• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs Miami Dolphins Sunday October 29, 2023 1:00 PM (CBS)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oyyy not the ole "The Refs Screwed US" theme again.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

While watching the Chargers and Bears last night I noticed a Chargers O Lineman holding over and over again, no calls. Bears Offense came out on the field, suddenly the refs can see holding.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

While watching the Chargers and Bears last night I noticed a Chargers O Lineman holding over and over again, no calls. Bears Offense came out on the field, suddenly the refs can see holding.
I get that some conspiracy theorists exist, I get that. I just don't think any refs do that on purpose, and rarely do I think it has any outcome on the game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the comedy of the fix being in despite the Dolphins really not needing it. On back to back series Bourne was called for a hold and Waddle passed on the exact outside shoulder tug as the play passed by. The the third down stop bailed out by a phantom PI, only to be made up by a missed PI on a first from the one. Then the Godchaux hold which replays made look worse (and the president is DLine holds are usually blockers being pull away from a play). The lack of balance between calls was evident all game.
This was a make-up game for the refs.
They called all the penalties against Miami last week and they deliberately softened.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. My kid had a baseball game yesterday and occasionally I checked here and NFL.com for updates. I can see why some might find it annoying but I'm good with it.
I'm ambivalent about it. Don't need it and don't read it but it does not bother me......

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if BK does his play by play. Just get the names and fact straight. He called Mostart (Achane). He called Waddle (Hill) and botched who's getting the ball first in the second half. Probably more…. Those just stood out.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was that NOT helmet to helmet? I just don't get it! I thought the league was really into "player safety"
And the one that wasn't helmet to helmet was called.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly the Miami Dolphins have been elevated to "The Best Team In The AFC" today after the Chiefs got spanked in Denver.

Bills, Chiefs and Bengals have been relegated to also ran status.

I can't wait for the Chiefs and Dolphins next Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats were looking like they were in the game yesterday, until they just weren't.
Mac looked like he was in the game until the Dolphins tied it and he swallowed his tongue and couldn't cough it out.

Sadly the kid doesn't know how to play from behind. He just can't find a way to dig down and pull the offense together. He gets an "AWWW SHIT" look and then plays like he's defeated. He may be beyond reclamation.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the weeks when I am not able to see the games, I appreciate being able to read the commentary, even if it is the next day. Not quite the same as listening to a transistor radio because I can look away for 20 minutes and then pick it back up, but I feel a real emotion and the energy of the game while reading your posts that is just not there when reading the post game results on some paid website.

I would greatly appreciate if you would continue.
Really? You have no way to listen to the game on PC or radio! You would rather have a thread inundated with play by play txt?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again refs miss calls, it happens.

Yes it certainly does and I know that call wouldn't mean a win or anything like that but when "safety" is concerned and the league being so "worried" about it.... You'd think they'd call that for sure

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that some conspiracy theorists exist, I get that. I just don't think any refs do that on purpose, and rarely do I think it has any outcome on the game.
I wholly think that some refs do it. With bias towards one team or another.

I also think some refs let a little bit go intentionally to "Let them play", and then flag something a bit more egregious as if to say, yes, it's a physical sport but don't get out of hand..

On the flip side there are others that just let shit fly while others let everything go.

In other words they are a representation of the population that they recruit from.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it certainly does and I know that call wouldn't mean a win or anything like that but when "safety" is concerned and the league being so "worried" about it.... You'd think they'd call that for sure
But they can't call what they don't see. Again I feel like this is something NY should review and buzz the ref.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholly think that some refs do it. With bias towards one team or another.

I also think some refs let a little bit go intentionally to "Let them play", and then flag something a bit more egregious as if to say, yes, it's a physical sport but don't get out of hand..

On the flip side there are others that just let shit fly while others let everything go.

In other words they are a representation of the population that they recruit from.
Oyy okay.