• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TB12 Considering Unretirement

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady was interviewed yesterday while sitting in a barber's chair. "I don't know if the league will allow it because I'm a part team owner, but I've been giving a comeback a great deal of consideration." He then got things all in a twit in New England. "If the circumstances are right, I would not be opposed to a return to the Patriots."

His cell was beeping before the interview was over. Owner/QB of the Raiders? QB of his boyhood favorite 49ers?? $100M one year offer from the Vikings? A shot at a 7th Patriot Super Bowl ring?

Brady is 46 and will be 47 when the 2024 season begins. "I've been seriously working out and feel I'm ready to step back on the field."

Say what you want. Sounds like Tom Brady wants to make a comeback.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@igloo posted this.....

I guess he must be getting nervous about Mahomes:

“I’m not opposed to it,” Brady said when asked on the “DeepCut with VicBlends” podcast if he would pick up the phone if a team in need called him with an offer. “I don’t know if they are going to let me if I become an owner of an NFL team.

“I don’t know, I’m always going to be in good shape. I’ll always be able to throw the ball. So, to come in for a little bit, like M.J. coming back, I don’t know if they’d let me, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it.”

The podcast host, Vic Blends, mentioned the San Francisco 49ers needing a quarterback in the playoffs as a potential scenario when asking his question in the episode released Thursday, while Brady mentioned the New England Patriots and Las Vegas Raiders before he answered, adding, “You never know.”

Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis told ESPN in May 2023 that he and Brady had “come to an agreement” for the future Hall of Fame quarterback to join the organization’s ownership group, pending NFL approval.

theathletic.com

Tom Brady says he's 'not opposed' to returning to NFL

Brady mentioned the Patriots and Raiders before he answered a question on a podcast about a potential return, adding, "You never know."
theathletic.com
theathletic.com

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady was interviewed yesterday while sitting in a barber's chair. "I don't know if the league will allow it because I'm a part team owner, but I've been giving a comeback a great deal of consideration." He then got things all in a twit in New England. "If the circumstances are right, I would not be opposed to a return to the Patriots."

His cell was beeping before the interview was over. Owner/QB of the Raiders? QB of his boyhood favorite 49ers?? $100M one year offer from the Vikings? A shot at a 7th Patriot Super Bowl ring?

Brady is 46 and will be 47 when the 2024 season begins. "I've been seriously working out and feel I'm ready to step back on the field."

Say what you want. Sounds like Tom Brady wants to make a comeback.
Couldn't you have just posted this under stupid news?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on what NE does in the draft and how the season is going about week 8.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't you have just posted this under stupid news?
Networks sure don't think it's stupid.

My guess is that the league doesn't consider it very funny or stupid if he decides to play anywhere but Las Vegas.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Networks sure don't think it's stupid.

My guess is that the league doesn't consider it very funny or stupid if he decides to play anywhere but Las Vegas.

It is indeed all over media, including as a top story on NFL.com.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are A LOT OF stupid people out there and even more people who are in line trying to sell to them. That doesn't make the concept of TB12 playing again less stupid.
That may be to you or me but doesn't preclude the massive amount of money to be made.

I've said this a thousand times, "Follow the Money".

Just think about it from the money side.

Brady resigns with the Patriots for 3 years $150M.
Every game with the Patriots is sold out and is on national TV.
Every network gets at least one Brady game. ESPN, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, Prime and the sponsorship money equals the previous Super Bowl.
Every Patriot and Brady hater is back buying his or her team hats and jerseys.

Everybody makes biillions of dollars.

Just how stupid is that? Especially if you're the one of the few making that kind of money?

Common sense has nothing at all to do with it.

IF, you're a Patriot fan, the Patriots immediately become at least a 10 win team or possibly better.
Brady will again become a player magnet drawing free agents to NE.

Crazy? Maybe. Ingenious? Absolutely.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, you're a Patriot fan, the Patriots immediately become at least a 10 win team or possibly better.

His last year was a below .500 team. A team that had a lot more offensive firepower than we have. He’s 2 years older. He won’t do shit on this team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are A LOT OF stupid people out there and even more people who are in line trying to sell to them. That doesn't make the concept of TB12 playing again less stupid.
Why?
If he unretires, he'll have a job before sunset.

And he'll be league top 5 QB at least.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd. The first link I saw had the Bucs at 9-8. Sweetie.

When you scroll down on the link you posted is says 2023. Not 2022. But that’s ok.
IMG_3739.png

Not all of us can be good looking and smart.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you scroll down on the link you posted is says 2023. Not 2022. But that’s ok.
View attachment 359674

Not all of us can be good looking and smart.
Yeah, I saw that the second time around. Just providing the link that I opened that is clearly titled Tom Brady 2022.
Not above making or admitting my mistake.