• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 NE Patriots vs Green Bay Packers Saturday 8/19/2023 8:00 PM NFLN

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think , don't know for sure, that I can get it tonight on Sunday Ticket. I'll play with it a bit.

Or you can switch to Verizon and get Sunday Ticket for free. Are they also paying the YouTube TV subscription?

Why aren't customers who've been with them since 1994 getting free Sunday Ticket???

Friggin' Mobile Phone companies are getting so desperate for new customers that they'll do anything and screw existing customers.

AT&T was offering new iphone 14 up to 5 subscribers on a single account. I went over and asked for it. New customers only. I asked, "Is AT&T saying fuck you to existing customers?" He says that I have to understand that it's a way to get new customers to buy into a three year deal.
So I say, "How about cancelling my phone, internet and DirecTV?" Then he goes into panic mode and says that his manager can only do that and he was on vacation. It's all a swindle. Ain't nuthin free. Now I'm getting twenty five "Thank you for being an AT&T Customet with a dozen new deals at a discount ........................in the teeny tiny print ..... Three Year Extended Confirmation of Service We'll bump that price back up next year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots got a break with a bad center snap iver the head of Love. Stevenson took it in. Pats 7-0

Packers cam back two series later with a great catch for a 48 yard gain with Bolden defending. It pumped them up and Love hit rookie Reed for a TD. Secondary isn't looking very good.

Patriots have a great drive going and move down to the Packer 32. Mac forgets that there's another team on the field for the second time, gets hit and coughs up the ball. Packers go 64 yards nd it's 14-7 Packers as I type.

#7 Bolden has been torched.

Bill's had enough of matt. Zappe's in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe goes three and out.

Seconds and back ups are in for the Pack.

Patriots have not been making any decent tackles tonight and have missed or blown tackles.

Would have thought that the bad tart by the Pack and the ensuing TD might have pumped up the Patriots.

Patriots get a 1st and 10 with 2:15 left in half. 3 TOs left. What does BB do? Lets the clock run down to 2:00. WTF???

Team is moving the ball and he throws a bucket of ice water on them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe hits Boutte with a laser strike and Boutte cuts through four Packers and takes it 42 yards for the tying TD

14-14.

Horrible call. Gonzalez gets pushed, the Patriots get an INT and the GB announcers can't believe it.

Patriots are giving up huge chunks of yardage with less than 40 seconds.

11 seconds to go on the Patriots 34 3rd and 5. 4th and 5 GB will try a 52 yard FG. 7 seconds.

17-14

Patriots get the ball to start the 2nd half.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe did a good job moving the Patriots from their own 10 to the GB 38. The O-Line falters and things fall apart. Zappe gets sacked to end the drive.

Bolden misses another tackle for 15.

Pats ST have been bad. Every Punt someone holds. They get good field position and now they're back inside the 15. This team does not have the line to drive 88 yards w/o breaking down.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tuned in at the half...all I want to see is Cunningham at QB...he was fun last week...and yes, I'm a Packers' fan

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe takes the team on a 17 play 8:39 drive. Thay stall at the Packer 7.

4th and 2. BB calls a time out after the quarter ends but the officials decide that it still has 3 seconds.

Zappe fakes the pass and runs it in to end the quarter.

21-17 Patriots

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe put together a nice drive there...not sure what the time out was all about...but TD

I'm not sure when outside contain became not important, some time back when Dom Capers was the Packers D-coord...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have some IR stashing happening here?

Bad time to post that as I wasn't talking about the Pats dude that got lit up on that

Last edited:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over...not like it really matters...but hate to see guys laying on the field like that...hope he's ok

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots Win 21-17

BUT.......................................

Game was suspended by coaches agreement.

Isaiah Bolden was seriously injured.

Three Packers were injured tonight. Then....................

Bolden was trying to make a tackle, missed and was run into as he was going to the ground. He took a nasty hit to the head that may broken his neck. All the medical staff of both teams were on the field for a long time. Then the coaches were out observing what was being done. Bolden was strapped about ten times from his feet to shoulders. His helmet was not removed and his head was placed between two huge blue cushions and was strapped tight. He was lifted onto a stretcher and placed on a cart and taken slowly off the field.

Referee came out to midfield and announced. "Ladies and gentlemen, By mutual agreement of both head coaches, this game is suspended."

In my opinion, it was the right thing to do. I'm sure that the play will be shown again. Tough way to win or lose a game

me? I'm going to bed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe put together a nice drive there...not sure what the time out was all about...but TD
Bill did not want to go for it on 4th down if the defense got 6 minutes rest for end of half.
When 3 seconds were put back on the clock, Bill decided to go for it. Thus the timeout.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots were playing (almost) exclusively with players who will be cut.
These players were playing with reckless abandon.
I wonder if that was part of the reason for coaches agreeing to suspend?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
medium_icon

New England Patriots
Staff

The New England Patriots have issued the following statements on Isaiah Bolden.
Update: Saturday, August 19 at 12:37 AM
"Patriots cornerback Isaiah Bolden will be held overnight at a local hospital in Green Bay for observation. To set expectations, we plan to provide an update on his condition by 9 a.m. ET on Sunday."
Update: Saturday, August 19 at 11:37 PM
"Patriots cornerback Isaiah Bolden sustained an injury during the fourth quarter of tonight's game. He had feeling in all his extremities, but has been taken to a local hospital for further tests and observation."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots were playing (almost) exclusively with players who will be cut.
These players were playing with reckless abandon.
I wonder if that was part of the reason for coaches agreeing to suspend?
In previous years, there were cutdown days after every preseason week to gradually trim rosters down from 90 to 53. That rule changed for 2023, as there's now just one date when teams must get to 53 players: Tuesday, Aug. 29.

Players can be traded or cut before Aug. 29, but there is no rule requiring teams to gradually make moves anymore. A team could theoretically carry 90 players throughout the entire preseason -- but it would then have to cut 37 players on the cut day.

Since this is the first year without multiple cut days, it's unclear how each team will handle the process of setting its regular season roster.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there were no comments about the pi called on Gonzalez. There was neither PI nor OPI there. Both players made light contact but only because the other player was in the path of the ball.

Every PI should get a quick review and those deemed suspect possibly subject to a longer review. The rush to run plays would need to be prohibited but that action is only useful for stealing calls. A normal play call is enough time for the initial review.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there were no comments about the pi called on Gonzalez. There was neither PI nor OPI there. Both players made light contact but only because the other player was in the path of the ball.

Every PI should get a quick review and those deemed suspect possibly subject to a longer review. The rush to run plays would need to be prohibited but that action is only useful for stealing calls. A normal play call is enough time for the initial review.
Zappe hits Boutte with a laser strike and Boutte cuts through four Packers and takes it 42 yards for the tying TD

14-14.

Horrible call. Gonzalez gets pushed, the Patriots get an INT and the GB announcers can't believe it.

Patriots are giving up huge chunks of yardage with less than 40 seconds.

11 seconds to go on the Patriots 34 3rd and 5. 4th and 5 GB will try a 52 yard FG. 7 seconds.

17-14

Patriots get the ball to start the 2nd half.
I don't think enough people had a chance to watch this game. If I get pushed to NFL+ again, I'm going to try to hook up the iPad to the TV.
My iPad is about 10 years old and the quality of the picture isn't the best.

You're probably right about the pushing, BUT, when an offensive player pushes and has an arm extended, 98% of the calls will be OPI. IMO, the offensive WR was pushing off and should have been called. Just have to accept a homefield non-call.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe came out trying too hard and flopped immediately. BOB sat down with him after the first series and he was much, much better from then on.
Zap was 10/12 117 yards and a TD.

BB cannot be happy with this group of offensive linemen. Left side was outstanding. The right side was sieve. Didn't matter who was there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think enough people had a chance to watch this game. If I get pushed to NFL+ again, I'm going to try to hook up the iPad to the TV.
My iPad is about 10 years old and the quality of the picture isn't the best.

You're probably right about the pushing, BUT, when an offensive player pushes and has an arm extended, 98% of the calls will be OPI. IMO, the offensive WR was pushing off and should have been called. Just have to accept a homefield non-call.
This is a subtle distinction, but the push off seemed like more bracing for the contact. But that's not the point I was trying to make. If OPI/PI is a coin flip it should be a no call and a quick review could sort that out with the emphasis on short.