can spread out the rest of the money to build a team around the guy he drafts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep Fields, I'll support him. I think most fans will. But if they decided to replace Eberflus, not sure another rookie head coach is the answer either. Too many scenarios. Gives me headache.

Yeah, that's tough. The two most difficult jobs to not have locked down on a football team are QB and Head Coach. Hopefully the Bears can lock into solid relationships in both soon.