• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? He clearly did not have possession to the ground, which is what you have to do when you catch it in midair. You talk about two "steps"- but: 1. He never had firm footing in either step. He was just trying to regain balance, which he clearly never did; and 2. Even if we reject 1, he bobbled the ball before the steps and did not gain full position until after the steps. Thus, the steps are irrelevant.

I would have taken 1/25 odds on that call have you given it to me. There are plenty of calls which I say are close calls. Last week's PI call was a very close call. This wasn't. I'm not sure why you can't see that.

He didn't have possession while he was falling to the ground?!

Was he bobbling it while falling?

I've watched it as a completely unbiased viewer about 50 times now and he had the ball completely in control while going down. But it's the fact that you have to "make a football move" that ended up screwing him over.

It was THAT close. If he just would have made any bit of a football move, it would have been a catch.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the fuck out of here with the "it wasn't even close" bullshit.

You're just looking for attention....just wanting to stand out among the rest of us.

It was CLOSE. They didn't just look at the replay and turn it over in 2 seconds. They took their time.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Texas Jefe Just like last week, everyone is going to harp on that one play.

One play does not make the difference in a game. Just doesnt.

Anyone arguing over one play is just spitting in the wind.

Or the non-call on the push off on Golden Tate vs Green Bay and the refs being mentally challenged to call that a TD and not an INT....that one play changed everything.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the rule is borderline but the call was not. It penalizes a player for making a great play. Earl Thomas had an interception yesterday that was just as close but the ball also touched the ground.
Don't recall the play but touching the ground is not the point of emphasis rather does the ball move after touching the ground.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Immaculate Reception disagrees with you.

As does, "The Catch".

Oh, and that DPI call made by Fred Sweringin that gave Lynn Swann the catch deep down field in SB XIII. That's one Cowboy fans - to this day - say the ref got wrong.

I could go on for hours on this - but I think you get the point.

One play, especially if it occurs late enough in the game, can make the difference.

Hence the reason we went back to instant replay.
:agree:

They even have an acronym for them. They call them GAP's for 'Game Altering Plays'. :nod:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray cost them the game with his fumble and he deserves more blame than anyone.

Put it all on Romo. He thought about a fumble before the play, and look what happened!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Texas Jefe Just like last week, everyone is going to harp on that one play.

One play does not make the difference in a game. Just doesnt.

Anyone arguing over one play is just spitting in the wind.

Or the non-call on the push off on Golden Tate vs Green Bay and the refs being mentally challenged to call that a TD and not an INT....that one play changed everything.

okay, everybody forget I said that, lol.

I guess what I should have said is this:

I'm not going to cry over one play the officials determine. Not going to do it.

There is an entire game going on beside that one play. Many, many plays, Many decisions, good and bad. Many missed calls.

I'm not going to celebrate or cry over one play.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this one hurts, but still not going to bitch about it. WHy? Because there's not a damn thing I can do to change it.

just going to watch this other game and try to forget that play. And also try to forget that 3rd and 1 in the first half that Dallas botched, led to a FG attempt that failed, and then a GB field goal to end the half.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, everybody forget I said that, lol.

I guess what I should have said is this:

I'm not going to cry over one play the officials determine. Not going to do it.

There is an entire game going on beside that one play. Many, many plays, Many decisions, good and bad. Many missed calls.

I'm not going to celebrate or cry over one play.
I completely understand this however I won't harp on others who do. (Not that I'm aware if you have or not, it's not my point)

I will though, most likely have a lot of fun with those that do when they do it. :lol:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this one hurts, but still not going to bitch about it. WHy? Because there's not a damn thing I can do to change it.

just going to watch this other game and try to forget that play. And also try to forget that 3rd and 1 in the first half that Dallas botched, led to a FG attempt that failed, and then a GB field goal to end the half.

What? You refuse to drive yourself crazy over something you have no control over?

That a couple of retards in zebra stripes can change in an instant?

Welcome to my world Jefe, I been rationalizing my fanship for so fucking long, lest I completely lose it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where the rule goes gray....how much is a stretch? If that were the pats in NE it would be enough of a stretch.

No, it wouldn't have. It would have been called the same way whoever it was. It was the right call. Ifhe stretched it over the plane, it still wouldn't have mattered at all. It's not gray.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You refuse to drive yourself crazy over something you have no control over?

That a couple of retards in zebra stripes can change in an instant?

Welcome to my world Jefe, I been rationalizing my fanship for so fucking long, lest I completely lose it.

believe me, if you'd have been watching the game with me, I was hollering at the refs. But you really have to look at the entire game, imo.

Now, if this was Texas CFB game? I'm completely irrational, and probably would have smashed my remote or something.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twas a great effort by Bryant though, wasnt it? Completely insane.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wouldn't have. It would have been called the same way whoever it was. It was the right call. Ifhe stretched it over the plane, it still wouldn't have mattered at all. It's not gray.

So a stretch to score isn't a football move now? Or is it because he didn't have control of the ball long enough? What constitutes long enough? IMO the rules a little gray. I agree with this call but if he had the ability and control of the ball to dive across the goal line it has to be a catch and TD similar to when a running back does this.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations GB fans. It was a tough game that as always a play or two made the difference. But Dallas did well this year which was a surprise in itself.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old rule was better. 2 feet = catch. More catches & fumbles that way, but a lot less controversy too. Sometimes simpler is better. Maybe even most of the time.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on the big stage now being Cowboys and the playoffs but some of the bad team in league . Raiders, Jaguars etc get calls like this every week. Nobody bats an eye because they end up losing by 30 points