• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future MI HC headed for a showdown w Pats org?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think all the divisions suck?

Vs the AFC:

East: 70-20 (.778)
North: 29-7 (806)
South: 33-6 (846)
West: 23-14 (.622)

Vs. the NFC:

East: 14-5 (.737)
North: 14-3 (.824)
South: 13-3 (.813)
West: 9-5 (.643)

Youre missing the entire point

The reality is that if the Pats played in another division, IN MY OPINION, i doubt very much they would have 20,000 straight division titles.....Which in effect means I doubt they would have homefield advantage almost every season.....Id go as far as to say they would probably have a couple of one and dones, or even miss the playoffs entirely

None of that would ever happen in the AFC East

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting.......If Jimmy is a competitor, not sure he is, im sure he would want some assurances of when he will be playing football

Thats gonna be an interesting development
its happening dirt. it is.

writing is all but on the wall at this point.

it will be the saddest day in new england sports history...but people ARE beginning to prepare for it.

2018 its jimmys team.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre missing the entire point

The reality is that if the Pats played in another division, IN MY OPINION, i doubt very much they would have 20,000 straight division titles.....Which in effect means I doubt they would have homefield advantage almost every season.....Id go as far as to say they would probably have a couple of one and dones, or even miss the playoffs entirely

None of that would ever happen in the AFC East

Except the numbers prove otherwise.

You are simply grasping at straws.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so this whole thread started out about the Pats replacing TB for JG. The Pats will franchise JG next year and pay for that privilege, if they don't work out an extension this year. If the team feels JG is the real heir apparent and it's time for him to step into the starting role I am fine with that.

I just put out to pasture a 21 year old Honda Accord about 5 years ago I started saying that car owes me nothing and it did not. I feel the same way about Brady he owes me nothing, owes this fan base nothing, owes the NFL and it's fans nothing he has done more then any other QB in the history of the game. If it's JG time then I will embrace that be it good or bad. This will come down to market value vs loyalty, what could the Pats get for Brady if that is the direction they took? I would think it would be a nice deal.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its happening dirt. it is.

writing is all but on the wall at this point.

it will be the saddest day in new england sports history...but people ARE beginning to prepare for it.

2018 its jimmys team.

Thats a big prediction Rocko

Brady is absolutely cruising to the Super Bowl this season, the AFC is more awful than ever IMO

if he wants to stay and play, dont see how he doesnt get to decide that

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 times

Jets - Lets be honest, most seasons the laughingstock of football

Bills - Longest playoff drought in the NFL, enough said

Dolphins - Outside of 2 seasons, in which no one saw them as a playoff threat at all, they have sucked

Lets stick with the facts here
So if the Jets are a laughing stock most seasons, why are they .500 or above against interdivision opponents in 10 out of 15 seasons? If the Dolphins sucked, why are they .500 or above against interdivision opponents in 11 out of 15 seasons? Bills are certainly a middling team, but every single division has a "worst" team, and considering there are 9 other teams with worse interdivision records over the last 15 seasons, including one from every single other division, they are actually a good "worst" team.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive been saying it for years, lowly ravens fan...

now i have support to my theory. i said since jimmy got drafted, brady wouldnt be here more than 4-5 more years. jimmy is the heir. toms pushing 40.
flash forward to this year...coming off his 5th ring...the team absolutely loads up on both sides of the ball for him. load up like never before. its not like them to offer day 1 mega deal offer sheets. they did.
brady started doing more and more endorsements. japanese commercials (its true). now the madden cover...

hes cashing in on himself, finally. his time here is running short, and he knows it.

this is his last year in new england. in the offseason, he goes to SF to ride out his career, helping the niners come back to some kind of glory.

he plays there 3 years and walks...

How dare you speak to royalty that way, guards take him away and thrash him, then throw him in the dungeon until further notice.....:heh:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the numbers prove otherwise.

You are simply grasping at straws.

The division you play in greatly effects the outcome of your season

Your small sample sizes dont prove that playing in those divisions, week in and week out, year in and year out, would result in the same

Big Ben getting blitzed and pulverized by the Ravens and Bengals every season twice a year, probably takes more of a toll than Brady getting to beat the Bills 42-17 twice a season, and not get his uniform dirty

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your small sample sizes dont prove that playing in those divisions, week in and week out, year in and year out, would result in the same

Big Ben getting blitzed and pulverized by the Ravens and Bengals every season twice a year, probably takes more of a toll than Brady getting to beat the Bills 42-17 twice a season, and not get his uniform dirty

Do you even watch football? Are you aware of what Brady's stats are when being blitzed?

You fell for a lame reason the Pats are constantly at or near the top of the NFL the last 23 years, and it's been proven false repeatedly, and now you simply can't man up to it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even watch football? Are you aware of what Brady's stats are when being blitzed?

You fell for a lame reason the Pats are constantly at or near the top of the NFL the last 23 years, and it's been proven false repeatedly, and now you simply can't man up to it.

Less postseason appearances than any division in the NFL over the past decade and a half

This is a QB driven league, everyone with a brain knows you dont win big time football without it in todays NFL

Can you tell me the best QB in the last 15 seasons in the AFC East, not named Tom Brady?

Try to remove your anger for a second, and answer that question directly

Is it Chad Pennington?

Is Cleo Lemon in that conversation?

Is it the burnt out corpse of Brett Favre for a season?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a big prediction Rocko

Brady is absolutely cruising to the Super Bowl this season, the AFC is more awful than ever IMO

if he wants to stay and play, dont see how he doesnt get to decide that
yup. win one more here, be completely cemented as the GOAT more than he is now...and go to SF, so he can get a fat head of himself in niners gear. finish up out west, at home, where his family and friends are.

help bring the niners back to at least the playoffs...walk away.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less postseason appearances than any division in the NFL over the past decade and a half

This is a QB driven league, everyone with a brain knows you dont win big time football without it in todays NFL

Can you tell me the best QB in the last 15 seasons in the AFC East, not named Tom Brady?

Is it Chad Pennington?

grasping-at-straws.jpg

200_s.gif

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking 4 out of 16 games, then claiming a small sample size doesn't prove anything. Twice a year the Pats also have to play the best team in another division while the Steelers get to face the 2nd or 3rd best team in the other divisions in 8 of the last 15 seasons.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it Chad Pennington?

Then why have the AFC East 2nd-4th place teams won more games than any other division in the AFC?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking 4 out of 16 games, then claiming a small sample size doesn't prove anything. Twice a year the Pats also have to play the best team in another division while the Steelers get to face the 2nd or 3rd best team in the other divisions in 8 of the last 15 seasons.

Pats statistically have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL every season, and I believe ranked #1 easiest last season

A lot of that probably has to do with the Pats division sucking most years

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why have the AFC East 2nd-4th place teams won more games than any other division in the AFC?

Im not gonna get that question answered, am I ?

You're an intelligent guy that knows you have no shot in todays' NFL without a QB

And the 2nd best QB to Tom Brady throughout his entire career in the AFC East

Is a very forgettable QB, whoever it is

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats statistically have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL every season, and I believe ranked #1 easiest last season

You don't even bother to look shit up and simply post stupidity that pops into your head.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not gonna get that question answered, am I ?

You're an intelligent guy that knows you have no shot in todays' NFL without a QB

And the 2nd best QB to Tom Brady throughout his entire career in the AFC East

Is a very forgettable QB, whoever it is

That applies in nearly, if not all, divisions in the NFL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That applies in nearly, if not all, divisions in the NFL.

No it doesnt, not at all.......

I think a guy like Andy Dalton is a big ball of suck

Andy Dalton would be, probably by far, the best QB the AFC East has seen in Tom Bradys' career in that division

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since 2001, the Pats have played 116 games against playoff teams, 3rd most in that span and have a .655 winning percentage. Next closest is .513.