• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick vs. Joe Montana

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the interest of keeping it lively during the nearly unendurable weeks until the first preseason games and with great confidence that all of you know me and appreciate that which I would like to think passes for a sense of humor, and you realize the veritude with which I opinionate and through our long history, you know how elated I am to be a 49ers fan in this era (and by era, I mean the Kaepernick era, you can call it the Harbaugh era if you want. I won't argue (too much)).

I don't know about you folks, but seeing all of the fans of other teams talking about CK as being hoodie, or a gangsta, or 'speaking out of turn' (meaning, I think arrogance), and wait and see what it's like this year, when teams have had the opportunity to really game plan him and the general flash in the pan vein...etc., blah blah blah.

If anybody is reading that crapola, and buying it, I'm predicting you need not worry. The reason all of these people are naysaying is because they either; hate the 49ers and are scared shi*less, or loved Alex Smith - understandable (not to me, but to someone).

I predict he (CK) will rewrite record books. In 49ers stature, he won't replace Joe, but he may well bypass everyone else, including Young - heck, he's beaten Green Bay in the playoffs, legitimately (something Young never was able to accomplish - yeah the one victory unfortunately comes with an asterisk).

You completely disrespect Steve Young and now you're saying Kaep is going to rewrite the record books. Are you a troll or do you just not actually watch football?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh guys, and I mean both Boston Troll and JDM. You're wrong on so many levels. If I was much more patient I would explain, but I suspect you are good at misunderstanding stuff.

Haha now were trolls? How many games did CP start?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to just let this one go. Maybe if you show you are capable of real conversation we'll have one at some point.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely disrespect Steve Young and now you're saying Kaep is going to rewrite the record books. Are you a troll or do you just not actually watch football?
Let's get something straight:

I DID NOT DISRESPECT STEVE YOUNG.

WHAT I DID DO IS RATE KAEPERNICK EVEN HIGHER.

DO I HAVE RIGHT TO DO THAT WITHOUT GARNISHING HATRED AND DISRESPECT OR NOT?

Am I getting through here at all?

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to just let this one go. Maybe if you show you are capable of real conversation we'll have one at some point.
Stop telling me how stupid and trollish am and that would be more possible.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just dumb to compare CP to Montana or Young. Way too early.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize! I completely forgot it was me who started with the troll accusations.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've been giving Young very little credit since you came here. He is one of the best to ever play. I don't understand why you refuse to see that.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just dumb to compare CP to Montana or Young. Way too early.
No too early!

Kaepernick can be compared favorably to Joe Montana through the 1980 season and with Young through the 1988 season, at least with the 49ers. What remains to be seen is the whole history. And while it maybe too early for you, in your opinion, to make comparisons, I will continue to do so if I want to, despite what names you call me.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the interest of keeping it lively during the nearly unendurable weeks until the first preseason games and with great confidence that all of you know me and appreciate that which I would like to think passes for a sense of humor, and you realize the veritude with which I opinionate and through our long history, you know how elated I am to be a 49ers fan in this era (and by era, I mean the Kaepernick era, you can call it the Harbaugh era if you want. I won't argue (too much)).

I don't know about you folks, but seeing all of the fans of other teams talking about CK as being hoodie, or a gangsta, or 'speaking out of turn' (meaning, I think arrogance), and wait and see what it's like this year, when teams have had the opportunity to really game plan him and the general flash in the pan vein...etc., blah blah blah.

If anybody is reading that crapola, and buying it, I'm predicting you need not worry. The reason all of these people are naysaying is because they either; hate the 49ers and are scared shi*less, or loved Alex Smith - understandable (not to me, but to someone).

I predict he (CK) will rewrite record books. In 49ers stature, he won't replace Joe, but he may well bypass everyone else, including Young - heck, he's beaten Green Bay in the playoffs, legitimately (something Young never was able to accomplish - yeah the one victory unfortunately comes with an asterisk).

CK could never catch Joe's legacy. Kaep is already 0-1 in the Superbowl vs Joe 4-0. It will be impossible, THREAD CLOSED!

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been giving Young very little credit since you came here. He is one of the best to ever play. I don't understand why you refuse to see that.
Young is the second best quarterback to ever play for the 49ers. I do not hate Young.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK could never catch Joe's legacy. Kaep is already 0-1 in the Superbowl vs Joe 4-0. It will be impossible, THREAD CLOSED!
I have to wonder what is the ambiguity you read into the part of my prediction where I said "he won't catch Joe"?