• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 Preseason: Vikings vs Seahawks *Must Stay Healthy*

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Action Pass caught by Dallas

Called back to Illigal shift(Fewer than 7 on the LOS)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's back...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Husky fans here disappointed about the break up of the PAC12?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Husky fans here disappointed about the break up of the PAC12?
College football in general has gotten crazy since open transfer portals and all the NIL money. This is just yet another change to deal with.

Feel a little bad for the teams left behind and still miffed USC/UCLA pushed west coast football to this level of desperation, but I wasn't worried about us landing on our feet somewhere.

Since my son is a Penn State grad and lives in Pitt, it will be fun to go to Beaver stadium to see a game with him at some point.

I don't think this is done by any means. Eventually the TV deals will only make sense if ALL of the fluff from the existing mega conferences are dropped and the elite teams more or less break off and cast the rest to their own tier/playoffs. Probably see the other sports break off from the football conferences as well. The travel can't be sustained for the non revenue sports.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, TV 'difficulties' yet again. What the absolute fuck.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, TV 'difficulties' yet again. What the absolute fuck.

Sarcastic Putt Putt GIF by ABC Network

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSN is Slaying out there
K, against backups and guys that will be flipping burgers in 3 weeks.
Has ran some quality routes and we see the flashes. Really just want him to not get too many passes and risk injury. We don't know how many NFL hits he can take.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football in general has gotten crazy since open transfer portals and all the NIL money. This is just yet another change to deal with.

Feel a little bad for the teams left behind and still miffed USC/UCLA pushed west coast football to this level of desperation, but I wasn't worried about us landing on our feet somewhere.

Since my son is a Penn State grad and lives in Pitt, it will be fun to go to Beaver stadium to see a game with him at some point.

I don't think this is done by any means. Eventually the TV deals will only make sense if ALL of the fluff from the existing mega conferences are dropped and the elite teams more or less break off and cast the rest to their own tier/playoffs. Probably see the other sports break off from the football conferences as well. The travel can't be sustained for the non revenue sports.

I agree with what you're saying. It would make sense for the 2 revenue generating sports, hoops and FB to just be conference and the rest of it is going to be more intramural with regional conferences. Sad as it is, the revenue is going to kill the lower tier sports.

edit
The part that sucks is the regional rivalries getting kicked to the curb....that's the lame part