• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WCQF G5 Kings @ Oilers 5/1/24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a broken record but I've never seen anything like this. Basically a free half a goal every single time a basic two minute minor is called.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean. The Thousand Oaks kid narrative means is pretty much untradeable

Not if Bowlby ain't here.

=)~~

If a fresh non LA connection is hired, I don't see any narrative playing a role. Dumbo moved people out left and right the moment he came on board, hope a similar situation happens.

Loyalty is great and in the end it burned Dumbo built initially he didn't give a crap who you were. I mean he traded Visnovsky like 2 days before his major deal was about to kick in that HE signed him to not even a year earlier.

I wonder if he'd matchup better against any other team. His playoff stats might be rough but it's all against Edmonton. But yeah...he hasn't looked strong at all.

Reminds me a Globe Trotter, lot of moves and zig zagging but ultimately doesn't produce anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't complain about calls, but this last few minutes has been wild. I can see the Fiala call. I can even live with it as a diving call if it's consistent. But I think Draisaitl JUST did the same thing. The dude is like Peter Forsberg with strength and how no one can knock him off his feet. Then he goes down so easy.

Also, that isn't even a penalty on PLD.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers just activated their ref buddies, real nice.

Fiala didn't dive and Dubois wirh a clean check. Deck stacked against LA as it was.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as for special teams. It wouldn't matter if LA just didn't suck so bad. Lose every major faceoff. Still can't score their own PP goal to save their (literal season) lives.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers just activated their ref buddies, real nice.

Fiala didn't dive and Dubois wirh a clean check. Deck stacked against LA as it was.
Trying to kill Rittich too

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to kill Rittich too

Unbelievable, Rittich is ready for the shot with no helmet and they let McJesus wind up and still take the shot.

I don't normally complain about officiating either but I'd make it a point to criticize it tonight in the post game win or lose.

Zebras need to be held accountable too and should be publicly embarrassed.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next round will be as easy for Oil, can only hope they get booted right after

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer on the calls. Honestly bad calls and it sucks, but Kings continued failure to capitalize on their PPs and then Edmonton scoring on all but 1 of theirs. They technically scored 2 after they ended but the King player wasn't even back in the play. Pretty much of 3 of 4 on the PP even though it'll show 1 of 4.

Good teams overcome stuff and this team doesn't have that makeup. Took them too long to get into the series. And I can't believe this wasn't a sweep by how lopsided special teams have been. I sound like a parrot, but I've never seen anything at more extreme ends of the spectrum.

I can run the whole list of guys who looks outclassed. Arvidsson and Moore are having probably the worst 5 game stretch I've ever seen from either of them. But almost all Kings are missing in action. Outscored 7-1 at home for the two games. Tired of attacking Dubois. Lizzote is the best looking King right now? Yikes.

And yet with all that. Kings seem to control play 5 on 5. That's why I think it's less Edmonton good, and more LA bad. See Edmonton getting schooled by winner of central.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series like this make me miss Jamie Kompon
sure the power play sucked but the penalty kill was solid.
kings needed a goalie to steal a game
skinner stole game 4
kings have two goalies with sub 900 save %

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PK was ranked second best at season's end, there's just not much you can do with that 5 man unit for Edmonton. Bouchard busting out really just ramped it up more than anything, he jad a breakout season.

This team is just not comprised well both in terms of the proper talent and definitely not in the balls to the wall category.

Hopefully Blake gets his walking papers tomorrow.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a guy or 2 that can actually forecheck is very evident. Outside of Blake being inept, how did nobody notice this?

Unless some good moves lol happen, i see dark seasons coming.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres always next year!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna say Kings can't win a battle but Kempe had his stick held pretty bad there. When Fiala had that at the point, and the dude on him has his stick broke. Why does Fiala panic and donkey it down low? Handcuffs his own guy. Kings not getting a shot at the end is disappointing. Good effort to get it to 4-3 but wanted to have them at least make Skinner make a save. Too cute like always.