• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be a good fit for Fields?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ had one season with more yards than Moores career high.

And Detroit won 4 games that year.

Great player in garbage time, when it doesn’t matter.
Moore didn't get to play in these modern passing games either. He was so good. Hands, height and hops.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would track considering the amount of starts he has.

And again given this is a Fields thread...why are we comparing him to a qb with 15 years in the league on a cumulative level?
Because you think they are comparable. Lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got better because the offense called plays where more players are the primary target.

Leshoure was a second round pick that tore his achilles in practice before he ever played. We never got to see what he could have been as he was never the same.

Titus Young was an absolutely amazing talent he just took all his head injuries before he put up the stats. Before he went insane he was looking to be something amazing. Yes, the talent was lacking overall. However, CJs last year he had Golden Tate and Eric Ebron around him. The year after it was the same, but CJ was replaced with Marvin Jones and Anquan Boldin. Stafford still got better.
It probably wasn't coincidental that with Tate in the fold he had his only pro bowl season no?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you think they are comparable. Lol

I didn't insert Matt Stafford into this thread. But once introduced i used him as an example of a qb that took several years to get on track.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't insert Matt Stafford into this thread. But once introduced i used him as an example of a qb that took several years to get on track.

His first full season (his 3rd), he threw for 5000 yards and 41 TDs. Apples do not equal oranges.

If you want a comparison, look to Marcus Mariota.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two good games? I'm not sure what people consider "good". To put it in perspective of how bad his team is around him, he has a better QB rating than Matthew Stafford but I guess that isn't saying much. He's had two GREAT games and three good games.

Fields is improving but at a slow rate. It would be beneficial if he wasn't with this organization. I would say it would be beneficial for Chicago but they have so many issues within the organization I'm not sure Caleb, whiney baby, Williams is going to help them either.

The only way he will progress into a starting caliber QB is if he leaves the Bears. They are doing him no favors with the shit OL play, coaching and horrible FO. It would be a blessing for him to leave but that doesn't mean he will succeed. He still has a clear issue going through his progressions and reading defenses.

Nah, it was Shane.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first full season (his 3rd), he threw for 5000 yards and 41 TDs. Apples do not equal oranges.

If you want a comparison, look to Marcus Mariota.
Brutal.

The Fields knob slobbers are the funniest bunch.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman Moore was way better than Calvin Johnson.

Sh*t that team with Moore, Perriman, Morton and Barry? Insane. Even with that sh*t quarterback Mitchell and his Fatness himself "The Wayne" at coach.

I thought that team was gonna roll that one year they won like 7 in a row and next thing I know Philly destroyed them in the playoffs.

All that said, Stafford is a damn good QB. Fields couldn't hold his jock.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want a comparison, look to Marcus

Yards were never an issue. efficient yards were. He had a nice year 3 and regressed the next 2. With the current rookie setup we'd be looking at pulling the trigger on him while in the midst of a mediocre season. Ala Baker Mayfield.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal.

The Fields knob slobbers are the funniest bunch.

No one is slobbing his knob. I personally have said at least 3 dozen times it would make perfect sense for Chicago to move on.

The irrational take is saying he's toast already in the midst of a 75 plus PFF season and a rating over 90 while having elite athleticism

There will be teams more than happy to give Fields a shot if it isn't the Bears.

People were burying Baker last year too. Funny he's very possibly going to be taking a team to the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards were never an issue. efficient yards were. He had a nice year 3 and regressed the next 2. With the current rookie setup we'd be looking at pulling the trigger on him while in the midst of a mediocre season. Ala Baker Mayfield.

Stafford was making big money from day 1 as the #1 pick before the rookie salary scale. 6y/72M in 2009, 3y/53M in 2013, 5y/135M in 2017.

A QB that can read NFL defenses is easier to commit to. The lowered standards for these kids coming out of college that can handle 1 or 2 reads max, often only 1 side of the offense is bearing rotten fruit.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was making big money from day 1 as the #1 pick before the rookie salary scale. 6y/72M in 2009, 3y/53M in 2013, 5y/135M in 2017.

A QB that can read NFL defenses is easier to commit to. The lowered standards for these kids coming out of college that can handle 1 or 2 reads max, often only 1 side of the offense is bearing rotten fruit.

I don't disagree at all with the last paragraph

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is slobbing his knob. I personally have said at least 3 dozen times it would make perfect sense for Chicago to move on.

The irrational take is saying he's toast already in the midst of a 75 plus PFF season and a rating over 90 while having elite athleticism

There will be teams more than happy to give Fields a shot if it isn't the Bears.

People were burying Baker last year too. Funny he's very possibly going to be taking a team to the playoffs.

There are only a select few that are burying Fields. I personally think he'd be a solid fit in Atlanta. That said, ratings and PFF scores don't count for a lot when the Bears are 8-26 in games he starts over his 3 seasons.