• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twist2.gif

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
really like fsu/clemson and others being mad at the tv deal and the fact they dont get 3rd tier rights for football while duke,unc and others get 3rd tier rights for basketball....your right its more than just money they want to be in a football conference and get away form tobacco road

The TV packages is part of the "the only good argument is the money argument" and no university is going to make this BIG of a call based purely on the opinion that they're not at the top of the conference pecking order (behind the tobacco road schools). If FSU has a problem with that or not getting their own 3rd tier football rights, they need to take a really close look at the politics in the Big12 and where the money is at. Texas ABSOLUTELY RUNS that conference and the money is SO lopsided that everyone was trying to bag ass from the Big 12 a year ago. The only problem was that most of them couldn't find a new home.

Anyhow, how many Duke or UNC bball games do you think WON'T get picked up by 1st or 2nd tier? If anything, the other schools could benefit from this more than the NC schools (ESPN/Raycom couldn't give a crap about a VT basketball game but one of them will sure as hell pick up a Duke game). The caveat though is that UNC and Duke would get MUCH more money from a 3rd tier game than the rest of the conference ..

And though you might have a point about the ACC not getting into a playoff (if it were) .. that includes FSU and Clemson. Neither one of them can consistently win the ACC .. how much do you really think that'll change in the big12 against significantly stiffer competition?? They already both get top 10 recruiting classes every year, so there would be no increased recruiting advantage to going to the big12.

Obviously some brass at FSU is a little upset about it .. and understandably so .. but that doesn't mean that it will come to be. They'll take a look .. and maybe they'll jump, maybe not ..

Like I said .. your arguments aren't bad .. but to imply that it would be a "no-brainer" for FSU to move to Big 12 is total opinion .. and other than money (which is only one part of the equation), there is no reason for them to do so....but you being a Texas fan, it makes sense that you'd have these opinions. Texas and the Big 12 would definitely benefit from them joining .. just not sure that it would be a good move for those two teams.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TV packages is part of the "the only good argument is the money argument" and no university is going to make this BIG of a call based purely on the opinion that they're not at the top of the conference pecking order (behind the tobacco road schools). If FSU has a problem with that or not getting their own 3rd tier football rights, they need to take a really close look at the politics in the Big12 and where the money is at. Texas ABSOLUTELY RUNS that conference and the money is SO lopsided that everyone was trying to bag ass from the Big 12 a year ago. The only problem was that most of them couldn't find a new home.

Anyhow, how many Duke or UNC bball games do you think WON'T get picked up by 1st or 2nd tier? If anything, the other schools could benefit from this more than the NC schools (ESPN/Raycom couldn't give a crap about a VT basketball game but one of them will sure as hell pick up a Duke game). The caveat though is that UNC and Duke would get MUCH more money from a 3rd tier game than the rest of the conference ..

And though you might have a point about the ACC not getting into a playoff (if it were) .. that includes FSU and Clemson. Neither one of them can consistently win the ACC .. how much do you really think that'll change in the big12 against significantly stiffer competition?? They already both get top 10 recruiting classes every year, so there would be no increased recruiting advantage to going to the big12.

Obviously some brass at FSU is a little upset about it .. and understandably so .. but that doesn't mean that it will come to be. They'll take a look .. and maybe they'll jump, maybe not ..

Like I said .. your arguments aren't bad .. but to imply that it would be a "no-brainer" for FSU to move to Big 12 is total opinion .. and other than money (which is only one part of the equation), there is no reason for them to do so....but you being a Texas fan, it makes sense that you'd have these opinions. Texas and the Big 12 would definitely benefit from them joining .. just not sure that it would be a good move for those two teams.

nebraska says hi and so does texas a&m :wave:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are just talking pointless non-sense the money in the big 12 was never (as you put it SO lopsided) the difference from top to bottom of the revenue split was a total of 2 mil....i will have to go dbl check but i think thats what i remember......

.and it doesnt matter how many wont get picked up its the fact that the contract favors basketball more than football(havent read you link yet)

also i dont care if fsu/clemson ever win the big 12.....they will bring money to the conference regardless

and again these are not my sole opinions this is being said by a bunch of people.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and FYI ... looks like the 3rd tier basketball argument was a bunch of bologna anyhow .. probably just some bullshit started by a message board poster somewhere :)

FSU to Big 12? ACC meetings to answer ? USATODAY.com

yeah that seems to be false....it wasnt like that in the old contract was it?
said it was just like the old contract and espn owns all football/basketball games

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 2008-09 Revenue Sharing
1. Oklahoma, $12.2 million
2. Texas, $11.8 million
3. Kansas, $11.5 million
4. Missouri, $10.4 million
5. Texas A&M, $10.2 million
6. Oklahoma State, $10.0 million
7. Colorado, $9.77 million
8. Nebraska, $9.73 million
9. Texas Tech, $9.2 million
10. Baylor, $9.1 million
11. Iowa State, $8.9 million
12. Kansas State, $8.4 million

memory was a little off...guessing i was thinking 2 mil from middle to bottom/top

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that last sentence sounds a lot like "staying together for the kids" champy......screw the kids get a divorce :)

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't have a preference one way or they other, I just post articles I find pertaining to the subject. Don't think I'm trying to "argue" for FSU staying in the ACC ;)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i know your not.....sparko is the only one i see "arguing" for them not to leave.....its gonna be interesting these next few weeks....does vt leave,miami???

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i know your not.....sparko is the only one i see "arguing" for them not to leave.....its gonna be interesting these next few weeks....does vt leave,miami???

I'm reading that Miami wants to tag along with FSU.