• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you are just talking pointless non-sense the money in the big 12 was never (as you put it SO lopsided) the difference from top to bottom of the revenue split was a total of 2 mil....i will have to go dbl check but i think thats what i remember......
try again .. it's more than 2 million .. saw that you did doublecheck that .. and you'd be pretty pissed if you were a non-texas big12 fan .. even is even (like every other conference) .. they still have their own ridiculous 3rd tier football rights .. which in the case of texas .. is ridiculously lopsided .. the acc, however, does not give up 3rd tier football rights to the schools = even steven

.and it doesnt matter how many wont get picked up its the fact that the contract favors basketball more than football(havent read you link yet)
...based on several articles that i've read, that's not true

also i dont care if fsu/clemson ever win the big 12.....they will bring money to the conference regardless
i never said that it wouldn't benefit every other team in the big12 for fsu and clemson to join .. i'm saying that it wouldn't be a no-brainer for those two schools

and again these are not my sole opinions this is being said by a bunch of people.....
... yep and they're founded opinions .. but many share my opinion too

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm not arguing for them not to leave .. just saying that there are plenty of good reasons for them not to leave? just saying that it's not all about the money .. but it's all about plenty of things .. money being one of them. if the sec came calling, both of these teams would be gone tomorrow ... just not quite as much of a no-brainer with the big12 .. and we can't compare the big east happenings with this because of two things:

1. the remaining big east is in sure panic-mode
2. the teams moving to the big east in football are mid-majors trying to make their way into a better situation and weren't offered by any other conference (boise state would've rather been in the big12, sd state in the pac12)

and as far as vt goes .. i think they could go to the sec and possibly even the big10 .. they're one of the few teams who are a "decent fit" for both. just my two cents .. but IF (and that's a big if) the acc were to self-destruct, i'd expect maryland and possibly uva to end up in the B1G, VT in the SEC/B1G ... some have said that GT could end up in the B1G .. a NC school to end up in the SEC and 1-2 in the B1G .. who knows .. I think that VT is in a good position and keeping their cards close (their president and AD are pretty tight-lipped about it) << but don't think for a second that they're not talking about contingency plans. I think they'd rather stay where they are but if they feel "forced" to move, they will .. and I don't think politics/UVA will have too much weight on that. They're two very different schools

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four major conferences are going to survive this. Three are the PAC 12, B1G and SEC. The fourth will either be a conference along the entire Eastern seaboard, encompassing multiple historically relevant and powerful teams, rich top notch established universities and has expanded since this all began. The other is tied to one ginormous, historically legendary and über rich school, who has had a couple lean years and their cohorts and has already lost two big name schools to other conferences and a third smaller school and responded by adding West Virginia and ANOTHER Texas school.

Take a step back from third Tier rights (highly overblown unless you have a deal to utilize them, like Texas and OU) and blog rumors and look at the whole picture.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nebraska says hi and so does texas a&m :wave:

and you just confirmed the point that i'm trying to make. does it seem that the acc caters to UNC and Duke?? Yes -- in many ways. But trust me, Texas has much more leverage on the Big12 than UNC/Duke collectively have on the ACC ... and that's why Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Mizzou finally said g'bye

The ACC has done nothing but expand. They grabbed (likely) the best two options available to them at the time, based on their criteria. If they are able to hold on to their current universities and pick up Notre Dame, they'll be just fine.

I'm not blaming the Big 12 for trying to get FSU and Clemson -- just saying that I don't think that it happens. I'd say 75% chance they both stay put.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
maybe if we can start some "Notre Dame and Penn State to the ACC" rumors, it'll happen.

Now that .... would kick ass .... for the ACC

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four major conferences are going to survive this. Three are the PAC 12, B1G and SEC.

The fourth will either be a conference along the entire Eastern seaboard, encompassing multiple historically relevant and powerful teams, rich top notch established universities and has expanded since this all began.

A new ACC.

The other is tied to one ginormous, historically legendary and über rich school, who has had a couple lean years and their cohorts and has already lost two big name schools to other conferences and a third smaller school and responded by adding West Virginia and ANOTHER Texas school.

A new Big12

Forget a lot of what I have been saying :shocked:

Srsly?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four major conferences are going to survive this. Three are the PAC 12, B1G and SEC. The fourth will either be a conference along the entire Eastern seaboard, encompassing multiple historically relevant and powerful teams, rich top notch established universities and has expanded since this all began. The other is tied to one ginormous, historically legendary and über rich school, who has had a couple lean years and their cohorts and has already lost two big name schools to other conferences and a third smaller school and responded by adding West Virginia and ANOTHER Texas school.

Take a step back from third Tier rights (highly overblown unless you have a deal to utilize them, like Texas and OU) and blog rumors and look at the whole picture.

and has been considered the 2nd best football conference by many for awhile...also has some rising programs that could stay strong....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not arguing for them not to leave .. just saying that there are plenty of good reasons for them not to leave? just saying that it's not all about the money .. but it's all about plenty of things .. money being one of them. if the sec came calling, both of these teams would be gone tomorrow ... just not quite as much of a no-brainer with the big12 .. and we can't compare the big east happenings with this because of two things:

1. the remaining big east is in sure panic-mode
2. the teams moving to the big east in football are mid-majors trying to make their way into a better situation and weren't offered by any other conference (boise state would've rather been in the big12, sd state in the pac12)

and as far as vt goes .. i think they could go to the sec and possibly even the big10 .. they're one of the few teams who are a "decent fit" for both. just my two cents .. but IF (and that's a big if) the acc were to self-destruct, i'd expect maryland and possibly uva to end up in the B1G, VT in the SEC/B1G ... some have said that GT could end up in the B1G .. a NC school to end up in the SEC and 1-2 in the B1G .. who knows .. I think that VT is in a good position and keeping their cards close (their president and AD are pretty tight-lipped about it) << but don't think for a second that they're not talking about contingency plans. I think they'd rather stay where they are but if they feel "forced" to move, they will .. and I don't think politics/UVA will have too much weight on that. They're two very different schools

well with 46&2's new posts who knows wtf is going......with some of the stuff he has said i am guessing the acc stays as a super basketball league and the football schools join other conferences for "football only"

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU President Barron is reluctant to pull the trigger on the move but the Board of Trustees is going to force him. His job security is at risk.

A FSU booster has agreed to cover whatever is left of the ACC buyout after the Big 12 helps out.

FSU will likely move first with Clemson to follow.

Georgia Tech was originally not open to moving but has recently began to talk to the Big 12.

All ACC schools with football championship aspirations are worried.

FSU has made demands of the ACC that the ACC can't possibly agree to thus clearing the way for FSU to leave.

^^^ got this from another site (shaggy)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Texas and OU still are fighting hard behind the scenes to keep the Big 12 at only 12 teams
- FSU is done and has been a done deal for a while.
- Lots of options for the 12th school and those are still being sorted out

AND......

.......after all of my talk about how Texas and OU would NEVER allow the Texas and Oklahoma schools to be split up, he said that Texas and OU are now open to exploring different divisional alignments in which the Texas and/or Oklahoma schools are split up. He didn't explain why - and I wish he had because I look silly after really ripping some people on this board over this very issue. Oh well.....

also from the shag.....no idea how accurate any of this is just passing it on

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be surprised if Texas/OU ever put themselves in a position where they may not potentially play EVERY year (same as Bama/Auburn and Michigan/tOSU) .. They could be split into separate divisions but if they were, there would be some type of cross-division rivalry game every season. There's too much rivalry and $$$ in the Red-River-Shootout to ever let that game go .. and back to my point in your other thread .. Texas and OU call the shots in the Big12 .. always have, always will

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont see any of those being an actual sticking point.....most of those are just his personal ramblings

to the travel expenses it has been posted in this thread that the big 12 covers travel expenses for its teams(havent verified but that is what edisto posted)and the money will be more than just 3 mil different with fsu/clemson???

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the academic side cutting 25% off budget now,or is he saying they might with the move?????