• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

already read that before,but none of that crap matters.....the acc will lose tons of money if and when they are left out of the play-off picture 2-13 in bcs bowls will do that. the whole point about this is money and fsu is struggling for cash with their athletic department because the acc doesnt make what the sec,b1g,pac and big 12 make and they wont with their "basketball" conference

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the final numbers on the new acc deal came out....17 mil per school

:wave: to fsu/clemson see ya soon

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already read that before,but none of that crap matters.....the acc will lose tons of money if and when they are left out of the play-off picture 2-13 in bcs bowls will do that. the whole point about this is money and fsu is struggling for cash with their athletic department because the acc doesnt make what the sec,b1g,pac and big 12 make and they wont with their "basketball" conference

Did you read the link I posted after that?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is just his speculation like all the others.....and the rumored new big 12 deal with the expansion is said to be 25-30 mil per team so it will almost dbl the new acc deal if it is on the high end

and to the espn point if/when fsu clemson leave their is a blog or something i read to the effects that would also be in espns favor because they would get better match-ups from the big 12 and also keep the acc "content" for its network and a cheaper price.which will be a win for them since the acc strength is basketball and has tons of good games for tv

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On the other hand, Chadd Scott from ChuckOliver.net insists FSU shouldn't consider the Big 12, bringing up the Big 12's lesser "academics" (but arguing for the Noles to head to the SEC, where "the academics" are also lesser than the ACC) and describing the ACC as a Southern football conference better suited to FSU's culture despite the ACC's membership including Boston College, Syracuse and Pittsburgh. Scott also worries FSU fans would become "disengaged" with the Big 12's schedule, largely due to travel distances, though the first commenter points out Big 12 travel and ACC travel could end up being right around the same, depending on who else the Big 12 brought in. Scott also sort of brushes over money, which should probably be discussion item No. 1 at all times.

So! Now that this is Officially A Topic, what do we think?"

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see.....but the "logic" behind the move is legit......acc doesnt make the same amount of money as the others.The play-off structure will only widen the gap between the conferences,especially if some conferences are getting 2 in the play-offs every couple of years or so

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and also like one guy wrote....realignment talk takes place in a dark,shadowy place so if the deal falls apart none of the schools will admit they were having talks and everyone(like before) just goes on thinking it was made up on the internet

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah but you have to consider the bottom line .. travel etc .. for all sports when figuring in, not just the tv costs. And there are other things not being discussed, such as academic/research funding (how would this change?), disengagement of fans (like 46 mentioned) ... but if it did happen, I'd look for some ACC teams to start scattering like roaches to the Big10, SEC, and possible 1 or 2 more to the Big 12 .. I hope it doesn't happen .. I don't think it will but no one from Clemson or FSU has come out and publicly denied that talks are taking place which starts making me wonder << as this rumor is really starting to heat up .. If Clemson and FSU aren't talking, it would be in the ACC's best interests for them to put this rumor to bed.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the travel point....i have seen somewhere in one of the articles/comments that fsu and clemsons travel will be very similar to what they travel in the acc.....pitt,bc,syracuse,etc arent really close to florida either

and also this is all about $$$ and the money being rumored will almost dbl the acc $$$

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see.....but the "logic" behind the move is legit......acc doesnt make the same amount of money as the others.The play-off structure will only widen the gap between the conferences,especially if some conferences are getting 2 in the play-offs every couple of years or so

The "logic" behind Oklahoma to the SEC was solid too... okladixie.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is the single largest content provider to all of the ESPN networks, whether college or pro.

Let that sink in for a moment. The ACC provides more live content to ESPN than the NFL, Major League Baseball, NBA, SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12. So, do you really think ESPN wants the ACC to lose anyone, much less actually enable another league (the Big 12) to poach Jim Swofford’s gang? Is ESPN going to want to trade an entire slate of Florida State games that’s guaranteed annually in order to receive only a handful of tier 1 Seminole games that’s variable from year-to-year? Well, for all of the talk about how sexy of a matchup Florida State vs. Texas would be, check out the number of times that FSU vs. Miami appears on the list of highest rated games in the history of ESPN. Since many sports fans tend to forget the existence of anything that happened beyond one year ago, they have forgotten how strong the ACC has been as a TV property over the long haul.

No one knows how much ESPN can single-handedly shape conference realignment more than the Big 12. There’s one reason why Texas and Oklahoma aren’t in the Pac-16 today: the Longhorn Network. ESPN was willing to pay Texas $15 million per year alone for bottom-of-the-barrel TV rights just so that its limited tier 1 Big 12 package would be kept alive. So, my educated guess is that ESPN is going to be more than willing to throw at least an extra $30 million per year toward its single largest content provider of the ACC to make it at least revenue neutral on the TV front (where it’s close enough to the value of the Big 12’s TV deal that any difference would be offset by higher travel expenses) or even more to remove any doubt that the ACC is on equal standing with the other power conferences.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn will still have all the acc "content" though champy like i said earlier and they will have it at possibly a cheaper price while also adding games like wvu-fsu,tcu-fsu,fsu-texas,okla-fsu and more..... so they will have better match-ups for their football line-up(miami maybe coming later) and still get the acc basketball content at a reduced price

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn will still have all the acc "content" though champy like i said earlier and they will have it at possibly a cheaper price while also adding games like wvu-fsu,tcu-fsu,fsu-texas,okla-fsu and more..... so they will have better match-ups for their football line-up(miami maybe coming later) and still get the acc basketball content at a reduced price

Well I guess since you made it up and posted it on a message board that makes it true.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really but it is a train of thought sir......you do know that the new acc deal is done and already been released right.....17 mil per school that is the new deal with pitt/syracuse. that is a very small increase and it doesnt help the acc at all in football.the acc is falling behind sec,big,big 12,pac and will fall behind even more if/when the play-offs come.Any school that wants to be a power in football might very soon have to leave the acc.Also the espn deal like you said controls rights for tier 1-3 so that means no acc network like the pac,b1g and i think the sec/big 12 or working on one also(big 12 would be an opt-in one so the schools have the option of joining if they want)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"$17 million it would make annually through 2027 in the ACC, which will share revenue equally on everything except third-tier basketball rights. Those will still belong to each school under the new ESPN-ACC agreement."

--yeah i bet fsu,clemson,vt and others love the fact that they dont have 3rd tier football rights yet unc,duke,'cuse and others get to make money off of their basketball rights

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to the travel point....i have seen somewhere in one of the articles/comments that fsu and clemsons travel will be very similar to what they travel in the acc.....pitt,bc,syracuse,etc arent really close to florida either

and also this is all about $$$ and the money being rumored will almost dbl the acc $$$

bone -- you're coming off as a big of a troll .. give it a rest ..

travel the same for fsu/big12 as it is fsu/acc ?? i just eyeballed a map ... with the exception of syracuse, pittsburgh, and boston college .. virtually every acc team is closer (or relatively as close) as the CLOSEST big12 venues (oklahoma and texas) .. i know it's not quite that simple .. and maybe the travel for the teams, etc...would be similar .. but not the fans .. whatever the case << that's a push at best for the big12

this is about the $$$ ??? don't think so buddy .. if all of this were all about the money, texas would be in the pac12 and oklahoma would be in the sec by now ... don't be foolish to think that ... there are many other things that figure into this as well.

acc losing chance in the upcoming playoff?? you pretend to know how the playoff is going to work .. odds and rumors are that it will be one of the following two:

1. top 4 ... period ... regardless of conference affiliation
2. top 4 ... with preference going to conference champions in the top 6

for option 2 .. in other words .. if two sec teams are in the top 6 (one being the conf champ) and there are 3 other conf champs in the top 6, the non-champ sec team gets left out .. depending on the circumstances (when the loss occurred, who the loss occurred to, remaining SOS), a 1-loss acc champ could certainly end up in the top 6 ... an undefeated acc champ DEFINITELY would end up in the top 6 (probably 4)

the big12 payout being double what the acc's now is (34 million)??? i'll believe that when i see it .. maybe if all was equal but fact of the matter is everyone is texas's bitch in the big12 .. oklahoma being the first bitch.

i'm not going to sit here and say that i'm happy with the acc's last expansion choices .. syracuse and pitt .. but given all of the things to consider (not just money), they were probably the best two options .. and it's pretty well known the MAIN reason they were both selected, to try to help reel in Notre Dame .. If the ACC could land Notre Dame, their payout would probably increase at least 3-5 million per year per team just from that.

your arguments aren't terrible .. but some of them are a big stretch buddy

Last edited by a moderator: