• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Miami Dolphins vs NE Patriots Sunday 9/17/2023 8:25 PM EST NBC

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Mac time to show us your chops. The D giving you another chance with 2 min left

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame. Guys played hearts out, but again, many mistakes.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has fight and players, but they don’t make best of opportunities, etc.
disappointing, but not so much. There will be blood :)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright spots:

- Gonzalez is a stud, he pretty much shut down Hill, and that INT was very nice.

- Mac works well with no huddle and quick offense. But …

- That punt block and the play is fantastic, it will be copied by other teams

….

Negatives:

- Mistakes, penalties at the worst time

- Inability to use opportunity in your favor

- Overall sloppy play

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to stay positive. But we just aren’t a good team yet. I don’t feel confident that either side of the ball can do anything.
"Yet" I agree and disagree. We played two very good teams and hung tough, I see a lot of potential as the season progresses.

2 weeks in a row of not having what it takes. Close but no cigar.
I agree, but things look like they could start clicking IMO. This is not a bad team, not a SB caliber team, but not bad.
This team has fight and players, but they don’t make best of opportunities, etc.
disappointing, but not so much. There will be blood :)
Turnovers killed us last night. The Douglas punch out could have happened to any player in the NFL, it just one of those plays and one he will learn from. I think it was a mistake not bringing him back in the game. The Jones INT to Howard at the one. That was a shitty decision by Mac who otherwise played well. Mistakes can be cleaned up.

If the Pats beat the JESTs next weekend and I feel we can, I think we may see a swing with this team.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL QB's have started 5-0 against Bellycheck?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching the game for a second time.

In my Opinion.................

1. Bill O'Brien had several brain farts. Stupid, I mean absolutely stupid play calls on 2nd and short. Three times on second down because of delayed or slow pitch handoffs, they lost 3-7 yards. Blasting straight up the gut was good for a gain every time.

2. Turnovers. Pop had the in good position to take a left side hit, but the top 3/4 of th ball was exposed. He wasn't ready for the tackle behind him.
Mac picked a bad place to throw. Bourne vs Howard on the sideline at the 2 was 60:40 at best. Two weeks in a row the Opposition has scored off at least one turnover. Get either of them back and this game would have gone into OT.

3. I will not bitch about the OL. Anderson at LT and Lowe at RT. Owenu and Strange played as did D. Andrews. Mac got sacked 4 times, all on blitzes that were not picked up. The best part of this is that every available OL has played and played well. When the real starters play together, this could become a real strength.

4. Twice the officiating screwed the Patriots. Think about this. A QB takes off and runs to the sideline and stretches the ball across the marker and steps out of bounds a half yard behind it. "First Down!" A WR catches a ball, is tackled but hits the orange marker at the goal line. "Towuchown!"
A QB extends the ball over the goal line but never crosses it. "Touchdown". Last night, the ball crossed the first down marker and both times the ball was placed short because they said the knee in Stevenson's case and the shoulder in Strange's case, were short, even though the ball broke the plane before either part of their bodies touched te ground. Even when Bill challenged it, they refused to change it.

5. Devante Parker woke from his yearlong sleep and played like a man possessed. Maybe because it was the Dolphins. I was disappointed with Bourne's performance through the first three quarters. He finally started breaking contact and getting somewhat open. Where was JuJu??

6. Again, multiple trips to the Red Zone early in the game and walking away with 3 points.

7. Kudos for Ryland. Bill put him in a tough spot for his first FG and he split the uprights. Too bad he didn't get the opportunity against the Eagles.

Another loss that could have been a win.

One final note, This Dolphins team plays about as close to edge of breaking every rule. Late hits to guys on the ground. Clawing at the ball after the whistle. Piling an extra guy after every tackle. Tackling Judon and piling on top of him. No flag, 12 yard Dolphin gain. I hope someone does body slam Tua after the cheap shots last night.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best play of the game Schooler with the blocked field goal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Bill O'Brien had several brain farts. Stupid, I mean absolutely stupid play calls on 2nd and short. Three times on second down because of delayed or slow pitch handoffs, they lost 3-7 yards. Blasting straight up the gut was good for a gain every time.

2. Turnovers. Pop had the in good position to take a left side hit, but the top 3/4 of th ball was exposed. He wasn't ready for the tackle behind him.
Mac picked a bad place to throw. Bourne vs Howard on the sideline at the 2 was 60:40 at best. Two weeks in a row the Opposition has scored off at least one turnover. Get either of them back and this game would have gone into OT.

3. I will not bitch about the OL. Anderson at LT and Lowe at RT. Owenu and Strange played as did D. Andrews. Mac got sacked 4 times, all on blitzes that were not picked up. The best part of this is that every available OL has played and played well. When the real starters play together, this could become a real strength.

4. Twice the officiating screwed the Patriots.
Think about this. A QB takes off and runs to the sideline and stretches the ball across the marker and steps out of bounds a half yard behind it. "First Down!" A WR catches a ball, is tackled but hits the orange marker at the goal line. "Towuchown!"
A QB extends the ball over the goal line but never crosses it. "Touchdown". Last night, the ball crossed the first down marker and both times the ball was placed short because they said the knee in Stevenson's case and the shoulder in Strange's case, were short, even though the ball broke the plane before either part of their bodies touched te ground. Even when Bill challenged it, they refused to change it.

5. Devante Parker woke from his yearlong sleep and played like a man possessed. Maybe because it was the Dolphins. I was disappointed with Bourne's performance through the first three quarters. He finally started breaking contact and getting somewhat open. Where was JuJu??

6. Again, multiple trips to the Red Zone early in the game and walking away with 3 points.

7. Kudos for Ryland. Bill put him in a tough spot for his first FG and he split the uprights. Too bad he didn't get the opportunity against the Eagles.

One final note, This Dolphins team plays about as close to edge of breaking every rule. Late hits to guys on the ground. Clawing at the ball after the whistle. Piling an extra guy after every tackle. Tackling Judon and piling on top of him. No flag, 12 yard Dolphin gain. I hope someone does body slam Tua after the cheap shots last night.
Oyyyyy

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. Twice the officiating screwed the Patriots. Think about this. A QB takes off and runs to the sideline and stretches the ball across the marker and steps out of bounds a half yard behind it. "First Down!" A WR catches a ball, is tackled but hits the orange marker at the goal line. "Towuchown!"

I agree with some of what you said except for RT Lowe. He made that Van Grinkle guy look like Lawrence Taylor. He couldn’t block or even slow that guy down.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez looks like he could be special. Gone up against 2 offenses with great WR’s and played pretty damn good.
I agree better save some cap money for four years down the road.

Last edited:

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did have some no shows on defense. Uche….. rookie White and Barmore… he was fantastic as a rookie. Hurt a lot last year and I haven’t heard his name called once in our first 2 games.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly do not know how long I will be around tonight. I feel like crap and this headache is making me feel like 20 semi trucks are constantly bashing into me

Ok, well I'm not making it. Just threw up.

Let's go Pats! You can do this!!

Hope you're feeling better red but man have I got you beat!

Had hip replacement surgery on Thursday, after a brutally painful Friday, Saturday was a bit better. By Sunday I hadn't eaten and got crazy nauseous all day. Finally got some anti-nausea meds and made a bit of a come-back in time to stumble out to watch the game. Feeling quite a bit better this morning.

The team is definitely underperforming and could have won both games. It's tough to spot the league two right off the bat though. It's also twice that they didn't have the juice when they needed it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're feeling better red but man have I got you beat!

Had hip replacement surgery on Thursday, after a brutally painful Friday, Saturday was a bit better. By Sunday I hadn't eaten and got crazy nauseous all day. Finally got some anti-nausea meds and made a bit of a come-back in time to stumble out to watch the game. Feeling quite a bit better this morning.

The team is definitely underperforming and could have won both games. It's tough to spot the league two right off the bat though. It's also twice that they didn't have the juice when they needed it.

Damn sorry to hear all of that man! Hip surgery is no joke! My knee and hip I think I really need to have looked at again since nothing I've done has stopped pain but that costs to much money, I think I'll let let it actually break and go from there.

Did you throw your food back up watching this game? I am glad I was in bed and missed basically all of it. Though it appears the Patriots might not have benefited from the calls but that's life.... That's what happens when you have a promising opening drive and blow it.. I went to bed after that