• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the realignment chaos begin again!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke to some pretty well connected people and this is a bluff (at this point). There is no real heat to this movement at all. All of the talk and interest is coming from the Big XII and strictly speculation. It is a bait for Notre Dame.

Sorry, for now.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke to some pretty well connected people and this is a bluff (at this point). There is no real heat to this movement at all. All of the talk and interest is coming from the Big XII and strictly speculation. It is a bait for Notre Dame.

Sorry, for now.

I'm hearing the same as you, 46.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, for now.

Thanks for the info. I guess have to put the :pop2: away for now

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think there is any truth to this rumor.

Why would anyone leave for the Big XII? The same conference that has lost three founding members in the past year?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its happening..... do you think fsu likes cutting their budget because they cant afford to keep up with bama,florida and other southern schools.the acc didnt help themselves football wise with the last expansion(pitt&cuse)and fsu,clemson and other "football" schools should be looking to leave if they want a shot at the play-off money.the four teams will come from the big,pac,sec and big 12most likely since the acc has done nothing during the bcs era

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, for now.

there is no way notre dame ends up in the Big XII. if they go anywhere, it will be to the B1G because of the existing perennial games.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think ND will ever go to the big......will the big give up embryonic stem cell research to get ND

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why this place is boring now ......nobody wants to talk about actual topics and respond with this asinine crap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to find a follow-up on this, but most of the stories are about rumors, in other words these articles are 'rumors about rumors'. I stumbled on this one, by some guy who calls himself 'Mr. Sec'.

I also know media folks from across the country who are tapped into these same schools on the local level. In addition, this site has connections to some of the biggest companies in college sports (companies that handle everything from schools’ local media deals to their ticket sales to their public relations).

That’s not to brag, everyone’s got sources and — as noted above — some are better than others. But I mention those sources for this reason: I’ve yet to speak to anyone who seriously believes Clemson and Florida State will wind up in the Big 12. Or that another Big Bang of conference expansion is on the way.

And I thought this might open a can of worms here:

Now, that’s not to say messageboards are useless. Sometimes stories can really break in those kinds of places. But we’re usually talking about “Our quarterback got busted for smoking dope” type stories and not “Clemson will sign a binding letter of agreement with the Big 12 in Dallas on May 20th” type stories.

We take ‘em with a grain of salt. Many feel the same way about the myriad of websites out there. We do, too