• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 NE Patriots vs Green Bay Packers Saturday 8/19/2023 8:00 PM NFLN

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the way the rule is written, a 3rd QB does not count against 46 man roster on game day. He can play if the first two get dinged. He is restricted to playing QB only. If he's listed as anything else, he counts against the 46 man game roster. It allows the team to carry an extra player but for one position only.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the way the rule is written, a 3rd QB does not count against 46 man roster on game day. He can play if the first two get dinged. He is restricted to playing QB only. If he's listed as anything else, he counts against the 46 man game roster. It allows the team to carry an extra player but for one position only.
So in other words, all other rules are still in place.
Any WR or otherwise can step in as QB at any given time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not! I believe that was the reasoning for the extra QB roster spot. You can carry a 3rd at no charge but he has to be listed as a QB to play QB. So if they pick up Malilk as a 3rd QB he must play QB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not! I believe that was the reasoning for the extra QB roster spot. You can carry a 3rd at no charge but he has to be listed as a QB to play QB. So if they pick up Malilk as a 3rd QB he must play QB
Correct.

If they list him as a WR he has to count against the 46 man game roster, but can play any position.

The 3rd QB is freebie, but can only play QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

If they list him as a WR he has to count against the 46 man game roster, but can play any position.

Yes, that's what I am saying.
He can play PR, WR, CB, QB or punter....IF he is counted against the 46.
If he is not counted against the 46, he can only sit on the bench unless the first two QB's go down.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct.

I concur with BK. The purpose is to allow teams to carry an extra guy as a precaution and not dumb down the strategy of football.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might sound a bit bizarre......

NFLN is not showing this game in prime time. I have Sunday Ticket and according to YouTube TV, they will have it on. If you live in the New England area, NBC or ANC will be carrying it. It will be replayed over the next several days atleast twice on the NFLN.

IMO.................Something to watch for. Malika Cunningham. How much playing time does he get at QB and does he get more than Zappe or McSorely.

Pop Douglas. Does he go out with the starters? Kayshon Boutte. Does he play with Mac Jones? Very carefully watch to see which WR does not play with Mac. Thorton as of last night, was not scheduled to play tonight. That's not good news for him. Pop Douglas is eight inches shorter and weighs about the same and defenses are having a tough time defending against him. Some of the vets are calling him Pop Edelman.

Christian Gonzalez. They picked on him the first day of mixed practice and he played very well. He was a wall in the second practice. Will Jirdan Love or any other QB go after him or stay away tonight?

These are a few things I'll be watching as well as Mac's performance. Will he come out like he did on Thursday and torch the pack? Or will he become very conservative and make me grind my teeth or throw something at the TV?

If you don't get the game, will you watch anybody else?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFLN is not showing this game in prime time. I have Sunday Ticket and according to YouTube TV, they will have it on. If you live in the New England area, NBC or ANC will be carrying it. It will be replayed over the next several days atleast twice on the NFLN.

IMO.................Something to watch for. Malika Cunningham. How much playing time does he get at QB and does he get more than Zappe or McSorely.

Pop Douglas. Does he go out with the starters? Kayshon Boutte. Does he play with Mac Jones? Very carefully watch to see which WR does not play with Mac. Thorton as of last night, was not scheduled to play tonight. That's not good news for him. Pop Douglas is eight inches shorter and weighs about the same and defenses are having a tough time defending against him. Some of the vets are calling him Pop Edelman.

Christian Gonzalez. They picked on him the first day of mixed practice and he played very well. He was a wall in the second practice. Will Jirdan Love or any other QB go after him or stay away tonight?

These are a few things I'll be watching as well as Mac's performance. Will he come out like he did on Thursday and torch the pack? Or will he become very conservative and make me grind my teeth or throw something at the TV?

I have NFL+ and will get the game live.
I will watch the other AFCE teams later this week?
NFL+ now costs $79 for the full year..... Bastids raised the rates!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm getting Sunday Ticket and fortunately for me it's going to be on cable! But I don't have it yet.

I'll be watching Dallas-Seattle today and NE tomorrow after it records.

Nothing critical about these games so I can wait.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting Sunday Ticket and fortunately for me it's going to be on cable! But I don't have it yet.

I'll be watching Dallas-Seattle today and NE tomorrow after it records.

Nothing critical about these games so I can wait.
So the guy that spends $50000 a month on getting the games can't get it?
I'm getting it for less than $10 / month?

How you been Hank. Haven't seen you in awhile. Glad you have not burned up in all those Canadian wildfires!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL+ now costs $79 for the full year..... Bastids raised the rates!
That's if you get End Zone and bunch of ither crap. I'm getting it for $49.95. Pisses me off because I've had it since it came out for $4.99 a year.
I'm not crazy about watching any game on my iPad. I do have a conversion cable that I might be able to plug into my TV USB Connection. I might have to by a 75" Smart Sony OLED to get the connection I need. 8^)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guy that spends $50000 a month on getting the games can't get it?
I'm getting it for less than $10 / month?

How you been Hank. Haven't seen you in awhile. Glad you have not burned up in all those Canadian wildfires!

I guess you rounded up? $190 for the season. Love my Sunday Ticket. All the Sunday games for sure. And the simplicity of cable.

My town has been locked down since July when our highway was shut due to a fire. But no smoky skies here.

I'm actually loving it. I don't go anywhere anyway.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if you get End Zone and bunch of ither crap. I'm getting it for $49.95. Pisses me off because I've had it since it came out for $4.99 a year.
I was not going to accept the $79 / month but I was unable to get the Pats game with the $49.......
I should try re-reading the fine print again!
I read and wrote contracts for a living. $100 million contracts were easier to read!!!!!!
My renewal date is the 23rd, hmmmmmm

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well mine expires on Sept 4. I better read the fine print if I can find my Magnifying glass.
I just re-read. I can get NFL+ for $39 with discount code. Nope! $49 for existing customers.
You will be able to get the game tonight on your old subscription - good to Sep 4th.
I'm going to watch the game tonight with current subscription then try to sign up for regular NFL+

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it tonight on my iPad. Dolphins 7 Texans 3 are playing right now.
I re-re-re-read. The NFL+ does not allow Full game replays of all regular season games. I'm going to stick with the $79 plan.
I am now going to try to get the military discount. (jump through hoops!)
You can stream the game tonight through your computer and HDMI cable to your big screen.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well mine expires on Sept 4. I better read the fine print if I can find my Magnifying glass.
The military discount is 25%
I have to cancel my current subscription to get it. That will take it down to $59.
I'm very stubborn so I will do that after this weekend.
I'll let you know how it works out.

If you like watching on your phone or tablet you can get the game replays on NFL+ and don't need premium.
I don't and that's why I need the NFL+ premium!