• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future MI HC headed for a showdown w Pats org?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to actually look up the historical record, your post isn't very accurate, and appears to be from more of a bias than actual critical thought.

Naaah, you know the AFC is weak, and the AFC East is the worst division over the past 15 seasons

Youll get a division like the AFC South last season, that will suck more here or there

But no division has been awful every season for 15

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only un-informed idiots would say that

Brady doesnt get tackled, doesnt use his legs, he should play longer than any QB that does

They play in a division that has been absolutely awful since Brady entered the league

And they play in a conference with a maximum of 2 or 3 serious SB contendors

Id love to predict the Patriots demise, but id be doing that with my heart and not my head
Well Brady is now in the top 10 in terms of sacks. And the division hasn't been awful since Brady entered the league. I think we've gone over that multiple times.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaah, you know the AFC is weak, and the AFC East is the worst division over the past 15 seasons

Youll get a division like the AFC South last season, that will suck more here or there

Thank you for proving my point.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the division hasn't been awful every season for 15.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the division hasn't been awful every season for 15.

And when this argument is made by Brady/Patriot haters, they always leave out talking about Brady/Patriots record vs other div.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brady is now in the top 10 in terms of sacks. And the division hasn't been awful since Brady entered the league. I think we've gone over that multiple times.

The AFC East I believe has less playoff appearances in the last 15 seasons than any other division in the NFL

Thats about as important a factoid about division strength, as any other

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC East I believe has less playoff appearances in the last 15 seasons than any other division in the NFL

And what is Brady/Patriots record vs each div in the NFL compared to the East?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is Brady/Patriots record vs each div in the NFL compared to the East?

Not an indicator that they would have the same success playing in another division

beating the Ravens in Foxboro once a year, doesnt prove to me that having to play the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals 6 times a season would be as easy as playing the Jets/Bills and Dolphins 6 times a year

Just using that division as an example

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. Take a look at last year. The AFC East had one playoff team, 2nd place was 10-6 (Jets) who lost out on the Wild Card to the 10-6 Steelers. But the 3rd/4th place teams in the North combined for 8 wins, while the 3rd/4th place teams for the East combined for 14. Are you saying the North was automatically better because it had more playoff teams?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an indicator that they would have the same success playing in another division

beating the Ravens in Foxboro once a year, doesnt prove to me that having to play the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals 6 times a season would be as easy as playing the Jets/Bills and Dolphins 6 times a year

Just using that division as an example

Having to fall back on cherry picking huh?

What is their record vs each div? Their winning isn't because they are in the East, it's because they are in fact that good year in and year out. Seems to me the one that is a bit "pissed off" is you.

Sure the Giants have picked up two titles in recent years, but you still can't seem to deal with fact that the Patriots are a better team the last two decades overall.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Take a look at last year. The AFC East had one playoff team, 2nd place was 10-6 (Jets) who lost out on the Wild Card to the 10-6 Steelers. But the 3rd/4th place teams in the North combined for 8 wins, while the 3rd/4th place teams for the East combined for 14. Are you saying the North was automatically better because it had more playoff teams?

Im saying that there are random seasons where there is a worse division that the AFC East

But you arent being honest with yourself if you dont admit that in a 15 year capsule, overall, no division has been weaker than the AFC East

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying that there are random seasons where there is a worse division that the AFC East

But you arent being honest with yourself if you dont admit that in a 15 year capsule, overall, no division has been weaker than the AFC East

Here's a fun filled stat fact for you. No team has been as successful as the New England Patriots since their purchase by the Kraft family in 1994.

The fact they are in the East doesn't actually have all that much to do with it. It's just something to whine about by you.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to fall back on cherry picking huh?

What is their record vs each div? Their winning isn't because they are in the East, it's because they are in fact that good year in and year out. Seems to me the one that is a bit "pissed off" is you.

Sure the Giants have picked up two titles in recent years, but you still can't seem to deal with fact that the Patriots are a better team the last two decades overall.

Im Perfectly comfortable with the NY Giants success as a franchise in my adult life

No need to sit here and defend against the obvious like the AFC East is a terrible division and is every single season

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I have facts to back that up if you want them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun filled stat fact for you. No team has been as successful as the New England Patriots since their purchase by the Kraft family in 1994.

The fact they are in the East doesn't actually have all that much to do with it. It's just something to whine about by you.

It actually has a ton to do with it

As a fan of the Patriots, id never expect you to admit that, but even people that dont hate the Patriots would tell you that having 6 cupcake games most every season, certainly increases the likelihood of success and postseason play

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I have facts to back that up if you want them.

Naaah, Im good with "Less playoff appearances than any other division in the NFL in the past decade and a half"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im Perfectly comfortable with the NY Giants success as a franchise in my adult life

No need to sit here and defend against the obvious like the AFC East is a terrible division and is every single season

If the AFC East is that terrible the last 14 years, and it's why the Patriots have been so successful, then what is the Giants problem being that the NFC East is essentially just as bad? And why isn't anyone else doing the same thing the Patriots are from one of the other dumpster fire divisions?

Last 14 seasons 2015 when the div winner is removed, *(From two years ago, working on something that would make it the last 16 years ago)

AFC East- .433 (6 wild card teams)

AFC West- .410 (5 wild card teams)

AFC North- .485 (11 wild card teams)

AFC South- .421 (7 wild card teams)

NFC East- .453 (9 wild card teams)

NFC West- .408 (6 wild card teams)

NFC North- .408 (7 wild card teams)

NFC South- .472 (6 wild card teams)

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaah, Im good with "Less playoff appearances than any other division in the NFL in the past decade and a half"
Okay that's fine. I mean a better judge of how difficult it is to win a division would be the average win total of the 2nd-4th place teams, but I'm sure you don't feel like hearing that.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually has a ton to do with it

As a fan of the Patriots, id never expect you to admit that, but even people that dont hate the Patriots would tell you that having 6 cupcake games most every season, certainly increases the likelihood of success and postseason play

So explain the other divisions with worse records and no one being as dominate like the Pats do?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are admitting that you need to cherry pick items in order to maintain your idiotic argument, got it.