• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future MI HC headed for a showdown w Pats org?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partially true

The competition within the division plays a large part

Just as a small example, Seattle wouldnt be lesser of a team because a few years ago, they had to get through a powerhouse Arizona and San Fran within their own division

The New England Patriots are the most dominant team in the NFL since their purchase by the Kraft family in 1994.

The end.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots are the most dominant team in the NFL since their purchase by the Kraft family in 1994.

The end.

Not disputing that fact, just telling you how they got that distinction

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disputing that fact, just telling you how they got that distinction

And as has been pointed out how you claim they got it, is in fact not the case. In fact they are more dominant outside their division than in it, completely negating your point.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but in regards to the records of the 2 through 4 teams

The 2-4 teams in the AFC East are always the same

A lot to do with the Pats dominance

Some to do with the futility of the rest of the division

2-4 teams in the other divisions are quite often different teams

Which means different teams often are winning those divisions

To me, that means those others divisions do fluctuate in parity and strength
Of course other divisions fluctuate more than the AFC East. That doesn't make those divisions better than the AFC East necessarily. You're used to the NFC East, that has multiple teams vying for the division while the bottom two teams are often not in the basement of the league. The AFC East has one dominant team, one team vying for a wild card spot, and two teams that are 5-7 wins. That's opposed to divisions that every once in a while will get a wild card, but also have a consistent basement dwelling team.

Take a look at those playoff spots and how close the AFC East was to getting one of the wild cards:

2002: Lost tiebreaker
2003: Lost tiebreaker
2004: Jets were the Wild Card
2005: 2 games out (division was horrible that year, won't hear anything from me on that)
2006: Jets were the Wild Card
2007: 3 games out (I think I actually talked to you earlier about how bad the division was this year)
2008: Lost tiebreaker
2009: Jets were the Wild Card
2010: Jets were the Wild Card
2011: 1 game out
2012: 3 games out
2013: 1 game out
2014: 1 game out
2015: Lost tiebreaker
2016: Dolphins were the Wild Card

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that will be this season, Atlanta was destroying them and then went out for pizza....But showed how easy it has become to beat Brady if you play the whole 60 minutes....I think if he makes it through this season without a major injury, they will win 10 games but either miss the playoffs or go 1 and done on the road....

Damn, OS, getting feisty in the off-season?
Flacco hasn't done shit since he checked out of "elite" and checked into the over-rated QB's
If it has become "so easy" to beat Brady, why did he only lose 1 game last year?
Tell me again how many games Flacco won last year?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's aging like a sausage link

3 years ago this weekend, I was climbing a mountain in Japan.
Today I'm deciding when to get out of this chair.
We are all aging at the same rate......

You know how to tell when you are getting old??????

The grandmothers are starting to look hot!!!!!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read in this thread. Soxfan, with hard data, and Dirt, with a compelling but less convincing argument, have proven it is possible to have a civilized discussion/debate in this forum. Kudos to both of you. Both points of view have merit and are well documented. I would like to add that AFCE teams 2-4 look horrible on paper at first glance; however, those teams have played some sensational games and have beaten very good ones in the last 15 years.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, OS, getting feisty in the off-season?
Flacco hasn't done shit since he checked out of "elite" and checked into the over-rated QB's
If it has become "so easy" to beat Brady, why did he only lose 1 game last year?
Tell me again how many games Flacco won last year?

Well we were talking about Ms Brady, but as usual all you have is a"yeah, well what about yours" as a come back...
Joe actually did well last year considering he came back from major knee surgery and missed all of OTA's and TC and pre season....Had a broken down oline, mediocre wr's and a secondary that morphed into Santa Claus in the 4th qtr, yet still came 1 game from the playoffs...
But one thing for sure is Joe has a good 5 years left in him to play and Brady is running on grandpa time....
I predict this year will be an embarrassment for Brady, and Garrop will be under center before the season ends....
While Joe will have a great year with a D that is capable of holding their end for 60 mins and all of OTA's ,TC and pre season to get in sync with all the receivers to jump out to a good start. 12-4 win the division and home field for playoffs....

So Let it be written, Let it be done
Kings-Seal-small.jpg
Sir Oldschool's Royal Seal

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one thing for sure is Joe has a good 5 hits left in him to play and Brady is running on grandpa time....
I predict this year will be an embarrassment for Brady, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Sir Oldschool's Royal Seal

Same prediction every year and never happens?????

upload_2017-5-29_8-44-52.png

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is going to throw for 50 TDs and pass for over 5,000 yards this season. He'll probably break all his own records and anyone else's.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year the Pats miss the playoffs, that's when he retires. You can't fake the QB position.