• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 NE Patriots vs Green Bay Packers Saturday 8/19/2023 8:00 PM NFLN

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Packers crushed the Cincinnati Bengals in their first Preseason game 36-19.

Theystarted the team that's expected to start the season. They did substitute but they had to give Jordan Love a chance to get out on the field and get some serious work in. All of the Packers WR, RB and OL looked to be in mis-season form. The Bengals didn't play all of their starters. Joe Burrow won't play until the regular season. So it was starters against non-starters.

Patriots will be playing in Green Bay. Natural grass and relatively coller temps than have been the daily way in Foxboro.

Packers will most likely do the same thing and go with their starters and then substitute freely.

Not sure what the Patriots plan of action will be,

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Packers crushed the Cincinnati Bengals in their first Preseason game 36-19.

Theystarted the team that's expected to start the season. They did substitute but they had to give Jordan Love a chance to get out on the field and get some serious work in. All of the Packers WR, RB and OL looked to be in mis-season form. The Bengals didn't play all of their starters. Joe Burrow won't play until the regular season. So it was starters against non-starters.

Patriots will be playing in Green Bay. Natural grass and relatively coller temps than have been the daily way in Foxboro.

Packers will most likely do the same thing and go with their starters and then substitute freely.

I would guess Pats would like to see some more starters in that game, if only for a few series. GB already played O starters in 1st game, not sure they need to do it again in preseason.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is:
1) a couple players have punched their ticket off the roster. They may not play.
2) A number of players are locked in. They may play.
3) The middle two thirds will see the majority of play time to prove they belong.

Next game group 1 will be larger and group 2 will see action.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there is a long-standing truth. You play scared and ultra conservative is when most bad outcomes and injuries occur. Don’t play scared, play smart.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see. Better Red Zone play, Better O Line play. Keep it vanilla on offense and defense execution is more important then going deep in the playbook. More Cunningham BB needs to decide Cunningham or McSorley

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB needs to decide Cunningham or McSorley
He gave Cunningham the largest UDFA contract ever. He knows what he has. Of course, the media is saying that he's too small at 6'2" and 185 lbs.
My guess here is that BB doesn't want to start a fiasco. He had MC at QB yesterday in practice with the first team for one series and therest were between Mac and Zap. McSorely was the scout team QB. Severe lightning put the team in the locker room for 45 minutes yesterday. When it passed Bill had everyone in short, no pads, doing faster than walkthroughs in the Red Zone.

Quote BB: "It's preseason and time for evaluation. We need to get through this to be sure everything is in place for the start of the regular season."

That certainly makes sense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave Cunningham the largest UDFA contract ever. He knows what he has. Of course, the media is saying that he's too small at 6'2" and 185 lbs.
My guess here is that BB doesn't want to start a fiasco. He had MC at QB yesterday in practice with the first team for one series and therest were between Mac and Zap. McSorely was the scout team QB. Severe lightning put the team in the locker room for 45 minutes yesterday. When it passed Bill had everyone in short, no pads, doing faster than walkthroughs in the Red Zone.

Quote BB: "It's preseason and time for evaluation. We need to get through this to be sure everything is in place for the start of the regular season."

That certainly makes sense.
To me this comes down to will the Pats list three QBs? Seems they almost have to if the plan is to keep Mailk, if they list him as anything other than QB then he cannot play QB at least that is my understanding of the new rule

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cannot play QB at least that is my understanding of the new rule
Unless both other QBs cannot continue to play in any given game.

Not sure if he can be listed as ST/QB or if every player nust be at a single position. Why is it that a G can play T or S play CB?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if he can be listed as ST/QB or if every player nust be at a single position. Why is it that a G can play T or S play CB?
My understanding is that in order to play if both QBs went down he would have to be listed solely as a QB. If listed as QB he could play other positions but if listed as WR he could not play QB. The O Line cross positioning is not an issue, does not apply to new QB rule

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see. Better Red Zone play, Better O Line play. Keep it vanilla on offense and defense execution is more important then going deep in the playbook. More Cunningham BB needs to decide Cunningham or McSorley
Cunningham... or who??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that in order to play if both QBs went down he would have to be listed solely as a QB. If listed as QB he could play other positions but if listed as WR he could not play QB. The O Line cross positioning is not an issue, does not apply to new QB rule
Maybe, but the way I understood it, if the team were to bring a third QB dressed for the game that didn't count against the active 46 he couldn't play anything else.
But if they were to grab a WR or other position to play QB they could.

My understanding.
Could be wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but the way I understood it, if the team were to bring a third QB dressed for the game that didn't count against the active 46 he couldn't play anything else.
But if they were to grab a WR or other position to play QB they could.

My understanding.
Could be wrong.
I need to find this rule. Read it 14 times so I can understand it

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Me too, I only rad it 12...so I probably misinterpreted something.
I have some reading comprehension issues to begin with, so when I read NFL rules and policies I am always left asking who the fuck wrote this, who proof read it, and how in the name of heaven did this get published

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some reading comprehension issues to begin with, so when I read NFL rules and policies I am always left asking who the fuck wrote this, who proof read it, and how in the name of heaven did this get published
Sorta like the BB School of NFL Rule Interpretation?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For playing purposes, all linemen are linemen.
For playing purposes all defensive backs are defensive backs.
Linebackers can play anywhere?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For playing purposes, all linemen are linemen.
For playing purposes all defensive backs are defensive backs.
Linebackers can play anywhere?
My understanding is the 3rd QB is a "sacred" designation added so teams are not relegated to "looking completely stupid" if two QB's go down. The player can't play unless QB1 and QB2 both are out and can't play a position other than QB. To me, there are already enough players and too bad if you end up panted by circumstances.