• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably, calling a deep pass period on 4th and 2 was tard and cost them the game. When the ball left Romo's hand the first thing I thought was 'WTF?'

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson made catches. The rule is just plain stupid.

I agree, the rule is borderline but the call was not. It penalizes a player for making a great play. Earl Thomas had an interception yesterday that was just as close but the ball also touched the ground.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhmm, we Lions fans heard an awful lot about how one play doesn't mean win or lose. And your defense had plenty of time to make a stop and get the ball back. You didn't get it done. How's it feel?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like last week, everyone is going to harp on that one play.

One play does not make the difference in a game. Just doesnt.

Anyone arguing over one play is just spitting in the wind.

The Immaculate Reception disagrees with you.

As does, "The Catch".

Oh, and that DPI call made by Fred Sweringin that gave Lynn Swann the catch deep down field in SB XIII. That's one Cowboy fans - to this day - say the ref got wrong.

I could go on for hours on this - but I think you get the point.

One play, especially if it occurs late enough in the game, can make the difference.

Hence the reason we went back to instant replay.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree with that. When it's down to the wire and it directly takes at least a very likely score away it does impact the game.

Last weeks call came with so much time left that it couldn't define the reason for the loss. It was a bad call, but too much time left to be a reason for that loss.

Today's was different.

guess it depends how you look at it. Yes, they could have scored, but there was a lot of time left.

The way I look at football is more of the spirit of a particular game: I think Dallas had already lost this game, with some of their earlier possessions.

But who knows. Bottom line is, that was a tremendous effort by the man-child that is Dez. Would have liked to see that play count, but it didnt.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wouldn't have changed the call. Same as if the receiver had been in the ez when it happened. If you're going to the ground before making a football move, you must maintain control through the process. If had made a football move then went to the ground, then he's down by contact.

My point was if he was able to stretch to the line and break the plain that would have been the football move no?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that was CRAZY on the last catch though.... Dallas player tipped the ball and someone it still got there... Truly a game of inches ... MAN

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably, calling a deep pass period on 4th and 2 was tard and cost them the game. When the ball left Romo's hand the first thing I thought was 'WTF?'
\\

That's a standard throw on 4th down we've seen it many times with Manning. And we just saw it last night with Flacco. Throw it deep and the chances of either a catch or a defensive penalty greatly outweigh the chance of an incomplete pass.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Immaculate Reception disagrees with you.

As does, "The Catch".

Oh, and that DPI call made by Fred Sweringin that gave Lynn Swann the catch deep down field in SB XIII. That's one Cowboy fans - to this day - say the ref got wrong.

I could go on for hours on this - but I think you get the point.

One play, especially if it occurs late enough in the game, can make the difference.

Hence the reason we went back to instant replay.

guess yall just miss my point, and I cant explain it well. But to me football is the entire game, not a blown call.

Everyone cried about the play in the Detroit game, and now people are going to cry about this play. I dont see either one as the defining cause for victory or loss.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Rodgers wouldn't have produced a TD drive anyway?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the rule is borderline but the call was not.

This is exactly right. The ball was "caught" but according to the rule it's an "incomplete pass" and it's hard to debate that.

They got the call right. Would just like to see them fix this rule and I said the same thing after the Calvin Johnson catch was ruled incomplete.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess yall just miss my point, and I cant explain it well. But to me football is the entire game, not a blown call.

Everyone cried about the play in the Detroit game, and now people are going to cry about this play. I dont see either one as the defining cause for victory or loss.

Point taken... BUT, Dallas takes the lead there you never know the outcome after that... Just saying..

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a mistake not to pressure an immobile Rodgers. Dallas basically put no pressure on him all game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole lot of speculation here. The rule is this:

Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass.
A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands
; and
(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after
(a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining
control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).
Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long
enough to do so.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Buck and Aikman, how many times did they say "Gene Steratore" today? Must have been 30 times. It got to the point of being ridiculous.