• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick vs. Joe Montana

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I'm taking my ball and going home :laugh3:
Perhaps I came off that way. I am pretty new to this board, and so far, if what I was seeking was an opportunity to be personally insulted then I found my Utopia. This is only sports discussion and not something I usually take all that seriously. I do not insult or call people names, or say things I wouldn't say to their face, were we in the same room, unless someone does it to me first, in which case I may well respond similarly.

Personal attacks do make me mad. I don't like being mad. I avoid it if possible, so yeah, I am not a troll, out to s*** disturb so I can hurl nastiness and have it hurled at me. I can be gotten rid of more easily than that. That's what I meant. I'll try not to cry.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I came off that way. I am pretty new to this board, and so far, if what I was seeking was an opportunity to be personally insulted then I found my Utopia. This is only sports discussion and not something I usually take all that seriously. I do not insult or call people names, or say things I wouldn't say to their face, were we in the same room, unless someone does it to me first, in which case I may well respond similarly.

Personal attacks do make me mad. I don't like being mad. I avoid it if possible, so yeah, I am not a troll, out to s*** disturb so I can hurl nastiness and have it hurled at me. I can be gotten rid of more easily than that. That's what I meant. I'll try not to cry.

Yeah, please dont because that would be corny.

At the sametime though, you're right about the name calling, if anyone called u names 4 no reason then they are wrong. but you attacked a person like me for not agreeing with you. this is a message board and people are going to state their opinion. it might not always be what you were looking to hear and that's what you are going to have to understand.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoah. You don't compare a player who started part of one season with arguably the best of all time at his position.

This was my thought too... Wait a minute and Ill start a Kyrie Irving vs Magic Johnson thread here in a bit.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, please dont because that would be corny.

At the sametime though, you're right about the name calling, if anyone called u names 4 no reason then they are wrong. but you attacked a person like me for not agreeing with you. this is a message board and people are going to state their opinion. it might not always be what you were looking to hear and that's what you are going to have to understand.
Please enlighten me. When/how did I attack you simply for disagreeing with me?

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my thought too... Wait a minute and Ill start a Kyrie Irving vs Magic Johnson thread here in a bit.
I don't get it? Neither one played for the 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the interest of keeping it lively during the nearly unendurable weeks until the first preseason games and with great confidence that all of you know me and appreciate that which I would like to think passes for a sense of humor, and you realize the veritude with which I opinionate and through our long history, you know how elated I am to be a 49ers fan in this era (and by era, I mean the Kaepernick era, you can call it the Harbaugh era if you want. I won't argue (too much)).

I don't know about you folks, but seeing all of the fans of other teams talking about CK as being hoodie, or a gangsta, or 'speaking out of turn' (meaning, I think arrogance), and wait and see what it's like this year, when teams have had the opportunity to really game plan him and the general flash in the pan vein...etc., blah blah blah.

If anybody is reading that crapola, and buying it, I'm predicting you need not worry. The reason all of these people are naysaying is because they either; hate the 49ers and are scared shi*less, or loved Alex Smith - understandable (not to me, but to someone).

I predict he (CK) will rewrite record books. In 49ers stature, he won't replace Joe, but he may well bypass everyone else, including Young - heck, he's beaten Green Bay in the playoffs, legitimately (something Young never was able to accomplish - yeah the one victory unfortunately comes with an asterisk).

if Kaep "by-passes" Young, i'd be very VERY elated. cause that likely means the SB contending 'window' stays open for a while? but if I had to bet hard earned cash today, it wouldn't be a SMALL amount bet.

so certainly rooting for Kaep but know "by-passing Young" won't be easy. even today, feel Kaep needs to show his stuff a little more, say 4 games? no reason to think he won't continue, but i'll just wait and see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
btw - if you want to say Young wasn't so good, you should stick to Young facts. don't drag in Kaep as a comparison?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CK will be great for the 49ers but Im not going to say yet if he is going to be a HOF. Let the kid play a couple years before we crown him the next great one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if Kaep "by-passes" Young, i'd be very VERY elated. cause that likely means the SB contending 'window' stays open for a while? but if I had to bet hard earned cash today, it wouldn't be a SMALL amount bet.

so certainly rooting for Kaep but know "by-passing Young" won't be easy. even today, feel Kaep needs to show his stuff a little more, say 4 games? no reason to think he won't continue, but i'll just wait and see.

whoops, "would" not "wouldn't"

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand alright. Understand this:

You don't want to entertain (or allow me to entertain) comparisons between Joe Montana and Kaepernick, or Montana, or Montana and Young, or Montana, Kaepernick, Young, Garcia, or Jeff Kemp? That's fine with me. Send me the rule book so I'll know what's ok and not ok by you. It's not fair to hold me to imaginary standards until you define them clearly.

OK, I wasn't being serious. Now I am. Don't tell me what to talk about and I'l do you the same courtesy.
Last sentence. Im pretty sure you attacked a few others as well for not agreeing.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last sentence. Im pretty sure you attacked a few others as well for not agreeing.
Hmm, sorry if that seemed at all like an attack at all, much less a personal one. It wasn't meant to be. It was a response to the comments that I (perceived as being told) have no right to do a comparison between the GOAT and CK.

While I admit it is a stretch at this point (and may always be) to compare the two, that doesn't mean I have no right to do so, no matter how ridiculous it may be. If I feel like comparing Joe Montana and Ryan Leaf, I will. If you want, do the same, or say anything else that pleases you and you wish to discuss. Whether I agree isn't the point. I would never deny your right to say it. My tone was a bit brisk perhaps, but I don't see that as an attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmm, sorry if that seemed at all like an attack at all, much less a personal one. It wasn't meant to be. It was a response to the comments that I (perceived as being told) have no right to do a comparison between the GOAT and CK.

While I admit it is a stretch at this point (and may always be) to compare the two, that doesn't mean I have no right to do so, no matter how ridiculous it may be. If I feel like comparing Joe Montana and Ryan Leaf, I will. If you want, do the same, or say anything else that pleases you and you wish to discuss. Whether I agree isn't the point. I would never deny your right to say it. My tone was a bit brisk perhaps, but I don't see that as an attack.

if you stick to just negatives on Young, you stand a 0.001% chance (ie yeah it is a stretch) of convincing us Young was overrated. if you compare QB's, first you're clouding the issue and second, it is saying you don't have negatives on Young.

nobody is saying you can't give an opinion, but if asked why, shouldn't there be a reason(s) you think it?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said you had no right to do so; we just gave our opinion that it was a dumb comparison to make.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Joe Montana and "who" ????

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you stick to just negatives on Young, you stand a 0.001% chance (ie yeah it is a stretch) of convincing us Young was overrated. if you compare QB's, first you're clouding the issue and second, it is saying you don't have negatives on Young.

nobody is saying you can't give an opinion, but if asked why, shouldn't there be a reason(s) you think it?
The post is about Kaepernick being good, not Young being bad. Young was a great quarterback and I foolishly allowed myself to make another dig at him as part of my original post.

I will not do it again, ever. At the least I will try.

And please everyone, accept my heartfelt apologies and deep remorse for my insulting comments, even slightly, regarding a wonderful player and all around, great citizen of this Nation of ours, as well as causing such confusion to you personally, my friends.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is indeed! At one point (the beginning) I was hoping someone would ask, but nobody ever did. (sigh).

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said you had no right to do so; we just gave our opinion that it was a dumb comparison to make.
Fair enough. I accept your apology. :)

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're saying there's a chance.